Again new forum design?

mopperle

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just realized that the deisgn has changed again. Any specific reason for that? Becoming difficult to keep the various forum apart :huh:

Aerosoft now looks like all the Avsim forums.

Just realized that the deisgn has changed again. Any specific reason for that? Becoming difficult to keep the various forum apart :huh:

Aerosoft now looks like all the Avsim forums.

Same at ORBX also. Must be for the greater good, Lol.

• Aerosoft

It has a more HTML5 feel to it :) Quite honestly I love the new version of IP board.

And it really is far superior in many ways.

If you select the theme 'Aero2' you see I am already trying to optimize and simplify. If you see any bit of the theme you think needs work let me know here. The icons will be changed asap.

post-43-0-23792100-1312370413.jpg

And it really is far superior in many ways.

If you select the theme 'Aero2' you see I am already trying to optimize and simplify. If you see any bit of the theme you think needs work let me know here. The icons will be changed asap.

Sorry but I see nor optimization neither simplification in this matter !

• Upvote 1

Dont know why you updated the board without testing the update first. There are still various problems and bugs, btw. now I cant open any other threads in topic view (15h 43 gmt+1)

So many problems could be solved before going live ...

Also the new board skin is a serious design fail. Big bar separators which are just eye catchers and dont give any benefit. Bad free-space usage which is really annoying on smaller screens (12.1").

Well it has 12 colors removed for starters ...

Which had usage. Minimalism and 3 color pages are only good, from usability perspective, if the layout as a whole supports it, but this forum isnt.

Best regards

Emmanuel Kurz

• Aerosoft

Dont know why you updated the board without testing the update first. There are still various problems and bugs, btw. now I cant open any other threads in topic view (15h 43 gmt+1)

So many problems could be solved before going live ...

Also the new board skin is a serious design fail. Big bar separators which are just eye catchers and dont give any benefit. Bad free-space usage which is really annoying on smaller screens (12.1").

Which had usage. Minimalism and 3 color pages are only good, from usability perspective, if the layout as a whole supports it, but this forum isnt.

Best regards

Emmanuel Kurz

For small screens the mobile skin would of course be a lot more suitable and I am sorry you do not agree with the style, it is being tweaked but the more open structure will most certainly stay.

I've noticed one annoyance in the forum... When you read a forum, for example the AES forum, and click the back button, it will take you all the way to the top of the page up to the General forum instead of back to where you were. Any way to fix?

• Aerosoft

I've noticed one annoyance in the forum... When you read a forum, for example the AES forum, and click the back button, it will take you all the way to the top of the page up to the General forum instead of back to where you were. Any way to fix?

mmmm, I don't see that or I don't fully understand. What I do know is that some of the java code seems to be a bit sticky in some browsers, so try using [control]-[F5] on the main forum page. That forces a reload of all that stuff.

I'm talking about the main page, Mathijs. If I'm at the bottom of the page viewing a forum, hitting the back arrow takes me back to the top of the main page instead of back to the bottom. The previous forum version worked correctly on my browser.

I'm talking about the main page, Mathijs. If I'm at the bottom of the page viewing a forum, hitting the back arrow takes me back to the top of the main page instead of back to the bottom. The previous forum version worked correctly on my browser.

Hello Bruce,

To be honest I'm not seeing this problem, I can open the last topic at the bottom of this the General Forum and then press the back button and it takes me back to the bottom of the forum.

I'm not talking about being in the General forum, I'm talking about being well down the list in the AES forum. When I finish reading that forum, I click the back arrow near the title bar of my browser, and I'm taken back to the main page which is where I would expect to be, but I'm back at the top of that page where the General forum is. I've already read from General down to AES, and it is annoying to have to hit page down to get back there. The forum should be "sticky" and remember where you were.

• Aerosoft

Okay Bruce, I see what you mean. Have not found a setting for that, but will ask the company who made the software to assist. I checked it out on other forums using the same software and I see the same behavior there.

But slowly but surely the forum is shaping up:

post-43-0-57469300-1312548854_thumb.jpg