Hello everyone.

I need help to make some priorities. I'm about to purchase a new graphic card and a new screen. Now I'm using a XFX nvidia GTS 250 graphic card, alongside a I5 2500 3,3 Ghz Cpu (running in turbomode 3,7 GhZ) 6 GB RAM, Windows 7 64 bit, FSX Acceleration, asus P8Z68 motherboard and a 550W corsair PSU. Currently I'm not satisfied with my framerates which Is between 15-25 fps in addon environment and between 40-55 in non addon environment but with an addon aircraft (Flight 1 ATR 72-500).

My screen today is about 6-7 years old, it's a LG 20,4" no idea about the details.

I'm looking on an EIZO 23" LCD Foris FS2331 -BK. The graphics card I'm looking on is the ASUS Geforce GTX 560Ti 1GB

I'm not that good in computers and tech so my question is:

What should I purchase first to get more frames and why?

I know it's a tricky subject but I need help.

Henrik

I would get the larger monitor first and see how fsx performs with the 250.

If performance is not good enough in your opinion and perhaps you like to use AA and AF to increase visual quality then get the 560. Just do not expect a major increase in fps.

If you also like to play other AAA games then the 560 would be a good upgrade.

Thanks for your reply. I will go for the screen first. I am not familiar with AA, AF and AAA though, is it something you want to explain?

Henrik

• Aerosoft

Get the screen first. It's what you are looking at and as such always important.

But keep in mind that it has no (or almost no) influence on you FPS. On your system it's the CPU that the limiting factor but it will be expensive to get a lot more. If I were you I would get the screen and a few add-ons and keep the GPU a bit longer.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I bought the Eizo and it´s fantastic. Couldn´t image that the difference would be this big. FSX runs much smoother ( or it looks like it).

regards Henrik