AES 2.12 / EGBB v2

Oliver

I waited for 2.12 to be released before buying UK 2000 V2. Of course I cannot run both so switched off AES activation for V1 removed scenery area and uninstalled EGBB V1. Installed V2 and went to AES Help to activate only to see that V1 still there but switched off and offering me demo on V2.

Having done something similar with Manchester I thought it would be straightforward . Surely I don't have to buy credits again?

Martin Madden ( madair)

Surely I don't have to buy credits again?

Hello, Martin!

The release note for AES 2.12 says:

'Two Airports are new Version of older Products, like Birmingham of UK2000 or Denver of ImagineSim, which are now supported by AES too. As in such cases, Users with activations of the older Version gets an Update reduction for the Credits need for the new Versions'

So, I would interpret it like that: you do have to assign credits but at a reduced number if you used an activated older version.

Thanks Rafal

I see I was credited with 1 credit and had to use one of my unused credits and all is well. Given that EGBB V2 has significant changes I can see the justification for this.

Whilst I would have gone with V2 and updated AES anyway, what I did not appreciate, based upon previous experience, is that V1 remained available in AES help. Previously I found that the updated AES, reported to recognise the new version, conflicted with a former version of the airport scenery. I hope I am making myself clear here. As it is AES still recognises V1 and I think that is how it should be. I held off updating to AES2.12 until I could do both together.

Why I say all this is Oliver has previously sated that if you don't keep the up to date AES version installed it will not be supported.

Martin Madden (Madair)

• Developer

There are two different ways of Updates:

- When a Scenery is updated to a newer version for free by he developer, AES can upgrade his support to the new version by not supporting the old one anymore, as every user is able to switch to the new version without costs.

- When the Scenery is updated to a new products with update costs, like by UK2000, AES will keep the old version availabe, because not every user will buy the new produkt. Then AES will add the new Version as new Airportentry and if possible, there will be a discount for Users who had activated the old version before, even when new Version will be a complete new development in AES.