New scenery projects

• Aerosoft

I know, we got a separate topic for that and yes I do follow that every day. But this is about the same from a different angle.

Later this year we got a a few scenery development teams that can start on new projects. And we got to decide these days what projects they should be. Now we got a good idea what would work commercially but as I said so often, we only do airport scenery if we get good access to the airport. I know there is a lot of (good) scenery done without that but as we also sell the products for real sims we simply need to be able to get a very complete set of images. That takes at least a full day of driving around the airport, taking hundreds if not thousands of images. Now you will understand that in this day and age of terror getting permission to do anything like that is hard, sometimes totally impossible. You send a letter to the airport authorities, they forward it their PR department who doesn't even know what flight simulation is and you get an idea of the scale of the problem. Much more successful are the project where we got somebody close who knows the airport, perhaps even works there and who can assist. Some of our best airports have been done that way. Still fully with permission but without having to go through the whole shebang.

So, we are now trying to find people who think they can help us with getting access to the airports. We are most interested in bigger US and Asian airports at this moment. Feel free to comment here, or to drop a mail at support@aerosoft.com.

I wish I could help directly, but living in Europe I hardly have any access to US or Asian airports. I hope there will be many people willing and being able to help.

I am writing these words just to express my enthusiasm and joy for this idea, especially about Asia which is such a fascinating continent. There are some Asian sceneries around but many more have only poor representation or none at all.

I am sure it will be a huge success to offer quality renditions of airports like Beijing ZBAA, Shanghai ZSPD or Delhi VIDP (I am not sure ImagineSim will succeed here).

Go, Aerosoft, go!

goasgo.jpg

Hi Mathijs

I just wanted to make my favour known for your blog regarding big Asian & US airports....I really do think Bangkok, Thailand still to this day is awaiting a major scenery upgrade. I am fully aware there is Armi Projects VTBS payware airport but lets be honest its not that good at all, its a frame killer and also in terms of texture and shading...its pretty basic, everything looks really clean and stand textures and ramp textures are just so tidy it looks fake (if you catch my drift). I as do many others will pay for quality, and if its from Simwings, Flytampa, FS Dreamteam or UK2000 i will buy it! Unfortunately in my opinion there are way to many scenerys out there (Armi Project, Tropicalsim, LatinVFR...) that look like the Simwings of 2004 for FS2002/2004 and when you have quality like that of Simwings/AS & Flytampa it should be no suprise that many have refrained from buying the current VTBS!! Its funny, Thaiflight have released a VTBD Don Maung 2011 scenery for FS2004 and its freeware and actually so bloody good that in some senses it looks on par with UK2000 modelling and totally blows Armi Project out of the water with frames and art work.....Any who thats my little input, i hope you may consider Bangkok Intl so we can finally give Thai Airways a real worthy long haul!

Imaginesim think they can successfully finish the VIDP(Delhi) project and I do hope they succeed. The biggest problem in India is getting photographs of sensitive places due to the constant terrorist threat. Recently a few plane spotters were arrested at an Indian airport and were let off...sad really. I would suggest the Goa-Dabolim airport...a lot of charter flights from Europe operate to Goa.

My other suggestions would be Beijing-capital, Shanghai-Pudong and I don't know why I am not too satisfied with the $30 I spent on the Imaginesim VHHH...would like to see an Aerosoft VHHH :)

One very important aspect in countries where English is not a native language, do any of your staff (really anyone) speak the local or a well known language? In the US there is another aspect, but...

I would love to see some more eastern airports like Bucharest otopeni , kiev, warsawa and prague , but this is just my opinion I m sure there is people who are indeed in me and who aren`t .I would mostly recomend Bucharest otopeni because they have just extended the terminal and actually is it called (little charles the gaulle) because it looks a little bit like charles de gaulle terminal.

here is a little video where you can see how it looks now(the airport )

The below larger US airports have either never been made, are not in production, or need a remake in FSX. In my opinion, I think most of these will sell quite well if they can be made.

Newark Liberty Intl (KEWR)

Houston Intercontinental (KIAH)

Seattle - Tacoma Intl (KSEA)

Portland Intl (KPDX)

Baltimore - Washington Intl (KBWI)

Washington National (KDCA)

Lambert St. Louis Intl (KSTL)

Orlando Intl (KMCO)

Minneapolis - St. Paul Intl (KMSP)

Sorry I can't be much help with gaining access to any of these or any airports for that matter. Keep up the great work Aerosoft!

I'd love to see so many airports, specially in Europe. Got a whole wishlist of European airports. Unfortunately I don't know anyone who's got access to any of those airports, so I'm sorry I can not be of any assistance.

From what I know, specially for Asian and Eastern-European airports, if you talk to the right person and you put some money under the table it's really easy to get whatever you want. Of course you shouldn't try that in America, but in the east that's the way it works. I bet if you try to make a Mega Airport Kiev Boryspil that way you'll certainly succeed.

• 3 weeks later...

Major missing U.S. airports that come to mind are KDCA, KSEA, KSAN, KPHL and my favorite KMIA. I'm originally from Miami and still visit a lot, plus I currently live in Washington, D.C. I know there is plenty of material on these airports on the internet.

Thanks for all the great products, and I'm glad to hear there is going to be more focus on the U.S. and Asia.

Luis Linares

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Yes but as explained, this topic was asking about projects we can actually do if we find somebody who has access to the airports.

Certainly in the Middle and Far East just picking up the phone and try to get access is impossible. They only way to handle that is to find somebody who 'knows people'.

• Upvote 1

CYYZ - Toronto Pearson.

Canada has been neglected by scenery developers, Fly Tampa have just announced Montreal, would be great to see Toronto X as well.

Very popular airport, lots of international carriers.

Italy, Turin, LIMF, ear the Alps.....

I live near the airport (approx 20min), I have many possibilities to take photos. There are some great point of view to take interesting material.....

I know Aerosoft don't like Italy (too much piracy :( ), but give us a chance.... :)

Homer

• Aerosoft

Italy, Turin, LIMF, ear the Alps.....

I live near the airport (approx 20min), I have many possibilities to take photos. There are some great point of view to take interesting material.....

I know Aerosoft don't like Italy (too much piracy :( ), but give us a chance.... :)

Homer

You got access to the platforms?