Problem during African Airstrips Adventures install

Kihew

Hi Aerosoft,

I bought the Bush Hawk together with the african airstrips adventurs (AAA) and have already been able to install the bush hawk. But when I try to install the AAA it says Bush Hawk not found - and I really wanted to take advantage of the new liveries. Do you have any idea what could be wrong? I wasn't able to find other mentions to this problem on the forum.

Best regards! Rui

*EDIT*

I should add that I installed both Bush hawk and its update, which were bundled together in a zip file.

Well I went ahead and installed AAA and found out that despite the initial message the installer had recognized Bush Hawk after all. I had the Bush Hawk livery installed and no Maule liveries. So this problem is solved:).

Unfortunately my PC is too weak for FSX and the Hawk together so I decided to remove the Hawk until I upgrade my PC and use AAA with the Maule. Unninstalled AAA and then the Bush Hawk, restarted FS, reinstalled AAA and everything went ok, I now have a Maule in nice Zebra colours. I hope I created no issues by reinstalling AAA.

Warm regards everyone,

Rui

Hi Aerosoft,

I bought the Bush Hawk together with the african airstrips adventurs (AAA) and have already been able to install the bush hawk. But when I try to install the AAA it says Bush Hawk not found - and I really wanted to take advantage of the new liveries. Do you have any idea what could be wrong? I wasn't able to find other mentions to this problem on the forum.

Best regards! Rui

*EDIT*

I should add that I installed both Bush hawk and its update, which were bundled together in a zip file.

I remember this small bug in the installer, the Bush Hawk is recognized, even though the setup indicates the opposite.

If you have performance issues use the low poly model and medium resolution textures (use the Hawk's V1.10 tool for this).

But of course the Maule should do as well.

Thanks, I did install the low poly. That shows how outdated my system must be. But it was a risk I new I was taking. And the aircraft's a beauty, specially with all that aged and stained effects, by the way.

African Airstrips Adventures, on the other hand, has been working great for me and what a fantastic piece of software it is, very immersive (after only a few free flights and the introduction flight with former charlie 1). Let me congratulate Aerosoft and the software designers for this.

I'd like to add something about why I'm enjoying African Airstrips Adventures so much: around 1986 or 87, I was about 14 years old, I discovered the ZX Spectrum 48K and when by chance a pirate tape of a Psion Flight Simulator came into my possession I was hooked (and permanently, as I'm still here). There was no guns to shoot in this sim, no other aircraft to see. Ground scenery was dark blue, sky was cyan (but only when I was allowed to use the color TV to play), there were 2 or 3 runways, and I think two lakes - round lake and triangular lake. And of course, there was no side views, no external view, no ATC, no AI traffic, no clouds. Almost everything had to be imagined. And in my imagination I was flying in Africa making deliveries from one runway to the other. Where there was blue I saw the savanah and african forests, wildlife near the lakes, etc. Ever since that first flight simulator experience I think I've been wishing for an addon like AAA. Now the savanna's presence is seen and almost felt, I've flown over the flamingo colonies by the nakuru lake shore (and I think I even heard them!), spotted buffalo herds on simba taru plains, saw traditional villages and almost felt the taste of the red dusty earth in my mouth (some things still have to be imagined). So thank you, this is really a very special addon for me.

Warm regards,

I remember this small bug in the installer, the Bush Hawk is recognized, even though the setup indicates the opposite.

If you have performance issues use the low poly model and medium resolution textures (use the Hawk's V1.10 tool for this).

But of course the Maule should do as well.