DA-20 faulty ASC.DLL module

speedywrx

Aerosoft team,

I just purchased and installed the DA-20 katana v4 software and after every flight when I go to "end flight" FSX crashes. I go into event log in control panel to find this error:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3

Faulting module name: ASC.DLL, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4b2520f0

Exception code: 0xc0000417

Fault offset: 0x00003d72

Faulting process id: 0x2a70

Faulting application start time: 0x01cc6391a4e30dd3

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Diamond DA20-100 'Katana'\panel\ASC.DLL

Report Id: 86381499-cf89-11e0-aa00-90e6baa61097

I'm already patched to FSX SP2. Any ideas how I can fix this? Thank you.

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

Your poblem are insufficient access rights. When installing FSX in the default directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\" you have to run/install FSX and all its addons as Admin. Otherwise it won't work.

I strongly recommend you to uninstall FSX and all your addons and install it e.g. at C:\FSX or even better on a separate drive, if available.

Otto is bang-on. And please note the correct forum and do make use of the copious manuals, which are a not optional for an aircraft of this complexity.