Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals Problem

BETA-1969

I have bought the Saitek pro flight combat rudder pedals and also a radio but there is a problem with the rudder: In FSX I went to the Axis section and applied diff. brakes to left and right toe tip. But when in game I push in the pedal the brakes stay on if I release my foot from the pedal. Only when I press the parking brake the diff brakes are released. Is there a solution for this problem?? I have looked at the profile editor from Saitek but I can't make much out of that.

I have also posted this problem at A2A simulations Piper Cub

Does the F-16 Require rudder input or is everything done with the stick??

I have bought the Saitek pro flight combat rudder pedals and also a radio but there is a problem with the rudder: In FSX I went to the Axis section and applied diff. brakes to left and right toe tip. But when in game I push in the pedal the brakes stay on if I release my foot from the pedal. Only when I press the parking brake the diff brakes are released. Is there a solution for this problem?? I have looked at the profile editor from Saitek but I can't make much out of that.

I have also posted this problem at A2A simulations Piper Cub

Does the F-16 Require rudder input or is everything done with the stick??

Sounds to me as if its acting as the parking brake rather than just a brake.

I've looked through this forum and cant find any similar issues.

Have you tried getting support of the makers of the hardware or checked any support forums they may have..

Have you tried getting support of the makers of the hardware or checked any support forums they may have..

I have mailed the distributor in my country but got no response for so far.

from the A2A Simulations Piper Cub forum:

It sounds to me that the brakes are "Reversed". Check for this in game: Feet OFF pedals' date=' look in the bottom left corner, does it say "Brakes"? Push BOTH pedals half way equally, does the word disappear? If so, in the axis section of controls, where you set the brakes up, there is a check box to "Reverse" the axis, put a tick in that box. If there is already a tick in that box, un-tick it. Then try again.[/quote']

Yes the brakes were reversed, I have put a tick in the two boxes. All works properly now. didn't know it was so easy to resolve :lolsign_s: thanks

My second question: does the F-16 Require rudder input? or is everyting done with the sidestick???

It's really weird seeing myself quoted from another forum entirely :D I was just about to write exactly the same message again, until I saw my own answer. Now I don't need to re-write it :D

Mine is set to the twist axis on my joystick handle so yes there is rudder input for the F-16.

No I mean how do real F-16 pilots this. is there a z axis or twist on the real sidestick or do they use the rudder pedals???

It's really weird seeing myself quoted from another forum entirely :D I was just about to write exactly the same message again, until I saw my own answer. Now I don't need to re-write it :D

Nice seeing you here :goodjob_s: completely new experience with the rudder pedals with the brakes, glad I bought it. The radio is also fun. Only to keep everything working I have to run FSX in the lowest graphical settings but that is no problem for me. Next year a mega pc haha ;)

Please see the Wiki page here.

Especially under Cockpit and ergonomics

from wiki:

"The pilot flies the aircraft primarily by means of a side-stick controller mounted on the right-hand armrest (instead of the more common center-mounted stick) and an engine throttle on the left side; conventional rudder pedals are also employed. To enhance the pilot's degree of control of the aircraft during high-g combat maneuvers, a number of function switches formerly scattered about the cockpit have been moved to "hands on throttle-and-stick (HOTAS)" controls found on both of these controllers. Simple hand pressure on the side-stick controller causes the transmission of electrical signals via the FBW system to adjust the various flight control surfaces used for maneuvering. Originally, the side-stick controller was non-moving, but this arrangement proved uncomfortable and difficult for pilots to adjust to, sometimes resulting in a tendency to "over-rotate" the aircraft during takeoffs, so the control stick was given a small amount of "play". Since its introduction on the F-16, HOTAS controls have become a standard feature among modern fighters.["

Having read this I think that the sidestick does also the rudder in real life. Think I reassign the rudder to my X65. The rudder pedals are probably for extra safety, I will use them for easy flights, for more difficult flights I use the rudder of the stick.

I'll read the full article later.

Its states the "Conventional Ruder pedals are employed" If they weren't used they wouldn't be employed, they would be like a lot of other people un-employed :)

I know the meaning of the word employ now!!! :goodjob_s:

• 4 weeks later...

Having the same problem too, but it wont go away even with checking the reverse boxes. is there a known hardware problem?

Having the same problem too, but it wont go away even with checking the reverse boxes. is there a known hardware problem?

No, but have you actually adjusted the sensitivity and null zone settings as when you reverse the sense, you also reverse the direction in which those sliders act..?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

had to reinstall FSX Now I have the same problem as this other guy trying to solve it maybe the software for the XP 64 bit is the problem

Maybe you need to change a setting because if it was working before and not now then it has to be a setting thats been reset, excuse the pun.

Maybe you need to change a setting because if it was working before and not now then it has to be a setting thats been reset, excuse the pun.

Ok. I'll try this excuses accepted.

Need help, problem not solved. Had to disconnect all usb cabels and re-connect in different usb-ports, think there is a problem with usb 2.0 Installed all hardware seperately to avoid conflicts. Running xp pro server 2003 x64. Uninstalled Advanced Systemcare. Used original driver cd's. Fsx: tried different settings, airplanes, disabled keboard shortcuts for the brakes, tried null zone diff. settings. etc. I spend a lot of hours trying to solve this problem and I'm really not doing all this again. I've assigned the brakes now to the HOTAS sidestick. Still using the rudder to rotate. Anyone else?? :mad:

Need help, problem not solved. Had to disconnect all usb cabels and re-connect in different usb-ports, think there is a problem with usb 2.0 Installed all hardware seperately to avoid conflicts. Running xp pro server 2003 x64. Uninstalled Advanced Systemcare. Used original driver cd's. Fsx: tried different settings, airplanes, disabled keboard shortcuts for the brakes, tried null zone diff. settings. etc. I spend a lot of hours trying to solve this problem and I'm really not doing all this again. I've assigned the brakes now to the HOTAS sidestick. Still using the rudder to rotate. Anyone else?? :mad:

If you had it working before then as I said you have now changed something, as we havent a clue what you might have done or what you have installed on your computer then we have no way of knowing what it is you changed.

thank you, you're right about that, it can be everything but I still don't know where the problem is. When I've solved it I'll post it on the forum. thanks for reply