Anchorage X released

• Aerosoft

At last, the biggest city of Alaska is now available for FSX in all of its beauty. The download of Anchorage X is ready waiting for you in our shop and contains the most important airport of Alaska, Ted Stevens International (PANC). The newly created scenery comes with all of its buildings and institutions and also features a detailed recreation of Lake Hood (LHD), the biggest sea plane airport of the world including a large number of static aircraft. Another highlight is the fantastic night lighting and effects. Pull on your jumper and let´s go!

You will find all information on the product pages.

PANC5.jpg

PANC59.jpg

• Upvote 1

Mathijs,

This looks amazing. I don't usually go for US scenery as much as I do on European scenery but this has really caught my eye. With such detail, what kind of fps can I expect with my decently specked machine I7-950-420 and say using a new 737NG aircraft that's just out. :) cheers

Gerry

Thanks a MILLION! guys! As the UPSVAC Hub Manager for PANC, I can tell you - we've been waiting for this for a VERY long time. We depend on PANC for so many flights - I can tell you this will be popular with every freightdog airline out there! I'm downloading now and will give you my review after using it and enjoying the difference! Thanks again!!!

• Upvote 1

• Developer
Hello,

Is this compatible with ORBX and UT Alaska? And if so, are there any particular directions in the manual to make them compatible?

Thank you

Paul

ORBX? is there a Alaska Area we miss?

UT Alaska: yes, it is.

At last, the biggest city of Alaska is now available for FSX in all of its beauty. The download of Anchorage X is ready waiting for you in our shop and contains the most important airport of Alaska, Ted Stevens International (PANC). The newly created scenery comes with all of its buildings and institutions and also features a detailed recreation of Lake Hood (LHD), the biggest sea plane airport of the world including a large number of static aircraft. Another highlight is the fantastic night lighting and effects. Pull on your jumper and let´s go!

You will find all information on the product pages.

FANTASTIC ...... Great Looking Add to MY ...... FSX .... to Enjoy and use everyday...

GREAT JOB......Nice WORK.... Downloaded the 2.3 gb .....File....WOW.... :bow_down2_s:

Well WOW....WOW...VERRRRRRYYYY..... KWEL

( Other than a 2.3 GB - Download..... icon_lol.gif )

Here's a few Photo's - of NorthLink Virtual Airlines..... DASH8-400 at New Add-on

NorthLink Virtual Airlines-Dash8-400-PANC-090111-08.gif

NorthLink Virtual Airlines-Dash8-400-PANC-090111-05.gif

NorthLink Virtual Airlines-Dash8-400-PANC-090111-11.gif

See Other Photo's of this FANTASTIC ADD-ON .....

in - NorthLink Virtual Airlines • Forum

NLA Vids, pics and PIREPS!

http://rainbird.heavenforum.org/t1242-panc-anchorage-new-airport-fsx-add-on-first-look-with-northlink-va-dash8-400-9-1-11#5073

As I live in Alaska, and work with NorthLink Virtual Airlines ....

with Hubs in Anchorage, Seattle, Calgary....

Can't wait to get this.....WOW.... Thanx

Also looking for Pilots - 18 yo - 99 • • • Join / Fly our Great VA • for Northwestern USA • Over 350 Routes

Northlink Virtual Airlineshttp://www.northlinkva.com/welcome-asft.html

Routes Served: Alaska / Horizon • Westjet • Northern Air Cargo • ERA Aviation • Skywest • Polar Air Cargo

NLink-AD MASTR-320x91.jpg

I have been waiting for this airport for a long time, and it looks great. However, the fact that FS9 is only going to be available at an additional cost is really making me reconsider this purchase. I know that AS and SW sceneries are worth the cost, but this is something I am not use to seeing from either company. If this product was coming from a designer of lesser quality, I would expect that, but this one is really disappointing. I know I will end up buying it, but I dont know when or which one.

Either way, Thank you for making the scenery!

An additional charge for FS9 is indeed a shift in distributing the software. However, the development of the FS9 version costs in addition to the FSX version, so is it that unreasonable?

Aerosoft has been tending towards FSX in the main, and perhaps as it should, given the market and potential portability to MS Flight or alternatives.

I have both FSX and FS9 installed on my system at the moment, and the latter as a novelty. Surprisingly, FS9 performs worse than FSX (albeit I have good FSX performance).

Chris

For all the time and money spent on this project, I'm really surprised people complain about the cost. How many companies are even doing FS9 anymore? Anything produced for it should be welcomed and the community should do all they can to support that company! I'm pretty sure Thorston traveled to Alaska for his airport resorces, so support him and buy all of his products!

I'm downloading this monster as I type as I've been waiting for months!

Very excited!!

I understand the cost that SimWings had during this process, and the additional time that it will take to port the FSX to FS9, and then make all the modifications that are required. I think that this concept just surprises coming from these 2 companies that have not done this in the past. I will buy this scenery without a doubt. Again, I am just surprised in this move. This is the type of pricing I would expect from BP or Ima***Sim; just as I would not expect FT or FSDT to do something like this (and yes, I think of SW and AS in the same quality). I am willing to pay $35(USD) for a scenery package; but I have never come across a scenery package that is worth $45 (USD), or maybe a small few.

• Developer

Hi Jonathan,

let me try to explain, where the differences are and why the handling of FSX/FS9 Versions can't be compared for all projects:

When you have a "normal" Airport, where the project more or less only handles the area of the airport within his bonderies, it is a relative easy process to convert the FSX down to FS9, the photoground is in parts code compatible, to convert the 3D objects the most designer just change the exportmodule of the 3D Desgientool and export the Objects again and recompile the code for FS9.

For a complex FSX optimized 3D Code, like we have it in AnchorageX this method is not really helpful, because when you only reexport the code for FS9 it will result in a very complex (much polies) code for FS9, which is not optimize for the needs of the FS9 engine. The most given reason to still use FS9 is performance and hardware. When you now use complex data, which are optimized for FSX (he can handle complex object different and better as FS9), then the FS9 will be not able to handle this code with a good performance. To give the FS9 user the same good performance, you need to optimize the code for FS9, which cost more time then just convert it.

But, that is not the primary reason for the special condition in AnchorageX. The primary time consuming part is the surrounding. This project does not only address the Airportarea of PANC, it includes much more, has a photoreal Landclassground for the complet area around the airport. We have a costline around the airport, handplaced autogen for Buildings and trees all around. This part can't be easy converted to FS9, the code is total different and there are no tools to transfer the data from FSX to FS9.

When you have the goal to give the FS9 users the same look and feel of the product (within the limits of the FS9), then you have to redo all this parts for FS9 again. And, the FS9 is limited in his landclass codes, so that you have to replace the costlines for example in a very large area, not just within the border of the project like in FSX. Or, the Landclassphotoground is not able to be blend in by transparency to the default landclasses around, you must "paint" this blending it the BMP's otherwise you have very hard edges, which looks not so nice in FS9.

All this parts makes the convert to FS9 special in the case of Anchorage X, because it is not the goal of Thorsten (simwings) to limit the FS9 Version within the airport fences only.

This all in mind will show, that the convert process to get the project in both FS Version in the same comlex form, is total different as in the most other airport projects.

Normally, when the convert to FS9 is more or less easy, the project will be calculate this into the price and so the Airport will cost 29.95€ instead if 24.95€, then everybody pays both version, even when he don't use the other FS. To transfer this to the special situation in Anchorage X will increase the prices so much, that it will not be acceptable for all single FS users. So it is only fair to use a different handling here, where all single FS Users only pay for the version they need and use, and those who want's both, need to pay the the additational fee, needed to make it possible, that both version are available.

Nobody knows today, how big the FS9 user base really is. The "Feeling" says: yes it make sence to invest so much time to transfer the code to FS9. But, this project will show the developer, if this feeling is still true, or if products like the new PMDG NGX has increase the attractiveness of FSX so much, that the invest of time to support FS9 in future has not anymore the needed commercial feedback.

• Upvote 1

Hmmm, I really can't understand this discussions about pricing for a additional FS9-versions. Who the heck will use both versions (FS9 and FSX) at the same time (except developers for ...ehm...developing)? Either you fly FSX or FS9. If you're a rare individuum that flies in both Sims (why ever), you'll pay just only 50% for the other version. That's fair. Why? The developing for the FS9-"downgrade" needs a lot of additional time, maybe some weeks or more, due to the special position of this airport (and Thorsten will not make a simple conversion from FSX down to FS9 like FSDT) (edit: see Olivers post above). Would somebody make such work for free? The better idea in my opinion is to let the FS9 version beside and let Thorsten immediately begin with the developement of the next airport. Why I never read protests about ORBX philosophy? They sell really small grass-airports (for FSX only!) for a price of a Mega-Airport. THAT's really great, isn't it?

• Aerosoft

I have been waiting for this airport for a long time, and it looks great. However, the fact that FS9 is only going to be available at an additional cost is really making me reconsider this purchase. I know that AS and SW sceneries are worth the cost, but this is something I am not use to seeing from either company. If this product was coming from a designer of lesser quality, I would expect that, but this one is really disappointing. I know I will end up buying it, but I dont know when or which one.

Either way, Thank you for making the scenery!

I have already commented on this.

In the current market making a FS2004 scenery from a project that's started as a FSX project is simply not commercially viable. The developers will simply loose money on it as the amount of sales are not enough to pay for the development. So for some project the only way to make a FS2004 version is to charge money for it. Calling the FS2004 a simply downgrade is absolutely incorrect. For a project like Anchorage it is a big job to make an 'up to date' FS2004 version (Oliver explained this in some detail). But you can be sure that as the amount of FS2004 customers goes down it will be harder and harder to make FS2004 versions of projects without additional costs.It is just not right to ask FSX customers to pay for work they will never use.

Now keep in mind that for most users this is NOT an issue. Most simply buy the FSX version, others will buy the FS2004 version. A very small amount of people will want both versions and for those we got a 50% discount. I think that is more then fair.

I'll pay whatever it needs to keep FS2004 products alive. For myself, as a comprehensive FS2004 user with tons of addons, there is no practical reason to shift to FSX with MF within 12-15 months probable release timeframe. It's not a question of either money or hardware, it's a question of combined efforts to shift to FSX vs."new horizons of hobby that FSX brings". As we all know, FSX has very few "new" horizons. Yes, PMDG NGX will force many to migrate, but it's still not enough.

Very nice scenery. I understand that there's night textures but how about seasonal textures. It looks like it either sping or summer there. Are there winter textures?

Bill M

• Aerosoft

I'll pay whatever it needs to keep FS2004 products alive. For myself, as a comprehensive FS2004 user with tons of addons, there is no practical reason to shift to FSX with MF within 12-15 months probable release timeframe. It's not a question of either money or hardware, it's a question of combined efforts to shift to FSX vs."new horizons of hobby that FSX brings". As we all know, FSX has very few "new" horizons. Yes, PMDG NGX will force many to migrate, but it's still not enough.

Well you will pay exactly the same as FSX customers! You will not get the same as FS2004 just is not able to show some of the things (like the high detail ground textures) but I am sure it will be very close.

And you are right, it is aircraft. not scenery that moves people to the new sim. In the last 18 months there has hardly been a single FS2004 aircraft that made any impact. Now in small airports FSX can not be beaten but big airports like Anchorage are still very comparable in FS2004.

• Developer

Very nice scenery. I understand that there's night textures but how about seasonal textures. It looks like it either sping or summer there. Are there winter textures?

Bill M

Yes, full winter Textures, check the Screenshot at the productpage: here

OPabst and Mathijs,

Thank you for the explanation of why this product is different than the other sceneries that have been done in the past. I have a complete understanding of why this scenery is this way.

I am one of the few then that still uses FS9 and FSX. I use FS9 for my long haul flights, and FSX for my VFR and short haul flights. With that said, I think that is why I was surprised about this setup. Since you have so nicely explained everything to me, I will have no issues buying both, and say thank you for the 50% discount!

Again, Thank you for the explanation.

Hi.... Its Still a Learning Curve.....Grins.....

Especially the Tweeks...to Run Correctly....

1> Any Help in Fine Tuning.... Would be Appriciated....

2> A Detailed Description of Parking Assignments & Location....Would be VERY Helpful.... :dumb_me_s:

We at NorthLink Virtual ...run Polar Air Cargo... which parks at DHL in North Cargo...Area...

Found N-7 ...and N5-7...in front of DHL...but Can Not Find Parking Assignment for Cargo Spot

in front of N-7 ...

Also ...is there Assignments for in/at Northern Air Cargo.....??? ...

3> You say to Turn of Ramp Settings in PDF ( pg-32) ....???? Do Not see a Ramp Setting....FSX...Settings

" Switch the FSX ramp traffic off in order to avoid overlapping. This will also increase the speed."

4> Is there a way to increase AI...Traffic for a specific Airline....ie: Polar Air, Northern Air....In the PANC Traffic...Tool...??

When I click on the Tool in Menu - Bar in Win 7 x(64) --- FSX - x(32)...It Dose Nothing.... Is there Instruction for the Tool...???

THANX in Advance - Chris

NLink-AD MASTR-320x91.jpg

Northlink Virtual Airlineshttp://www.northlinkva.com/welcome-asft.html

Routes Served: Alaska / Horizon • Westjet • Northern Air Cargo • ERA Aviation • Skywest • Polar Air Cargo

Have the Following O/S Configuration....

Also Running Ultimate X - Alaska

Mainboard : MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD 760GM -E51 (MS-7596)

Chipset : AMD 780

Processor : AMD Athlon II X4 640 @ 3000MHz

Physical Memory : 16384MB (4 x 4096 DDR3-SDRAM )

Video Card : ATI Radeon HD 5670

Hard Disk : Seagate ST3200822A ATA Device (200GB)

Hard Disk : Seagate ST3500413AS ATA Device (500GB)

Hard Disk : Seagate FA GoFlex Desk (2000GB)

DVD-Rom Drive : LITE-ON DVD D LH-16D1P

DVD-Rom Drive : HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS40

Monitor Type : LG Electronics W2040 - 20 inches

Monitor Type : Unspecified

Network Card : Realtek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Adapter

Operating System : Windows 7 Professional Professional Media Center 6.01.7601 Service Pack 1 (64-bit)

DirectX : Version 11.00

Windows Performance Index : 5.9 on 7.9

*** Video Card Specs: *****

General Information :

Manufacturer : ATI Technologies

Model : ATI Radeon HD 5670

Bus Type : PCI-Express

Texture Memory : 746MB

Processor : ATI display adapter (0x68D8)

Converter : Internal DAC(400MHz)

Refresh Rate (min/max) : 56/75 Hz

GPU Information :

Number of GPU : 1

Processor : Evergreen

PCI Express : @ x16 (max. x16)

Mobile : No

HD Support : Yes

Bus : 128-bit

Memory Type : 1024MB SDRAM

Mode ECC : Yes - Unspecified

GPU Frequency : 157MHz - [initial : 775MHz]

Memory Frequency GPU : 300MHz - [initial : 1000MHz]

Voltage : 1.10V

DirectX Support : 11.0

Pixel Shader Version : 5.0

Supported Frequencies :

GPU Frequency : 80MHz min. - 900MHz max.

Memory Frequency : 150MHz min. - 1200MHz max.

Supported Voltage : 0.90V min. - 1.10V max.

GPU Configuration :

Technology CrossFire : No

ATI Eyefinity : No

Number of monitor Eyefinity S... 1

Video Bios Information :

Date : 12/13/09

ID : 113-AC38300-100

Bios PartNumber : 113-AC38300-100

Bios Version : 012.017.000.004

Have Tried to Tweek using the Set Affinity Properties to Run on Cores 3 & 4 Only ....

With it Set to Run Above Normal.... in the Taskmgr....fsx.exe Properties...

Seems to Crash... I re- Moved the BR2_PANC.bgl ...or ReNamed to OFF...in MyTaffic Folder

Do not Find any other PANC....bgl....files other than the one in Anchorage X

I also try to use iObit ....Game Booster-(Pd for).... It seems to work ...OK..