MDA & DH Setting

kaluleomorir

Hallo!

Thanks again for this beautifull plane. Configuring the MCDU for the approach fase and reading the approach plate, just wanted to know if MDA (for Non precision approach) or DH (for precision approach) are referred to radioaltimeter or barometric altitud. The competition has a knob in which you can set which altitud is referring at.

Thanks.

Hallo!

Thanks again for this beautifull plane. Configuring the MCDU for the approach fase and reading the approach plate, just wanted to know if MDA (for Non precision approach) or DH (for precision approach) are referred to radioaltimeter or barometric altitud. The competition has a knob in which you can set which altitud is referring at.

Thanks.

Everything that you need to know about flying and operating this plane is in the manuals, please consult these. Also remember that this product is for intermediate users.

Thanks for your fast repply. I have to admit I've read all the manuals included and did not found what I'm concerning at. Indeed this is an intermediat user plane, but I'm interested in knowing if the real A/C the DH & MDA is referred to radioaltimeter altitud.....

This concern is about Airbus rather than airbusX.

Thanks for your fast repply. I have to admit I've read all the manuals included and did not found what I'm concerning at. Indeed this is an intermediat user plane, but I'm interested in knowing if the real A/C the DH & MDA is referred to radioaltimeter altitud.....

This concern is about Airbus rather than airbusX.

Did you try Wiki or searching Google for help on this, its a great source for this kind of information :)

Actually I did:

"The barometric-altimeter MDA or the radio-altimeter DH should be set in line with Airbus’ SOPs or company’s SOPs."

So, If we are planning a Non precision approach => SET MDA with barometric Altitude

if we are planning a Precision approach => set DH with Radioaltimeter altitude.

Also callaouts came from radioaltimeter, same as GPWS terrain aletrs

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

The DH (in the newests airbus this field is BARO, instead of DH) field is used to set only the CAT II or CAT III minimums. The MDA field is used to set CAT I or VOR/NDB minimums.

thanks.

• Upvote 2