Illegal serial numbers

Emi

Hello,

A friend of mine who has quitted flightsim a few weeks ago gave me 6 or 7 serialnumbers for AES which he said he didn't use.

The first 2 worked the way they should, but when entering the 3rd number I was really surprised.

When entering the number in AES it said that it wasn't legal and that I should buy legal numbers.

Also it said that "AES is software and as such it could do some things I don't know of". At first I didn't beleave this (Because I can't think of something which it could legally destroy), but now my flightsim always crashes after some time.

Also the aircrafts are doing strange things when flying with the autopilot.

Those things happed only after approaching or departing an AES airport and so I remembered the thing with the illegal serials.

Of causeI would have not entered those serials if i knew they weren't legal.

Oliver, can you tell me if AES is really the cause of my problems? And if yes, could you tell me how to get the software to work normally again?

In the end, let me apologise for entering those numbers. As said, I did it because I thought they were legal ones.

Regards

Emi

• Developer

First, when your friend gave you Serials, you are not the license holder and so you use the Serials illegal. Only the person who buy the serial has the license to use this serials. And I am afraid, your "friend" was not even the legal license holder of them.

But, you may have now problems with activation in AES, but all the rest will have reasons not AES related.

But I will give you a tip: Contact the support via email (support@aerosoft.com) and explain them your "friend problem", otherwise it could happen that you will lost your serials too.

Sharing Serials is illegal in every form and will end in blocking of them!

• Upvote 1