Pmdg 747 vs Wilco airbus vol 2

sebfsx

Guest Tuifly737-800WL

lol, pmdg 747 of course. but 747 and the airbus are different type of planes u know that? :P

PMDG FTW!

It has greater systemdepth, less bugs, better visuals and it can be customised by the user.

The failure model is also far better!

Just for the case you're interested:

If you haven't got it I'd consider buying the MD11. It some kind of merger between Airbusses and Boeings.

• Aerosoft

PMDG FTW!

It has greater systemdepth, less bugs, better visuals and it can be customised by the user.

The failure model is also far better!

Just for the case you're interested:

If you haven't got it I'd consider buying the MD11. It some kind of merger between Airbusses and Boeings.

I agree, the MD11 is better choice then any of the other two.

The MD-11 for sure is a more interesting plane to fly then the others, and the performance of the MD-11 is better then both the 747 and Airbus Vol 2. That said, the 747 still is a very good simulation and I was always flying it fanatically around the world. I'm starting to find it a bit boring, however. It's, all in all, really quite a simple plant to fly. The MD-80 series and MD-11 require a very different approach, which i think makes them more interesting. Certainly the Leonardo Maddog is one of the best simulations I know, and because the MD-80 (which it simulates) is basically a rather old aircraft, it doesn't have much of the automation you see in modern Boeings. The result is a much more interesting flight.

But, I realize you are asking for long haul aircraft. I think he MD-11 would then be a nicer plane, for the reasons I already stated: better performance and a more interesting plane. That said, I'm no fan of the MD-11 (can't say why, something about it just doesn't appeal to me), and sadly, the PMDG's MD-11 has some pretty significant flaws in the exterior model. Also, keep in mind that the MD-11 is hardly used for passenger aviation. Only KLM, Martinair and Finnair seem to be using it to that end, so you're only left with cargo aviation. If that's not what you want, I suggest going for the PMDG 747.

There's a certain beauty about the MD11 overhead panel. It has that certain 2001 feel to it. I dunno once you seen and airbus or boeing they all kind of look the same. There is a certain refreshing feel about the MD11.

• Aerosoft

The MD-11 for sure is a more interesting plane to fly then the others, and the performance of the MD-11 is better then both the 747 and Airbus Vol 2. That said, the 747 still is a very good simulation and I was always flying it fanatically around the world. I'm starting to find it a bit boring, however. It's, all in all, really quite a simple plant to fly. The MD-80 series and MD-11 require a very different approach, which i think makes them more interesting. Certainly the Leonardo Maddog is one of the best simulations I know, and because the MD-80 (which it simulates) is basically a rather old aircraft, it doesn't have much of the automation you see in modern Boeings. The result is a much more interesting flight.

But, I realize you are asking for long haul aircraft. I think he MD-11 would then be a nicer plane, for the reasons I already stated: better performance and a more interesting plane. That said, I'm no fan of the MD-11 (can't say why, something about it just doesn't appeal to me), and sadly, the PMDG's MD-11 has some pretty significant flaws in the exterior model. Also, keep in mind that the MD-11 is hardly used for passenger aviation. Only KLM, Martinair and Finnair seem to be using it to that end, so you're only left with cargo aviation. If that's not what you want, I suggest going for the PMDG 747.

And the raw power of the MD-80 is so much fun to have in the background. When my father flew his first fighter for the Dutch Airforce the MD-80 came into service and when empty it outperformed everything up to 10.000 feet.

If you are a Boeing 747-400 fanatic like me I reckon you buy it because its still a good product done by PMDG. As its an older product compared to MD-11 PMDG, its still really good in its age but I do agree that MD-11 is the best of all the PMDG products now!! Love the MD-11 as well! Wilco Airbus Vol 2 have done a decent exterior model on their a330s and a340s but cockpit details are lacking indeed. Adding to that there are some navigation bugs as well.

Conclusion, GET BOTH PMDG 747 AND MD-11!!!!!! AND SOON THE 737 NGX!!!!