Norton Antivirus and AES212

• Aerosoft

There is one PC Windows security products that our support staff hates and that's Norton. Right now it might tell you that AEShelp (as part of the latest AES 2.12 version) is a potential threat to your system.

Of course this is a false positive and there is no problem. But Norton has a large history of causing these issues with software from smaller companies. Even worse, when we complain they say it is inevitable, the choice of the users and they got to err on the side of caution. They 'might' remove the issue in the next definition files. In contrast, other producers are quick to react, they often apologize to us. So if you use Norton and see this:

post-43-0-12828500-1310556757.png

Ignore it and let Norton know they are wrong. If you want our advise on anti viral software, take a look at Microsoft Security Essentials. It's free, offers more then enough protection, has a very low impact on your system and we never had any issue with it.

If you have the latest version of Norton like me, Norton does not tell you it detected a virus. As soon as you click on an installer or program it thinks is a virus, it deletes the program off the system with no prompt the second you click. Just gone. So if you have this issue, disable Norton BEFORE running AES every time you need it. Bloody hell...

I had this issue and was ready to yell at ol Oliver about a bug in AES, then I remembered this happened with my Lionheart Aerospool... Everytime I launched the installer it uninstalled, just dissapeared...

If you have the latest version of Norton like me, Norton does not tell you it detected a virus. As soon as you click on an installer or program it thinks is a virus, it deletes the program off the system with no prompt the second you click. Just gone. So if you have this issue, disable Norton BEFORE running AES every time you need it. Bloody hell...

I had this issue and was ready to yell at ol Oliver about a bug in AES, then I remembered this happened with my Lionheart Aerospool... Everytime I launched the installer it uninstalled, just dissapeared...

I had this problem too. If you click on options it will give you a window where you can tell norton to restore the file and ignore it.