Phase 3 Officially over

Matt_Smith

Ok Phase 2 will start August 27th at 2000z and run for 5 weeks to the 30th September at 2000UTC. Enjoy the planning!

Phase 3 consists of 12 legs. You cannot use an individual aircraft more than 3 times in this segment. Which must be the same selection as from phase 1.

Remember you may change 1 aircraft from each group, if you want to and havent done so already.

PADU - IKO 100.5

IKO - PAAK 200

PAAK - PADK 92.3

PADK - ATU 376.9

ATU - UHPP 531.3

UHPP - UHSS 711.8

UHSS - RJCR 110.7

RJCR - RJAH 557.2

RJAH - RJBH 406.6

RJBH - ROTM 542.4

ROTM - RCYU 359.6

RCYU - VHHX 421.2

TOTAL 4664.3

See you in Hong Kong. Attached Ians spreadsheet.

Phase 3 scoring template.zip

OK, planning head is on. :D Those are long legs! Especially in the slower aircraft... for anyone interested, here's a map:

Phase3map.jpg

Shame we don't have Kai Tak to fly into.. :unsure: . now there was a fun approach!

Edit: Doh! VHHX IS Kai Tak.... need to get some scenery sorted out - anyone know of any good freeware Kai Tak scenery. I have revised the scoring template if anyone wants a copy....

Edit2: Found a reasonable freeware Kai Tak on Avsim.com, from Jim Vile.

Ahha! The long lost wonderer returns!

Welcome back Matt :D

Just to bring you up to speed Matt : Whilst you were AWOL, it was decided (by Ole) that we could change 1 of each aircraft.

So 1 prop, 1 Turbine, and 1 jet.

Is this still OK?

Trust you to pick the weekend we are away on holiday to start! Ah well, I'll have to get myself more organised. Welcome back Matt, hope all is well with you. Miss Aviatrix sends her regards. :D

Concerning prizes..

I have negotiated two deals. FSAddon have agreed to sponsor 3 downloads, free of choice, and the Ulver team has agreed to sponsor 3 download copies of the wonderful DC-2.

SO when Matt (I trust him to do the winning-math now) has decided who is eligible for prizes, those above are a possibility, along with Aerosoft downloads...

• 1 month later...

Hi,

sorry I didn't make it (and I won't even be able to finish this weekend). I'm just on leg 10 now. Had to travel a bit lately for the job and will also be away part of next week.

Can I get an extension until end of next Saturday? Otherwise I'm afraid I have to drop out at this point.

Ive compleated the Phase and posted the score from FSFS, but (again, sorry) i need a little more time to get my score card up to date, and save my pics as .jpg/upload.

(is it possible for FSX to save pics as a .jpg file?...it currently saves as.bmp, and its too large..like 8mb for 1 pic :blink: )

Guys.

Lets just once and for all, extend the period of phase 3 ONE WEEK. All and everyone who wants to stay in the competition, needs to finish flying, creating scorecards, and in every aspect finish - September 30. at 20.00Z

No more extensions will be given.

Guys.

Lets just once and for all, extend the period of phase 3 ONE WEEK. All and everyone who wants to stay in the competition, needs to finish flying, creating scorecards, and in every aspect finish - September 30. at 20.00Z

No more extensions will be given.

Cool that means I can do my flight to VHHX as I never recorded a score due to a FSX crash. It's really been bugging me that I never landed at Kai Tak.

Ok - some of you really wait until the last minute - but now it IS the last minute. TODAY at 20.00z I need the scores and pics to be up.

Dale.... I thought you wanted to try for a score in Kai Tak? - Better quit lurking around and start flying soon... :lurk_s:

ManueIL... What the *BEEP* I just saw that you only recorded 4 scores.... and no pics. Don´t you like us anymore? :confused_s::mecry_s:

Ok - some of you really wait until the last minute - but now it IS the last minute. TODAY at 20.00z I need the scores and pics to be up.

Dale.... I thought you wanted to try for a score in Kai Tak? - Better quit lurking around and start flying soon... :lurk_s:

Oops! I misunderstood I thought that you said a 1 week extension so I took this mean 20.00 GMT on Saturday. My fault, I didn't read the date.

I'll give it a try when i finish work. But if I can't finish by 20.00GMT then I won't be any worse off than I am now.