German Airfields 11 - Southern Bavaria released

Shaun Fletcher

bannergaf11.jpg

There is most likely not a nicer place to fly VFR then Southern Bavaria. You get the impressive Alps in the background and the terrain is varied and gernerally very attractive. But up to this moment there were not many small airfields there to visit. Not any longer as German Airfield 11, Southern Bavaria is released. Included are 12 small airfields in superb detail designed on high definition images. And there are many clever novelties included that will make the airport change with the weather. Of course it is all compatible with our other German scenery coverage, creating what hasd to be the best covered country in the virtual world! Check the screenshots and you see what we are talking about.

Links: [Product page]

gaf11-memmingen_5.jpg

gaf11-vilshofen_2.jpg

gaf11-schwabmuenchen_1.jpg

gaf11-kirchdorf_3.jpg

More Screenshots

Same here, really strange :angry:

How did you proceed? Did you overwrite/intzergate everything?

Yes, I am just trying to see what this did to my installation *g*

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes, I am just trying to see what this did to my installation *g*

Same here.

But if something happens to my installation, guys at Aerosft I'll promise you, I'll go to Paderborn and you will see what happens :diablo_s:

• Deputy Sheriffs

Found some minor problems:

When parking at parking at slot 1 GA small, the aircarft is in contact with the building:

at the end of the rwy there are 2 trees visible that don't exist, but I'm not sure if they are part of the scenery or FSX's autogen:

• Aerosoft

Installer...

just noticed part 11 requires the launcher (unlike the other parts)...

Going to skip this one.

McGoose, there is no copyright protection or anything included in this product, there is also no need to be online to use it. It just asks to register online, just like the OS you are using and the simulator you are using. If you prefer not to register it will even work without. If you like to register but don't want to do it online you can do it offline. What more would you like?

Could it be you got a warped idea on the whole Launcher? For these products it just serves as an easy way to be aware of updates, quickly open manuals, change seasons etc. Of course you can do all these things finding the products or the files on your disk, but doing it all in one simple tool seems to be a lot simpler. And for that reason ALL of our products use the Launcher now. It saves us a lot on customer support.

Well, thanks for your comments... there's been a lot of talk about the whole launcher thing and the issues since it was introduced...

I can accept your point of view and I would even agree to implement that on download products - but not on boxes.

Other publishers use various online registration procedures (which I avoid as well), but most tend to sell their boxes without them (so I buy their boxes).

I'm not so keen on GAF 11 that I would allow a launcher on my PC - my personal "stress test" was to successfully avoid Stuttgart X... box... ;-)

I waited for Keflavik X to be released to see if it has the launcher... it hasn't - so I bought it together with Iceland X :)

I also noticed a problem in combination with VFR Germany in Unterwössen. The installer didn´t deactivate the afcad from VFR Germany 3 South. This problem can be solved by deactivating or deleting AF2_EP37.BGL in the Aerosoft/Afd/Scenery folder.

It has a strange installer - asked me a gazillion times if I want to overwrite some files...

I found these overwrite issues too.

Chris

Where is the support?

Why is the runway awry?

Support is here but its only just been released so we can then gather up all the reports in one go and then check them and see if they are just system specific or actual bugs and then we set about revolving them.

Support is here but its only just been released so we can then gather up all the reports in one go and then check them and see if they are just system specific or actual bugs and then we set about revolving them.

Thank you, Shaun! :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

I have got a problem with the runway in Vilshofen. I am using VFR Germany 3 South.

l5uwupow.png

Maybe it's an illusion, but in Google Earth, it looks like it has a kink in it. Lay a straight edge along the runway edge (especially on the Danube (Donau)) side and you'll see a bend about the area of the cross taxiway. I would say it doesn't seem quite this pronounced, though.

Hi Ross,

I put the runway write to the arial picture. I can not remember if this is in real like this?

To make it straight, I have to repaint the arial picture :huh:

Well, I can live with that bend :-)

I really enjoy the airfields. I hope the series continues, it adds so many nice hops to FSX.

I can not remember if this is in real like this?

No, it isn´t. I was already two times in Vilshofen and I haven´t seen an awry runway.