Aircraft Parking positions at GAP2 FSX EDDP Leipzig/Halle

scarebus

I have just installed the German Airports 2 package for FSX and at EDDP Leipzig/Halle all the DHL/cargo aircraft are parked at the passenger terminal which has pushed all other airlines to remote stands and there are no cargo aircraft parked at the DHL cargo side of the airport. I have checked in the Aerosoft AFD folder in FSX and their is a 'AF2_EDDP.BGL' file in the scenery folder. I do not know much about AFCADs so could someone help me and has anyone else had the same problem. I have checked through the FSX Scenery Support and can't find anything about this. Thx

I have just installed the German Airports 2 package for FSX and at EDDP Leipzig/Halle all the DHL/cargo aircraft are parked at the passenger terminal which has pushed all other airlines to remote stands and there are no cargo aircraft parked at the DHL cargo side of the airport. I have checked in the Aerosoft AFD folder in FSX and their is a 'AF2_EDDP.BGL' file in the scenery folder. I do not know much about AFCADs so could someone help me and has anyone else had the same problem. I have checked through the FSX Scenery Support and can't find anything about this. Thx

You could change where planes park by assigning them in there aircraft.cfg and then making specific parking, but you would need to research a little on whats needed and how to do this.

You could change where planes park by assigning them in there aircraft.cfg and then making specific parking, but you would need to research a little on whats needed and how to do this.

Hi Shaun

I already have the atc parking codes assigned in the aircraft.cfg, I think it is more an error with the AFCAD file. When I chose parking position 8 it set me up on the runway and a plane was parked on the grass to the side. Also in the gate list when choosing my planes' gate it only lists the gates at the passenger terminal and none are listed for the cargo area which I know has loads of parking because back when I was still using FS9 in the gate list there were loads of cargo positions at the DHL centre in addition to passenger gates. When I load the airport up all the AI aircraft are as if I have a duplicate AFCAD but I do not. Surely as a major DHL cargo hub one would expect to be able to choose a cargo stand, as it is there are only 3 cargo specific gates listed and they are at the passenger terminal. Surely the airport was not released like this so is there anything I can do?

Also in the AFD folder the afcad for EDDP is just 'AF2_EDDP.BGL' where as the other afcads for the other airport in GAP2 have 2 afcads, 1 for static aircraft and non static aircraft. Is there a reason why it is not the same for EDDP as when you install the package it asks if you want static aircraft?

Searching through the German speaking forum I found that it is a conflict with VFR Germany 4 which was released after GAP2 so I have now fixed the problem and I now have loads of DHL planes parked at the DHL center. Thx for replying to my shout for help Shaun ;)