Keflavik X now available.

Shaun Fletcher

"Ladies and gentlemen, due to unforeseen headwinds we will make an unscheduled fuel stop at Keflavik". Not long ago this was an announcement not uncommon during Trans-Atlantic flights. These days it does not happen often but Keflavik is still a very important airport. Not only does it serve as the main port to Iceland, it's also a stop for any flight over the ocean in a smaller aircraft. You can fly almost any aircraft between continents but Keflavik will always be on your route. This great scenery compliments our Iceland X project (with cross discounts) and is available for FSX and FS2004.

Links: [Keflavik X] [iceland X]

keflavikx_30.jpg

keflavikx_3.jpg

keflavikx_25.jpg

keflavikx_9.jpg

More Screenshots

Just a small issue : at holding point of rwy 02 (holding point where we are when we load on scenery) the taxi sign is done with blurry texture. We have to zoom in to make it clear. All other textures are fine.

• Upvote 2

Hi guys,

This is my first post so hi to all....

I have just bought Iceland X and Keflavik X and the 20% off deal sealed it for me. But I have a problem.

I can not load a flight from Keflavic as it crashes FSX every time. I have loaded anothe airport in Iceland (Bokka) i think and it loaded fine..... Can you think what I am doing wrong or what i need to do to fix this ?

Thanks in advance,

Andy

• Deputy Sheriffs

OS, installed as Admin......?

And what do you exactly mean by

I can not load a flight from Keflavic as it crashes FSX every time.

Hey thank you for the fast reply :-)

Yeah i am running Vista 64 as admin, UAC is turned off and i disabled firewall for the download.

I select Kef as airport from the main FSX free flight menu, and as soon as i click on fly now it crashed to desktop. I uninstalled it but same problem with the Iceland X Keflavik. Re installing now so will post back...

Thanks again.......

Right,

deleted all the add on scenery and Kef loads fine so it must be something i have done wrong. I installed Iceland X first followed by Kef is this correct ? Ill give it another re install.....;-)

Installed Iceland X and crash when selecting Keflavik........Kef X not installed at this time.

Going to give up for the night now, Ive tried every combination of deleting/installing/resetting lol.........Wasted 3 hours more of my life.

Hi guys,

FIXED. I saw in another thread that there may be a problem with this add on scenery and any Earth Sim stuff. So i removed the earth simulations scenery from the data base and all is working great.

Just handy if anyone else is having an issue.

Yes we had this problem with Iceland X before. No idea what's in that other addon that keeps Iceland X crashing, maybe AI ship traffic.

If anybody gets this crash as well, try disabling that other addon or contact our email support team.

Did some flying in Iceland and Keflavik last weekend and I must say I'm impressed!

Iceland X can keep you busy for weeks hopping around all the airfields and lonely places, while Keflavik is a good base and great for oversea flights to busier places in the world.

I had no frame drops at all at any time, neither by day or night.

With the discount available, both products are a bargain and I'm happy that the launcher is optional.

Excellent job, Thorsten!

Just purchased the BIKF scenery and it is great....except for one thing....It seems that the scenery around airport is flickering and the tarmac where the terminal is all green (like grass) and no grey tarmac. I have attached a screenshot of what I mean. I did a defrag and restarted my PC to no avail. I have Windows 7 (Home Premium) with SP1. Any ideas? I have multiple other 3rd party sceneries but none in Iceland. any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure it's something environmental with my PC or other sceneries but troubleshooting thus far, I have no clue. I have not had this problem with any other scenery (Aerosoft or other add-ons). Thanks!!!!

Do you use FS9 or FSX?

In any case it seems that the airport altitude in the flatten file is incorrect. This could happen for example if another addon delivers another airport altitude file. Those are stored in the FSX/scenery/world/scenery folder. Is there more than one BIKF file?

Try disabling other addons in the library, for example traffic and mesh addons, to find the error.

I found the problem. I am using Contrails Pro and changed it from "enabled" to "disabled". Works like a charm, now! Thanks for the input Aerosoft, as youy pointed me in the right direction!! Can't wait for Anchorage (PANC)!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

On the product page in the Aerosoft webshop it is advertised that the product is compatible to Airport Enhancement Services (from AES version 2.13). So when version 2.13 became available I was very happy. But I can not find Keflavik in the airport list of AES. Does this mean we will not get AES in Keflavik or did I something wrong?

Arjen

The Netherlands

i bought Keflavik and Iceland and i'm also really impressed with the details and the fps when flying there.

only problem i have is that the aircrafts are somehow misalligned. When i am parking at the gate, the other AI traffic is parked inside the building instead of parked at the gate.

Also when i see the aircrafts taxi, they are not on the taxiway, but merely next to it.

I have installed iceland first before installing keflavik. I checked the manual and all settings are similar to my system.

any ideas what could be wrong?

If you install Keflavik, make sure the installer finds Iceland X (you can see that in the window after you selected the FSX folder).

Do you use other addons? Please make sure Keflavik is above other critical addons in the scenery library (for example AI traffic addons).

I installed Iceland first, but straight after i installed Keflavik, can't remember that it mentioned if i had Iceland installed. Could it be that after you installed Iceland, you have to start FSX first to let it load the scenery and after that install Keflavik?

Keflavik X is now available in AES 2.13. Oliver released a new version of AES 2.13 (please download the AES basepack again if you use AES) that includes Keflavik X (FSX and FS9, 1 credit).

We will release an update for Keflavik X FS9 and FSX later this week which includes several fixes/additions.