Photo challenge (closes Sept 1st!)

• Aerosoft

As you might have seen we are working on some pages to assist newcomers to the great hobby of flight simulation. You see, as we all grew with the hobby it is easy to forget how we started and how complex it all seemed. One of the things we like to do is to show how add-ons changes the simulator to something far better then the product itself. And what better way to do so then with images.

So here is a challenge: Find a real aviation image, then replicate that with standard sim (X-Plane, FSX. FS2004) and with the sim + add-ons. Try to get the images as close as possible. Of course we prefer it if you would use any of the products we sell, but that's not a prerequisite. If we use your image we'll get you some free products. The image need to be 768 pixels high, width does not matter. If the original photo does not contain a copyright notice (like mine does) do mention where you got it!

Here is an example:

post-43-0-17697500-1310636179.jpg

• Deputy Sheriffs

Mathijs, this is a verny nice idea, but I can see one problem:

It will be easy to find a lot of real aviation images we can replicate. But even if they are available over the web, I don't think that we/you are allowed to use them on your commercial website for free, due to copyright rules. :unsure:

• Aerosoft

Mathijs, this is a verny nice idea, but I can see one problem:

It will be easy to find a lot of real aviation images we can replicate. But even if they are available over the web, I don't think that we/you are allowed to use them on your commercial website for free, due to copyright rules. :unsure:

As long as you make clear where they come from it should not a major problem. I mean, Airliners.net even gives you the link to copy!

Nice one, but we prefer stuff that has the same in default FS so the whole idea of add-ons versus default sim is shown.

But it's amazing how close we are, isn't it?

Ah, right. I somehow missed that big bold sentence at the top! Whoops!

Hi Mathijs, wasn't sure if I'm allowed another go, but thought I'd post this seeing as I'd messed the first one up anyway! Hope it's alright, feel free to remove it if not!

Chris

post-30393-0-31785500-1310852307.jpg

• Aerosoft

Hi Mathijs, wasn't sure if I'm allowed another go, but thought I'd post this seeing as I'd messed the first one up anyway! Hope it's alright, feel free to remove it if not!

Chris

Nice one!! And feel free to make as much as you like!

• Aerosoft

Here's a quick one from me, the original picture was shot by me as well. I couldn't match the exact angle without losing airport detail (buildings disappearing and stuff like that) but I tried to get as close as possible. The stock FSX image still uses GEX unfortunately, I can't simply switch it off due to the fact that I forgot to make a backup when I installed it :P.

Nice one! And a clear example that GEX does not always makes things better. Default FSX is far more realistic in that region.

Wow, that Helgoland X add-on is a huge improvement in comparison to that sand plate that they put in the default scenery :). Here's another one from me, from the Balaeric Islands series...Menorca.

post-37477-0-71244000-1311269640.jpg

And here is the mine. I've not FOUND a reallife pic, i made it by myself in 2008- midfield crossing EDDF. This impressions were the initial startup for me to buy and install FSX, and this means to buy more and more Addons, OK Aerosoft you also want to live :lol:!

EDDF; MAP EDDF; FSX Standard

post-25540-0-50504900-1311273363.jpg