problems

hawkjets

can anyone help...I have got to andras on gamesy..do i need teamspeak 3 as mine has stopped working...also do i need to activate sqwawkwin?? thanks

Hawkjets....

You need teamspeak on the Aerosoft Gamespy server, if you want to communicate with the others using Teamspeak 3, which is the default chat in our Gamespy server. But you can fly online with the AS Gamespy server, without Teamspeak. Have you tried to uninstall TS3 and then reinstalling? It often work, OR if not, then perhaps roll your computer back to, when TS3 worked.... Just suggesting.smile.gif

Squakwin is no longer needed. We used Squakwin before, when we used VAE as online provider, but now its only Gamespy and Teamspeak 3.

Have a nice online flight. wink.gif

I still can't connect to the session in gamespy - I get a network response timeout. I'd appreciate any ideas as to how to diagnose this and get access. I've checked my firewall, and all ports that have been mentioned on various sotes are available. I've tried switching off my AV but that's made no difference. I've removed and reloaded FSX in case it was an error there but no. My Gamespy id is fine, I can use it for other games. I get the prompt for the session password, then nothing, followed by the timeout message after a while.

I still can't connect to the session in gamespy - I get a network response timeout. I'd appreciate any ideas as to how to diagnose this and get access. I've checked my firewall, and all ports that have been mentioned on various sotes are available. I've tried switching off my AV but that's made no difference. I've removed and reloaded FSX in case it was an error there but no. My Gamespy id is fine, I can use it for other games. I get the prompt for the session password, then nothing, followed by the timeout message after a while.

Odd....

I´ll address your problem to the Aerosoft guys running the Andras Field GameSpy server.smile.gif

Hawkjets....

Just as a matter of interest, how or why has my response to this question been deleted??????? If you require a time of posting look into the thread I answered him previously!!

Just as a matter of interest, how or why has my response to this question been deleted??????? If you require a time of posting look into the thread I answered him previously!!

James.

Your response has been moderated by me, according to the standard the board set, when we started out in January.If you want to response to a polite inquiry, do so in a polite manner, and try to answer the question. And yes there might be a similar question in the forum somewhere, but it would take you less time and word to just answer, or at least, in your response, to link to the post where the question might been answered. As it was, your response was not constructive at all, and therefore it was moderated.

Hawkjets....

You need teamspeak on the Aerosoft Gamespy server, if you want to communicate with the others using Teamspeak 3, which is the default chat in our Gamespy server. But you can fly online with the AS Gamespy server, without Teamspeak. Have you tried to uninstall TS3 and then reinstalling? It often work, OR if not, then perhaps roll your computer back to, when TS3 worked.... Just suggesting.smile.gif

Squakwin is no longer needed. We used Squakwin before, when we used VAE as online provider, but now its only Gamespy and Teamspeak 3.

Have a nice online flight. wink.gif

all sorted now Ole thanks

James.

Your response has been moderated by me, according to the standard the board set, when we started out in January.If you want to response to a polite inquiry, do so in a polite manner, and try to answer the question. And yes there might be a similar question in the forum somewhere, but it would take you less time and word to just answer, or at least, in your response, to link to the post where the question might been answered. As it was, your response was not constructive at all, and therefore it was moderated.

The post from Starting a New Hobby/Problems.

TS3 is up and running and you are connected as of 09:45 (unless someone else is using your name). You do not require SquawkWin. Didn't try Gamespy but I would assume that it's up and running.

The only addition to the post that you felt fit to delete simply stated that there was no need to multi post across the board!! I wonder what you would have done if Snave had responded in a similar manner. I know dam well that the post would not have been deleted nor moderated.

I wonder what you would have done if Snave had responded in a similar manner. I know dam well that the post would not have been deleted nor moderated.

Not true James It´s not personal, just board policy. Sorry you feel that way, really.

Girls, enough of this! I just asked a simple question...I'm just a simple online pilot with not a lot of experience of how the technology works....YOU are the guys in the know...if a response was deemed inappropriate, fair play to Ole...James, I appreciate any feedback whatever it might be....so draw a line under it and move on...whatever happens, I will still be an unknowledgable idiot!!!!!

okay here's the deal...I'm fully connected to gamespy...fully connected to ts3, and the only person I see online is Me!.I have already asked in here is it something I'm doing wrong , or does nobody fly here now? James A suggests that I'm just unlucky, but its been 3 weeks now so I can't see that being plausible....I'll give it the weekend and if I don't see some kind of positive response I'm off back to Vatsim, where I can fly online with people, and Andras Field loses yet another valued member, and one who used to have so much fun

Hawkjets,

I was online yesterday evening and saw (though not heard) you on TS3. You were not on the gamespy server.

I don't know If I'll be online tonight, but probably wednesday evening and definately thursday evening (all from around 19:00-19:30 UTC+2).

If you are still having issues with gamespy from FSX, we'll talk via TS3 to get you up and running. Since FSX is contacting directly to the internet via gamespy, I suspect firewall(s) as the most likely cause, but we'll try to sort it out.

Toby