Weird clicking in cockpit when engine running

toby23

What could be the cause of the clicking noise, similar to a misfiring spark plug, that I am hearing when the engine is running.

It actually fades out as the engine RPM increases, so I guess it's intentional but what is it?

I am flying in Realistic mode and have carried out a service and inspection but to no avail.

Thanks,

Toby

If the clicking is the fuel pump, then that's news to me.

It didn't happen before and yes, I was switching it on at the right time.

I thought it had more of a hum than a click?

How many hours you got in Rotax engined Katanas? We also had quite a topic about the noise of the pump which is a very LOUD buzz-cum-hum in the real thing. If it isn't that, then without system specs it's very hard to know whether it's a sim, product or generic sound card issue?

• 2 weeks later...

I also have the same issue. Its not the electric fuel pump as it occurs when the pump is off

David

...without system specs it's very hard to know whether it's a sim, product or generic sound card issue?

...without system specs it's very hard to know whether it's a sim, product or generic sound card issue?

I wrote it twice as you obviously missed it the first time.

After checking the sound folder and it could be SOUND_SWITCH_FUEL_PUMP.wav getting stuck in a loop.

As David mentioned, it happens with the fuel pump off, so perhaps that's something for you guys to investigate for the next patch?

It's not a hardware issue if a sound from the sound folder is being played in a loop.

Toby

Selecting parked as an initial state when the aircraft has first loaded up has fixed the issue for me. Suggest you try it. Also it might be sound effects that come with some scenery eg orbx.

All the best

David

After checking the sound folder and it could be SOUND_SWITCH_FUEL_PUMP.wav getting stuck in a loop.

As David mentioned, it happens with the fuel pump off, so perhaps that's something for you guys to investigate for the next patch?

It's not a hardware issue if a sound from the sound folder is being played in a loop.

Toby

Yes, it is, if it happens with your hardware and not others. But as there appears to be a total absence of focus on supplying information for a troubleshoot, I really don't think anyone cares...

Still, least there is a solution.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Did you change something in 1.02 and 1.03, Marcel? I don't get any click noises on low rpm since updating, I only had that with 1.0 + beta patch.

Did you change something in 1.02 and 1.03, Marcel? I don't get any click noises on low rpm since updating, I only had that with 1.0 + beta patch.

No changes from my side, but I am happy if it ok for you now... :)

Surprising, but, as you've correctly pointed out, if it works it's fine. :)

Thanks for your answer. I'm still searching that hidden new feature by the way.

Now the funny thing is that I've tested some weather settings yesterday, so I've accessed the menus a lot while the Katana was parked. Later, I got the click sound at low rpm again. It isn't related to any switch setting and I also couldn't read abnormal temps.

But on the normal startup and flying, the 1.02 and 1.03 release don't show it, no matter what. 1.0 + beta patch had the issue there.

I don't think that this post is of any help though. :mellow:

• 1 month later...

Sounds like the engine sound in idle mode is not looped correctly... - I also hear the soft klicking when the Katana engine (version 1.03) is running idle, no matter whether the fuel pump is on or off. It really sounds as if the end- or starting point of the soundclip is not a Zero value.

My sound hardware is a Realtek chipset... - nothing exciting nor ultra-fast but otherwise very reliable...

Same problem here, only at idle, regardless of fuel pump etc. Sounds like a sound loop bug, the loop is 2 seconds long with a click inbetween repeats. I have SB X-Fi.

No idea if I had this before 1.03, I just put the patch on and thought I would give the aircraft a dusting down.

• 4 months later...