Aerosoft official retail partner for Microsoft Flight Simulator !! 
Click here for more information

Sign in to follow this  
Markoz

Slats/Flaps setting 1 and 1+F

Hi.

Reading the manual, I often see a reference to a Slats/Flaps setting of 1 or 1+F. Does the Airbus X decide whether the setting is 1 OR 1+F?

When setting up for takeoff, I can enter 1 or 2 for the takeoff configuration, but I can't enter 1+F, yet 1+F is a takeoff setting and 1 is not. All I can do is put the flap lever into the proper position.

During the approach, I have same problem. What adds to my confusion is that while the Maximum Airspeed for lowering the Slats (1) is 230 KIAS, for Slats AND Flaps (1+F) it is 215. If I put the lever into position 1 when below 230, but still above 215, I get the warning light and alarm telling me that I am going too fast for setting 1+F.

This IS NOT giving any problems with flying the plane. I love it. I'm just curious as to how this works on the Airbus X.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

post-29824-0-67955400-1311782342.jpg

Hi,

the aircraft automaticly selects Flaps 1+F for take-off when selecting Flaps 1. During approach with Flaps 1+F selected, the airplane automaticly retracts Flaps to Flaps 1 if the speed is critical.

Don't know if it is replicated in the simulation, but hope it helps a bit.

• Upvote 1

This is "The Automatic Retraction System" (not sure if it is fully deployed on the Airbus X.)

While in CONF 1+F as the aircraft accelerates towards VMAX CONF 1+1F the Automatic Retraction System retracts the flaps to 0 degree. (CONF 1). VMAX displayed on the PFD changes from VMAX CONF 1+F to VMAX CONF 1. As the aircraft accelerate to S speed, the flap lever can be selected to 0, provided the target speed is Green Dot or greater. F and S speeds are minimum speeds for flaps and slats retraction and not the speeds at which the selection must be made. If IAS decreases below, the flaps will not extend.

I hope this answers your question

Regards

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys. It looks like it is controlled automatically between 1 and 1+F. Although I figured that might be the case, I have never actually seen it do it in FSX. I will have to have a much closer look and see if I can see it happening. ;)

Mark