Uninstall Approaching Innsbruck

Peter B

Hi

I need to uninstall my boxed FSX version of Approaching Innsbruck from my laptop and reinstall it on my more powerful Desktop PC.

When I follow the REMOVING "Approaching Innsbruck" instruction in the Manual, it starts to uninstall but stops and I get a warning popup box which said " Bitle deinstallieren Sie de Vorhandene Version, bevor sie diese version installeren " Not sure what that means but it stops the uninstall process.

My Laptop is running Windows7 32 bit.

Can you help me please.

Thanks

Peter

Hi. That is basically saying 'Please remove the old version before installing the new version'. Have you hit 'Repair' instead of 'Remove'?

Alternatively, just use 'Add/Remove Programs' in the Control Panel. That should do it.

Chris

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for your reply and the link to the replacement setup.inx file. This has allowed the uninstall process to run ok.

I have checked the Aerosoft folder in FSX and I still have a 'Season.exe' application folder 3,620KB. Should 'Season.exe' still be in the Aerosoft folder?

(I also have Falcon X installed so that folder is still in the Aerosoft folder)

Also, during startup of FSX I still get a security warning popup asking if I want to run 'Name: VimaCoreX.dll Publisher: Vistamare Software'. I am sure this started after I had installed 'Approaching Innsbruck'. Should I still get this warning ?

(FSX still runs ok if I choose 'Run' or 'Do not run')

Regards,

Peter

• 8 months later...

I purchased approaching innsbruck for fsx. I deside to uninstall the scenery for a reason and to installed again. My problem is how can uninstall approaching Innsbruck for my fsx. Any help I will appreciate it. Thank you.

It's not happening . I do remember Shaun post a file that use to help how to uninstall the scenery but I can't find that any more. I know you can uninstall the file from the control panel like any other but with the approaching Innsbruck is not that case. I can not uninstall the apt. Plz any help .

Have you looked in your FSX folder for a uninstall.exe specific to Innsbruck?

If you get really stuck you could use the crude method of deleting the Approaching Innsbruck entry from the Scenery Library and then deleting the Approaching Innsbruck folder under FSX/Aerosoft (or your equivalent directly). For a scenery product that should get rid of most if not all of the files.

Chris

It's not happening . I do remember Shaun post a file that use to help how to uninstall the scenery but I can't find that any more. I know you can uninstall the file from the control panel like any other but with the approaching Innsbruck is not that case. I can not uninstall the apt. Plz any help .

Is this what your looking for here.