New 'Real Germany' volumes

Magickthyse

Hi,

Is there any prospect of more volumes of Real Germany in the near future?

I have Bavaria, but I would also like to have coverage along the entire Swiss border and the ability to fly VFR from the Netherlands to Switzerland over Germany.

Regards

Jon

• Aerosoft
Hi,

Is there any prospect of more volumes of Real Germany in the near future?

I have Bavaria, but I would also like to have coverage along the entire Swiss border and the ability to fly VFR from the Netherlands to Switzerland over Germany.

Regards

Jon

Yes, but there wil be no announcement before we have at least an idea of a date, contracts etc.

• 7 months later...

Has there been any development on this issue? I own the first three and think they are great - but there are plenty of "white areas" still to cover and I would like to know if the next volume is already planned and - if you can tell - which area it covers (I remember a map in one of the first boxes but that is old...) and if you have a clue about getting it on the market...

Andreas

• 1 month later...

Well, it looks like I will not get an answer to this one - it is a bit disappointing that aerosoft is publishing large sceneries in multiple packages (understandable) but then fails to deliver the components in time - it is anoying to see that large areas of Germany are still not covered although the initial product is now several years old - others (MegaScenery) are much better in pushing out the different bits of their series in time...

Andreas

Well, it looks like I will not get an answer to this one - it is a bit disappointing that aerosoft is publishing large sceneries in multiple packages (understandable) but then fails to deliver the components in time - it is anoying to see that large areas of Germany are still not covered although the initial product is now several years old - others (MegaScenery) are much better in pushing out the different bits of their series in time...

Andreas

What timetables are you talking about. Aerosoft said they were looking into it. Even Megascenery doen't work on a timetable. Sceneries are released when they are ready and no sooner. :?

What timetables are you talking about. Aerosoft said they were looking into it. Even Megascenery doen't work on a timetable. Sceneries are released when they are ready and no sooner. :?

Well, the very first (and the second and third) volume contained a vague sentence in the introduction saying that in the "following years" the scenery would be completed - subject to availability of the aerial photos - and from the initial version on it says "the whole of Germany will be covered with real aerial picture scenery for FS2004" - although I admit that "in the following years" is rather obscure the wording "for FS2004" strongly suggests a time frame of "following years" being three or four years - having started in 2003 and now being in 2006 and with only three volumes out, I am afraid we will not even see "the whole of Germany" covered in FSX :(

On the topic of "availability" I did check the home page of the source for the aerial photos (http://www.geocontent.de) - you will see on their coverage section (http://www.dlkviewer.de/) very well that large areas of Germany are already available... so that should not be the problem, maybe there is another one (cost, resources, etc.)...

I guess what I am asking for is some update on the progress of the project as a whole - if it does not get off the ground, at least those that are interested know to start looking for other sceneries (yes, of less quality!) BUT no information at all is a bit anoying.

And as for Megascenery: they do not release on timetable and that is actually not what I am critiziging here - but they do have a very informative website that tells you about their progress!

Well, I guess, that's enough for the day ;)

Andreas

Well, the very first (and the second and third) volume contained a vague sentence in the introduction saying that in the "following years" the scenery would be completed - subject to availability of the aerial photos - and from the initial version on it says "the whole of Germany will be covered with real aerial picture scenery for FS2004" - although I admit that "in the following years" is rather obscure the wording "for FS2004" strongly suggests a time frame of "following years" being three or four years - having started in 2003 and now being in 2006 and with only three volumes out, I am afraid we will not even see "the whole of Germany" covered in FSX :(

On the topic of "availability" I did check the home page of the source for the aerial photos (http://www.geocontent.de) - you will see on their coverage section (http://www.dlkviewer.de/) very well that large areas of Germany are already available... so that should not be the problem, maybe there is another one (cost, resources, etc.)...

I guess what I am asking for is some update on the progress of the project as a whole - if it does not get off the ground, at least those that are interested know to start looking for other sceneries (yes, of less quality!) BUT no information at all is a bit anoying.

And as for Megascenery: they do not release on timetable and that is actually not what I am critiziging here - but they do have a very informative website that tells you about their progress!

Well, I guess, that's enough for the day ;)

Andreas

Obviously you don't know the logistics behind producing a scenery like this. The imagery for these types of scenery is not cheap. As for Megascenery having a website that tells about their progress... what is their next scenery?

If you don't like Aerosoft's progress or choice of areas then you always have to option to do them yourself....I did.

Obviously you don't know the logistics behind producing a scenery like this.

Ah... just because I have a different opinion than you do, I don' know...

The imagery for these types of scenery is not cheap.

Really? Well, I guess if it would, I probably WOULD have done it myself... I did some for my closer neighborhood but as you said: the images are difficult and expensive to obtain for a single person...

As for Megascenery having a website that tells about their progress... what is their next scenery?

This one goes to you - currently no information...

If you don't like Aerosoft's progress or choice of areas then you always have to option to do them yourself....I did.

See above - I tell you what: as far as I remember, I did ask for some information which I think from a customer side of things this is OK - I did not say that aerosoft sucks (it does not), I did not say I disliked the product (which I don't) but I did say I dislike the information policy behind it...

But hey, you are free to disagree...

Andreas

Rereading my last post I realise that it may seem like an attack. I'm sorry that wasn't my intention. But understand this from a business point of view. Aerosoft and other companies tell it's customers about upcoming projects as a courtesy and for promotional reasons. When you as the customer start demanding information or start prying into their business practices then you are going too far. Remember, they don't have to tell us anything. And until they take your money they owe you and I nothing. I'm not saying that you don't know anything but instead that you my be overstepping your bounds. If you really want to know what's going on and try to drive some of the decisions that get made at Aerosoft I suggest that you try to get in on the Focus Group. It sounds like a great opportunity to try to get those projects that you're speaking about looked at more seriously.

Rereading my last post I realise that it may seem like an attack. I'm sorry that wasn't my intention.

No offense taken, Dan - I see and accept your point - I keep mine, however.

I've been working for software companies for tha majority of the last decade and you are right, we would not agree to functionality and/or dates - however, we tried to keep our customers - existing and potentials - informed about our situation, especially on long running projects... anyway, let's settle this for now :)

Andreas

PS: I have been visiting your website - I came across the Tucson scenery a while ago but did not get me a copy just yet - however, I will now, especially since my wife any myself are going to travel the area later this year... I sure hope you did include an eMail address in the readme so I can drop of a comment or two - the screenshots look great!