Is it possible to edit the VC panel to swap a modified GPS gauge?

SWA4420

Hi - I just bought this great plane a few days ago and am having a blast flying it!

I was wondering if it's possible to edit the panel manually to swap out the default FS9 gps gauge with a modified version of that same gauge? I found a really cool modification that I would love to substitute for it (here: http://kronzky.info/fs/500wx/

AVSIM discussion thread here: http://forum.avsim.n...ult-garmin-500/ ).

(This is, of course, not the same as the RealityXP gauge that has the built in "change to" in your config application).

I've already added it as a pop-up window, but would also like to have it in the actual VC panel....any possibility?

Thanks for a GREAT GA aircraft....the best I've flown in the sim world!

Jim

My initial response is yes it's possible, sort of. I have a modified "default" GPS, not as nice as the one you link to, but it does show a 3D terrain mesh with traffic on the screen, instead of the default 2D one. The Katana uses the default "insides" I believe, and it's only the outer bezel that has been modified. So if you can get THAT background into your default GPS, then it will show in the Katana.

I haven't got a clue personally, but I do know where you can get a modified default GPS like the one I have. If you go to the OZX forums http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/1552-adjusted-default-fsx-gps-gauge/ You can see what mine looks like, and what features it now has. As the Katana uses the internals of the default GPS, the terrain part of the GPS is what I see in my Katana, and the Katana has NOT been edited in any way. Any aircraft/Helicopter that uses the DEFAULT GPS will look the same okay.

I hope Aerosoft doesn't have a problem with me posting a link to a DEFAULT FSX edit?

Thanks, Togerclaw. That's a nicer version of the default GPS, but I'd really like to find a way to put the one I'm using as a popup directly into the panel....

give me a bit of ti.e and i will check it out for you

• 3 weeks later...

It should work: I installed the gauge in the default FSX gauges folder and edited the following line in the panel.cfg of the Katana:

gauge46=KRON_fs9gps!gps_500wx,      	1244,   12,  790, 742

As far as I have seen the display and all the buttons work.

It should work: I installed the gauge in the default FSX gauges folder and edited the following line in the panel.cfg of the Katana:

gauge46=KRON_fs9gps!gps_500wx,      	1244,   12,  790, 742

As far as I have seen the display and all the buttons work.

Thank You, Marcel! Such an easy fix...can't believe I didn't see that gps gauge line in the panel.cfg file (duh!)

• 1 month later...