Black screen when running AES and RC4

I just installed AES and so far I really like what I see. However, I have a problem I just can't figure out and noone has been able to help me find a solution. After I minimize the FS9 screen to start Radar Contact 4, when I try to go back to full screen mode (Alt+Return), the FS9 window goes completely blank (I literally get a black screen). I've tried this at numerous airports, even ones not activated with AES. Just to experiment, I uninstalled AES and removed the files placed by the AES installer in the modules folder (VistaMar), and when I do that I get no more issues with the black screen after starting RC4. When I reinstalled AES, the problem recurs.

I know a lot of people are successfully running AES and RC4, so I'm not sure why I'm having this problem Any help is greatly appreciated.

I use the latest registered copy of FSUIPC, WIndows XP, FS9. Just FYI, I brought this up on the Radar Contact forum and noone had an answer.

Thanks!

Todd

• Developer

I have seen such an issue on only one PC in my life, that's 7 years ago. I never find one other, where I can reproduce the issue regarding switch to the fullscreenmode.

So I think, that this is a very special issue, depending on the combination of Vistamare modules with other components on the PC, like Graphiccard, Graphicdriver and/or Motherboard.

As the fullscreen mode is more or less part of the graphicsystem, you my can check to bring your graphicdriver up-to-date, maybe that helps.

If not, you only can try to start the FS in window mode, then start RC and try to switch to Fullmode after all is runing or us the FS in maximized window mode, maybe with hiding the Menu. I normally have more speed (frames) in windowed Mode then in Fullscreen mode, but this depents on the hardware.