Slow Download

machie

Hi All

I just bought Las VegasX scenery and started to download it---WHAT!!--the DL Speed was 9.6 KB--my download service test showed me downloading speed to be 36.6 MBPS--is this normal service from Aerosoft?--right now my download time prediction is 51 hrs---help

Dorn Cranert

Hi All

I just bought Las VegasX scenery and started to download it---WHAT!!--the DL Speed was 9.6 KB--my download service test showed me downloading speed to be 36.6 MBPS--is this normal service from Aerosoft?--right now my download time prediction is 51 hrs---help

Dorn Cranert

Hello Dorn,

No thats not the norm, depends on your routing to the server and what bottlenecks there might be on the way.

I have had similar problems today :-(

I too had challenges with the downloading of Las Vegas. It took many attempts to get a decent downloading speed....

Paul

• Aerosoft

If you have issues like this it helps us a lot if you tell us your location and ISP. I checked the server logs and saw nothing strange, we dod not even come close to maxing out the server or connection, so there has to be an issue somewhere underway. Known and unsolvable is the slow connection to some Australian ISP's . They connect via HongKong and that connection is often very slow. We are considering adding a mirror in Australia to solve this.

Hi,

I am in Hampshire UK, My ISP is Sky and I generally have a 6MBps inbound stream.

It was taking over 45 mins to download just one of the Balearic Islands X files (1.5Gb)

It showed an download speed of just 600KBps on every file I downloaded from the Aerosoft site.

Thinking that I may have an issue, I checked my download conection speed with Speedtest and I had 5.5MBps with them.

I was not using a download manager per say, just through IE9s download ability.

Hope that helps.

I now have the files, so I am okay on this issue, but thought the info may be of assistance to you.

Leslie Channell

Hello Mathijs

I would consider buying from your shop and if it was a download purchase i would feel more reassured if you could reach us down here with a faster connection. Not all of your products are available from my reseller here so would be keen to see any improvements you could make for us Aussie customers.

Kind Regards

Simon

• Deputy Sheriffs

Simon and Leslie,

as Mathijs already told, there might be something in between. Maybe there is something you can do, by using a tracetool that shows the way your connection goes.

• Aerosoft

Hi,

I am in Hampshire UK, My ISP is Sky and I generally have a 6MBps inbound stream.

It was taking over 45 mins to download just one of the Balearic Islands X files (1.5Gb)

It showed an download speed of just 600KBps on every file I downloaded from the Aerosoft site.

Thinking that I may have an issue, I checked my download conection speed with Speedtest and I had 5.5MBps with them.

Hope that helps.

I now have the files, so I am okay on this issue, but thought the info may be of assistance to you.

Leslie Channell

I found your download in the logfiles. but at that time we were running 12% server load and under 20% of available bandwidth. So there is no logical reason this should happen. Thanks for letting us know btw. Always good to check something like this.

Simon and Leslie,

as Mathijs already told, there might be something in between. Maybe there is something you can do, by using a tracetool that shows the way your connection goes.

Hi

I've not actually tried the transfer speed myself from here when downloading from the Aerosoft shop as all my Aerosoft purchases come from an Australian Sim shop. But i was referring to Mathijs mentioning about the Hong Kong connection and how it might be beneficial for Aussie customers to use alternate means such as a mirror as he suggested.

But yes, seeing where the connection goes would be interesting anyway.

Thanks

Simon

Hi,

Hope that helps.

Leslie Channell

Hello Leslie,

Technically you wont get much faster, remember not to mix up your Bits with your Bytes. Your fastest should be 0.75megabytes if your lucky as they dont always download at full speed.

Hi,

Hope that helps.

Leslie Channell

Leslie

I think to have a connection speed of 6 MBps does not mean you can actualy download files at that same speed.

Here is an example with my connection tested on this address http://auditip.com/

post-40356-0-65357600-1311771387.jpg

As you can see my connection was measured to 2.12 mbps. A 2 MBps connection is the highest I can get in the area I live.

At the same time this test states that with this connection speed, I can download files from their server at a speed of 271.66 kbps

Calculating a little, this is giving a download speed of 128 kbps per 1 mbps connection speed.

Connection speed of 6 MBps should then give a max; download speed of 768 kbps.

And then again from above test;

"The speeds above represent your internet connection's download speed from our server in Dallas, Texas.

Speed depends on network traffic, proximity to server, and connection type (broadband cable, DSL, dial-up, etc)".

I googled a little and found below table, comparing connection speeds (to the left) with corresponding download speeds (to the right)

post-40356-0-91248200-1311777598.jpg

As you can see from this table, with a little calculation, a connection speed of 1 MBps correspond to a download speed of 128 kbps.

So with your download speed of 600 kbps, well, I realy do not think anything is wrong.

I am absolutely not an expert on this, and somebody, with more inside knowledge corrects me, if I got it all wrong.

Soeren