My Alternative to Aerosoft PFD & ND v0.4

Joshua Che.

post-27228-0-42068300-1314690808_thumb.p

Introduction:

I did not like the Displays in the Airbus X. Hence, I started this mini project and now is ready for public beta.

I have picked up from my computer a old font and modified it.

Only Font modifications though.

This modification is in no way related to aerosoft and its for your own personal use.

WARNINGS:

BACKUP FIRST

FSX MUST BE CLOSED WHEN INSTALLING

Restart After Font Installation

Installation:

Run the appropriate .exe patcher that will patch your files. There are five patchers.

Install the font patcher first.

Recommend to install one patcher first and test out then apply all.

LATEST VERSION: V0.4

DOWNLOAD:

Direct from Aerosoft:

http://forum.aerosof...erosoft-pfd-nd/

Mirror:

http://dl.dropbox.co...ODEBETAv0.4.zip

CHANGELOG:

v0.4-

Public Beta Release

Upcoming Versions (to be implemented)

- Any sugestions for Displays only?

Screenshots:

post-27228-0-29069000-1314688996_thumb.p

LEGAL STUFF

This mod is released as FREEWARE. You may use and modify it in any way you wish, but

you may NOT use it in any kind of money-making endeavor, and you may NOT publicly

distribute any copies of it , whether modified or not, without my permission.

Regards,

Joshua Che

• Upvote 3

Hey Joshua, does this already include "full" first officers displays?

if you mean the copilot side of the displays have all the captain PFD features like (high refresh rate, full indicators)? No. However, It can be done easily i think but It will decrease FPS greatly.

If you mean the copilot side of the displays have the new fonts yes.

Regards,

Joshua Che.

HeyJoshua,

first thank you very much for your work. After enjoing your FBW I wanted to install also your fonts for the glass screens. Unfortunately it was not possible. The font is existing after install in windows/fonts. When I open for example ND.xml I find the font "glass gauge" inside the code. But when i load AirbusX nearly all text in ND is missing. I operate Win7 64bit, German version. All installs were made as administrator. Maybe you can give me a hint what to do.

By the way, somebody asked you to stop the engines accelerating to full thrust during startup. I found out that they do not when starting with fsx automatic engine startup button but then the cabin temperature falls into minus degrees during flight. Maybe that can give you an idea for any workaround.

Again thank you very much for making this beautiful product more enjoyable.

Holger

HeyJoshua, first thank you very much for your work. After enjoing your FBW I wanted to install also your fonts for the glass screens. Unfortunately it was not possible. The font is existing after install in windows/fonts. When I open for example ND.xml I find the font "glass gauge" inside the code. But when i load AirbusX nearly all text in ND is missing. I operate Win7 64bit, German version. All installs were made as administrator. Maybe you can give me a hint what to do. By the way, somebody asked you to stop the engines accelerating to full thrust during startup. I found out that they do not when starting with fsx automatic engine startup button but then the cabin temperature falls into minus degrees during flight. Maybe that can give you an idea for any workaround. Again thank you very much for making this beautiful product more enjoyable. Holger

The font installer open windows/fonts so that windows will recognize a new font is installed. This is a very crude way of installing but still... it works.

Has your PFD font changed? The ND font there are some font that i kept the default for visibilty reasons. A picture of your displays now would be good.

Regards,

Joshua Che.

• 8 months later...

Are you still doing this project? I got a suggestion. What about making displays black (background) like in a real Airbus? (all videos of airbus cockpits i have seen have a black background in displays)

Is this possible, or are im wrong about that they have black displays?

For me the background of displays looks more like blue.

• 1 month later...

when I run the patch exe, where I have to put files to save (overwrite) ?

is that correct for cfm a320?

C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\Panel\Displays

when I run the patch exe, where I have to put files to save (overwrite) ?

is that correct for cfm a320?

C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\Panel\Displays

Should be correct. Depends whether your windows is x86 or x64.

Are you still doing this project? I got a suggestion. What about making displays black (background) like in a real Airbus? (all videos of airbus cockpits i have seen have a black background in displays)

Is this possible, or are im wrong about that they have black displays?

For me the background of displays looks more like blue.

Is it possible to do this, black displays would be much nicer than blues, because for me those screens are blue.