Phase 1 revisited in real life - sort of

ManuelL

Hi,

I've been to Iceland for vacation this year and and had the chance to visit some of the locations we passed over in phase 1 :) . I thought I show you some pictures.

Reykjavik City Airport. You can see the Iceland Air DC-3 sitting on the apron.

Rif Airfield

Hverfjall crater near lake Myvatn. The largest explosion crater in Europe. You can estimate the size by the tiny black dots you can see against the clouds on the left, which are people walking around the crater.

A view on the (still warm) lava fields of the Krafla vulcano

Geothermal plant near Krafla. One reason for the last eruption of the vulcano was actually a drilling made to harvest the thermal energy, which de-stabilized the vulcano.

Hafragilsfoss, a waterfall a little down the river from Dettifoss. Not as big as Dettifoss, but with a nice view of the canyon.

A view on the outskirts of the Vatnajökull national park.

Eyafjallajökull, the vulcano that brought down the European air traffic last year

And finally a view on Gullfoss

post-7912-0-57030700-1314452341_thumb.jp

Hope you enjoyed the pictures, and thanks for looking.

Manuel

Hi,

I've been to Iceland for vacation this year and and had the chance to visit some of the locations we passed over in phase 1 :) . I thought I show you some pictures.

Reykjavik City Airport. You can see the Iceland Air DC-3 sitting on the apron.

Rif Airfield

Hverfjall crater near lake Myvatn. The largest explosion crater in Europe. You can estimate the size by the tiny black dots you can see against the clouds on the left, which are people walking around the crater.

A view on the (still warm) lava fields of the Krafla vulcano

Geothermal plant near Krafla. One reason for the last eruption of the vulcano was actually a drilling made to harvest the thermal energy, which de-stabilized the vulcano.

Hafragilsfoss, a waterfall a little down the river from Dettifoss. Not as big as Dettifoss, but with a nice view of the canyon.

A view on the outskirts of the Vatnajökull national park.

Eyafjallajökull, the vulcano that brought down the European air traffic last year

And finally a view on Gullfoss

post-7912-0-57030700-1314452341_thumb.jp

Hope you enjoyed the pictures, and thanks for looking.

Manuel

Thanks for sharing Manuel, Iceland looks amazing.

I remember how BBC Newsreaders taught us how to pronounce "Eyafjallajökull", which is just as well as I never would have guessed.

Thanks for the comments guys. Yes, it was very nice there. Although I must say I still can't pronounce Eyafjallajökull correctly (double L is pronounced as tl).