FSUIPC parameters

Rob-CH

Hello,

After a number of (very time consuming) iterations in FSX (on Win 7 Ultimate 64) with the Katana 4x (1.02) and FSUIPC (latest version), I have come to the point that I reverted back to the FSX controls settings for my CH Pedals and CH Yoke. I found that, even after completely re-installing FSX (on a separate partition), FSUIPC, Aerosoft launcher and the Aerosoft Katana 4x, the settings control of the Katana is not as accessible and predictable as I hoped it to be. Since I would like to maximise the use of the plane in an as realistic as possible mode, I would prefer to use FSUIPC functions instead of the standard FSX. In addition, I would like to maximise the use of the Yoke (axis’ + buttons) + eventually other quadrants and panels. Interestingly: All Katana FSUIPC and/or FSX direct control settings work with all other installed FSX aircraft, but not (always) on the Katana.

Examples of issues whilst programming axis and buttons on the Yoke:

• I tried the flaps on the CM1/B2 (See attached: CH prod Yoke) via FSUIPC with and without detentes/increments, which worked for all other planes except for all variations of the Katana. The flap switch makes a brief move, but then comes back within a fraction of a second to it’s starting point with a brief noise.
  • Fuel pump: no effect, be it set in FSX directly or in FSUIPC. Tried both the FS control with FSUIPC and FSX controls in the pull-down as the key-press option.
  • Same for carb heat
  • etc...

I found, after installing Katana 1.02, that only the ‘simple’ mode behaves somewhat ok with most axis controls when excluded FSX. For example: All axis, incl A3, A4 and A5 behave ok. (A3: Throttle, A4: Prop pitch and A5: Flaps). When I switch to realistic however, A5 stops functioning for flaps.

On the forums, I found some info like attached on the trim settings with correct parameters. Is that info available for all (Katana) controls somewhere? I doubt that I would be able to figure out the correct settings myself, and the result would probably be suboptimal...

It is great that Aerosoft provides advanced functionality beyond the FSX standard, but without having access to correct parameter settings in FSUIPC, this has become a bit of a disappointment for me.

When using the 4x DA20 controls as per attached (Pull down menu), all other FSX planes respond correctly but not the Katana... In addition: as can be seen, the controls often look like duplicates. It would be very helpful if they had a number /unique ID and some explanation in the Katana manual. With that brief explanation, correct FSUIPC parameter settings (like attached) per control would be extremely helpful. Could that be provided?

Your support is much appreciated.

BR

Robert

post-46370-0-79294600-1314684048_thumb.j

post-46370-0-96299000-1314684220_thumb.j

post-46370-0-15013700-1314684230_thumb.j

post-46370-0-65235600-1314684300_thumb.j

just a quick reply...

if you edit the Katana 4x........MCRO file, you can change certain lines (functions to the job with only one button)

like..

strobe light="SET" -> change this to "TOGGLE" -> and now you can use it with the ordinary "O" key (after you programmed it;)

or

you can leave the "carb heat = SET" lines... and you can program this function by - press H param: 100 -> carb heat pull; -press J +param: 0 -> carb heat push back

same for choke

the strobe, nav, taxi, landing, or maybe fuel valve -> these are working fine with the "=TOGGLE" modifier (altered from =SET)

Thanks Pollux. The MCRO change + TGL setting I got and works ;-)

The suggestion below for the pull and press controlls I did not get.

you can leave the "carb heat = SET" lines... and you can program this function by - press H param: 100 -> carb heat pull; -press J +param: 0 -> carb heat push back

same for choke

In FSUIPC, I seem to be unable to set key and parameter for a single button. Could you plse send a screendump on where-what to change? That would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Robert

Thanks Pollux. The MCRO change + TGL setting I got and works ;-)

The suggestion below for the pull and press controlls I did not get.

In FSUIPC, I seem to be unable to set key and parameter for a single button. Could you plse send a screendump on where-what to change? That would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Robert

you can't alter the choke and the carb heat to TGL... but!

you can use two key for the pulled and the pushed state... -> define the "key" or button then in the "parameter" box type in "100"values to -> pull -> OK, then another key for the pushed state -> but this time parameter will be "0"

that's all...

Thanks Pollux...but I was actually looking for a single button (toggle) parameter instead. Just to re-state the requirement:

It is great that Aerosoft provides advanced functionality beyond the FSX standard, but without having access to correct parameter settings in FSUIPC, this has become a bit of a disappointment for me.

When using the 4x DA20 controls as per attached (Pull down menu), all other FSX planes respond correctly but not the Katana... In addition: as can be seen, the controls often look like duplicates. It would be very helpful if they had a number /unique ID and some explanation in the Katana manual. With that brief explanation, correct FSUIPC parameter settings (like attached) per control would be extremely helpful. Could that be provided?

Somehow, the toggle functions like carb heat, choke, parking brake etc can be set with a single button on all other planes in FSX...but not on the Katana. In addition: I know there are parameters available for each function, and would like to have a list explaining these. (See the attached example on the trim in my original posting.)

Normally speaking, I would expect this to part of the manual... Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Robert

well it is always difficuld, as how the things should be set depends on what you want to use for the given thing. About including some info in the manual well then it would be a long manual + how to edit the things to how you like it to work is in the manual for FSUIPC.

And i agree that it can be hard to se what some of them is for as some of the names is to long so it cant be displayed 100%, and then could be harder to indentify what it is for.

And yes LINDA might work but only for the supported hardware whit the lua files, els you have to rework the lua file to work whit another structur.

Followed LINDA by the book, and seem to be ok in LINDA when programming the CH Product Yoke. Once I startup FSX with the Katana 4x, with LINDA tracer activated, I see that LINDA registers the buttons but no response in the Katana. Tracer shows that every click is being queued, but no events visible in the LINDA console tracer...

I then tried to change the configs between FSUIPC, LINDA and FSX, but had to roll back in the end.

Unless somebody can share the right FSUIPC parameters, I think I will move on to another aircraft... :eyepop_s:

well i just downloaded the latest version to keep updated and yes i also have problems whit it not doeing anything whit some of the macro, I would have a look at it and see if i can fix it but no promiss. but i cant say anything about if it works whit LINDA

Well here is a shorter version for the MACRO file, it is the same as before, the difference is that there is only 1 name for each funktion so you have to use parameters but thats easy for buttons, as if you like it as it was 0 is off and 1 is on.

Note for trim switch it is parameter 1 and 2 you should use as 0 isent in use.

flaps (LEVER) you should use 0, 1 and 2 as 0 is up 1 is middle 2 is fully down. and the rest of the leavers is 0 or 100.

But if you like it as on and off for the SWITCHES rename them from SET to TOG and dont set parameter then it works AS on/off but only the switches.

I see a problem whit the starter L:KEY_STARTER=SET as it use parameter 0 1 2 3 4 5 so you cant use TOG if you just liked a start and stop button but a lua file could mabee fix it.

or the default keys works.

about brakes the default brake keys from FSX and FSUIPC works no need to use the macro as thats for a leaver. So try the default keys as well as they seems to work as well it is more flaps and som of the othere specific stuff from the option menu you select from if you like it throu FSUIPC that needs to run whit the macro file to work as real as posible.

[Macros]

1=L:THROTTLE_LEVER.1=SET

2=L:LEVER_PROPELLER_PITCH=SET

3=L:LEVER_PARKING_BRAKE=SET

4=L:LEVER_CARB_HEAT=SET

5=L:LEVER_CHOKE=SET

6=L:LEVER_CABIN_HEAT=SET

7=L:LEVER_FLAPS_POSITION=SET

8=L:VALVE_FUEL=SET

9=L:CIRCUIT_BREAKER_GPS=SET

10=L:KEY_STARTER=SET

11=L:SWITCH_BATTERY=SET

12=L:SWITCH_GENERATOR=SET

13=L:SWITCH_FUEL_PUMP=SET

14=L:SWITCH_STROBE=SET

15=L:SWITCH_LANDING_LIGHT=SET

16=L:SWITCH_TAXI_LIGHT=SET

17=L:SWITCH_POSITION_LIGHT=SET

18=L:SWITCH_AVIONICS=SET

19=L:SWITCH_INSTRUMENT_LIGHTING=SET

20=L:SWITCH_MAP_LIGHT=SET

21=L:SWITCH_ELEVATOR_TRIM=SET

22=L:SWITCH_DIMM=SET

23=L:CIRCUIT_BREAKER_BATTERY=SET

24=L:CIRCUIT_BREAKER_GENERATOR=SET

25=L:CIRCUIT_BREAKER_GENERATOR_MASTER=SET

26=L:CIRCUIT_BREAKER_DIRECTIONAL_GYRO=SET

27=L:CIRCUIT_BREAKER_TURN_COORDINATOR=SET

28=L:CIRCUIT_BREAKER_HORIZON=SET

29=L:CIRCUIT_BREAKER_OIL_PRESS=SET

30=L:CIRCUIT_BREAKER_FUEL_PUMP=SET

31=L:CIRCUIT_BREAKER_OIL_TEMP=SET

32=L:CIRCUIT_BREAKER_LANDING_LIGHT=SET

33=L:CIRCUIT_BREAKER_TAXI_LIGHT=SET

34=L:CIRCUIT_BREAKER_CABIN_LIGHT=SET

35=L:CIRCUIT_BREAKER_POSITION_LIGHT=SET

36=L:CIRCUIT_BREAKER_STROBE_LIGHT=SET

37=L:CIRCUIT_BREAKER_STARTER=SET

38=L:CIRCUIT_BREAKER_COM_NAV=SET

39=L:CIRCUIT_BREAKER_TRANSPONDER=SET

40=L:CIRCUIT_BREAKER_INTERCOM=SET

41=L:CIRCUIT_BREAKER_AVIONICS=SET

42=L:CIRCUIT_BREAKER_AVIONICS_RELAIS=SET

43=L:CIRCUIT_BREAKER_FLAPS=SET

44=L:CIRCUIT_BREAKER_TRIM=SET

Cheers all for the feedback. However, this has not led to the required parameter specifications and I decided to remove the Katana from my system...

From my perspective, the Katana would be (even) better sold with parameter suggestions for FSUIPC / LINDA usage. Having to engineer them, whilst being dependent on them for proper operation of the Katana has proven to be a wasted effort on my end.

:mallet_s:

Well it is hard to give some info like offsets when they isent there. and why the Lvars was provided in the macro file. As i dont think there is any easy way as you have to tell FSUIPC when you want it to set flaps to position 0,1 and 2 as using an axis range if posible would be easy as it depends on your hardware as it is different from manufacture. if it was a switch whit 3 posisions like inside the plan there is no problem as then the macro file is enough by simply set up posision to parameter 0 and middle to 1 and down to 2.... as i tryeid the macro axis but could get it work 100% but made 2 new lua files.

The new lua files that could be use to set flaps if you just want to use 2 buttons 1 for increase and 1 for decrease. and they should be set like the rest of the buttons as macro.

In the last exsample i use same files to an axis as you wanted. set it up like on the picture, and if set right it would work.

Note the enginstart lua was included in the download.

enginstart+flaps.zip

post-32482-0-50465900-1316345566_thumb.j

Unless somebody can share the right FSUIPC parameters, I think I will move on to another aircraft... :eyepop_s:

As the Katana features quite complex systems outside of FSX limitations, you can of course only use the 4X parameters in most cases. For example the Flap Lever can be switched to simple mode and be operated with normal FSX or FSUIPC bindings.

I added support for button* actions into the system for these controls:

Fuel Pump Switch

Strobe Light Switch

Landing Light Switch

Taxi Light Switch

Position Light Switch

Avionics Switch

Generator Switch

Battery Switch

Fuel Valve

Flap Switch Up

Flap Switch Down

Starter Key Left (key will automatically be put into the lock)

Starter Key Right (key will automatically be put into the lock)

* that means, that the controls will be flipped with only one click on a button

additionally there are two levers that can be toggled full forward/back with a button:

Carb Heat

Choke

This feature will be available with the next patch.

Guys, if you have any problems to run LINDA and/or the Katana with it, please feel free to ask in the LINDA forum.

I do not know an easier way to assign and fiddel around with LUAs ...

LINDA has, as mentioned above, a module for the Katana ...

But to be honest I haven't installed and tested the Katana after the Katana Update; but I think there are no major changes.

So, if you have problems, please ask in the forum

Guys, if you have any problems to run LINDA and/or the Katana with it, please feel free to ask in the LINDA forum.

I do not know an easier way to assign and fiddel around with LUAs ...

LINDA has, as mentioned above, a module for the Katana ...

But to be honest I haven't installed and tested the Katana after the Katana Update; but I think there are no major changes.

So, if you have problems, please ask in the forum

Thanks for the hint!

In fact the new functions work within the Katana systems so you do not only need the FSUIPC commands, you need the new Katana files too. :)