simmarket update?

pollux

Asked myself the same question. For those wondering, you need to redownload from your Simmarket account. I am in the process of doing that.

And yes, really looking forward to trying out the new update.

• Upvote 1

Since it's a completly new installer, will all settings and logs reset after the update (landing counter, flight time log, condition of the plane, etc.)?

The instructions say to "Uninstall" the previous version, so I'd say YES all data will be rest as if you just installed it for the first time. Providing of course you follow the instructions :) If you don't, who knows what will happen ;)

Correction: After uninstalling as per instructions, using the windows "Add/Remove Programs" and installing the new version, it appears my settings have been preserved. Well at least the controls and Payload and trim tabs seem to be how I left them. Maybe the timings have been preserved too.

The instructions say to "Uninstall" the previous version, so I'd say YES all data will be rest as if you just installed it for the first time. Providing of course you follow the instructions :) If you don't, who knows what will happen ;)

Correction: After uninstalling as per instructions, using the windows "Add/Remove Programs" and installing the new version, it appears my settings have been preserved. Well at least the controls and Payload and trim tabs seem to be how I left them. Maybe the timings have been preserved too.

Thanks for the info. Sounds good to me. I'll go for it tonight.

Update to my post above.

The new install did indeed inherit the data from the earlier version. Unfortunately it also inherited the problems I was having (Lack of power/no climb). So I ended up "resetting" the data totally and starting from fresh. This cured my problems, and so far the Katana works as the developer originally intended. Thanks to the update 1.02, this is a stunning piece of work.

Also, if you have any repaints, you'll need to re-enter them in the new aircraft.cfg. The textures aren't affected - the folders remain where they were - so all you need to do is copy the entries back to the cfg and you're good to go.