Can Not Land

Jetbluepilot 2992

Hello I'm new to the forum. I became a member of this forum because of this one problem. (Beethoven's 5th Symphony plays in the back round) I noticed this after several flights. When I go to kand the aircraft at the speed from 180kt - 160kt and I'm 100 above on an approch, and the aircraft stops decending and I have to slam my (control) stick down in order to even make the runway. I'm a real pilot and this is annoying me so much. Can some one help?

Hello I'm new to the forum. I became a member of this forum because of this one problem. (Beethoven's 5th Symphony plays in the back round) I noticed this after several flights. When I go to kand the aircraft at the speed from 180kt - 160kt and I'm 100 above on an approch, and the aircraft stops decending and I have to slam my (control) stick down in order to even make the runway. I'm a real pilot and this is annoying me so much. Can some one help?

I also just did a test and I did a little take off from Boston and then tryed to land at Boston. I came in right approch 2 white 2 red that whole thing and I was going 176 and when I was at 400 it started acting funny and then the aircraft made a nose dive??? I was fine on speed. I had full flaps and it all set-up.

Now it is getting to be an annoying little thing.

well i dont know about waight and so, but to mee it sounds fast when i compair what i se on the MCDU as do you, Set speed to Vapp as shown on the lower left corner of the MCDU PERF APP page ? thats from the aerosoft manual and so far as i remember, it is very importan to fly at that speed in order to keep on the glideslope.

it was just a thing i noted as what i mean i normaly see as vapp is around 140-150 or so normaly when i fly as i remember.

well i dont know about waight and so, but to mee it sounds fast when i compair what i se on the MCDU as do you, Set speed to Vapp as shown on the lower left corner of the MCDU PERF APP page ? thats from the aerosoft manual and so far as i remember, it is very importan to fly at that speed in order to keep on the glideslope.

it was just a thing i noted as what i mean i normaly see as vapp is around 140-150 or so normaly when i fly as i remember.

well another problem even with full flaps the aircraft nose dives and blaaaa.

do you then fly by hand as thats an old story, there are so many pages of on this forum. and i tryeid to finde a solution, but never found one. as it seems to be 2 systems that when you turn off the ap, the trim wheel would be locked. but thats a long story.

Hello Jetbluepilot,

A user left an Auto-land tutorial in the General Downloads Section of the forum, maybe you could take a look.

Ok no that is still not the problem its IFR and manual landing. I have been working on seeing what speeds the aircraft nose dives and I have found it does this at 160 and bellow. and then it will not land at a speed of more than 170. Thats not right. I have made a video on this I will give the link out once I have the video out.

Ok no that is still not the problem its IFR and manual landing. I have been working on seeing what speeds the aircraft nose dives and I have found it does this at 160 and bellow. and then it will not land at a speed of more than 170. Thats not right. I have made a video on this I will give the link out once I have the video out.

A few people who experienced this issue have applied some back pressure on the stick to counteract this if they got it.

• 5 weeks later...

and then it will not land at a speed of more than 170. Thats not right.

Oh I think you'll find that's actually quite right. I'd have thought at that kind of speed it should be impossible to land as an A320 will typically land at 120 to 140 kts (depending on weight). As already mentioned in this thread, you need to look for the vref speed in the lower left of the perf page.

If you disenage the AP before 1,000ft and have the speed close to vref with gear and flaps down, the Airbus will be flying without any stick input required from you....just very small inputs to adjust as needed. Whatever you do, do not try and handfly the Airbus with continous stick pressure i.e. if you need to lift the nose a little to stay on the glideslope, just give the stick a small nudge backwards and release it and repeat as needed.