Yekaterinburg X Preview (product released, topic closed)

• Aerosoft

I am glad to announce a new project for FSX and FS2004, Yekaterinburg X. While this city might not be the most popular destination for flightsimmers we have seen a great increase in people who take off in Western Europe and head east. And at the same time we get an ever growing amount of customers in central and eastern Europe. You will see this in more products and soon in the form of a complete Russian section in our websites!

Yekaterinburg X will be available this fall for FSX and FS2004. It's a high end fully featured scenery project. The images below show an late alpha version, where a lot of small items are still missing.

post-43-0-27659100-1310475421.jpg

post-43-0-15718700-1310475424.jpg

post-43-0-47952500-1310475427.jpg

post-43-0-18063100-1310475431.jpg

post-43-0-01605100-1310475435.jpg

post-43-0-47423000-1310475438.jpg

post-43-0-98784400-1310475441.jpg

post-43-0-15442900-1310475446.jpg

post-43-0-05441500-1310475449.jpg

post-43-0-61405700-1310475451.jpg

post-43-0-26297200-1310475467.jpg

post-43-0-81862700-1310475470.jpg

post-43-0-71518400-1310475474.jpg

post-43-0-21756900-1310475477.jpg

• Upvote 6

• Aerosoft

Can we have a word on the developer/team in charge of the project, Mathijs ?

Some pictures look so real ??!!

Dom Mason

Sure! It's a developer we have not worked with before and I am the project manager for Aerosoft (so for now a very small team).

I'll ask if the developer himself can join us in the forums. I agree that the images have an eerie realistic look, amazing detail!

• Aerosoft

I`m waiting for Domodedovo and Sheremetevo, would you like to do that airports?

Main problem for all Russian airports is that it is near impossible to get access for the photo shoot, but w'll see, for now this is the only Russian airport on our list.

I so a long time it stings, at last!

Don't stop, we wait for release. Still it would be desirable to see in your execution the airports of Moscow Region (UUDD, UUEE, UUWW).

good luck!

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

I don't do this often, but I'm the one who doesn't like the (not the airport looks itself) but geographic location!

Just my opinion

And a good comment.

But keep in mind that it is in these markets that aviation is growing. Yekaterinburg serves a city of 2 million people, grows faster then any European airport and many major airlines fly there now. Many people just do not realize the speed of expansion in these markets. Peking will have the busiest airport in the world in 2012 (if not late 2011). And we see our customer numbers growing from these areas on a daily base.

i'm sorry but i will not buy this scenery,

for the geographic location, I'm very very disappointed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why there is not Italian scenery ? More people want italian Scenery than Russian scenery i think

or summer destination as Iraklion ? Bodrum ? marrackeh ? hurghada ? Ajjacio Corse ? Olbia ?

However i will buy Corfu and ( Athens by fly tampa ) !!!

About malaga no news from simwings ?

Thanks so much

• Upvote 1

Thank you so much!

Very good news :rolleyes:

Aerosoft I hope will continue focus on Eastern Europe.

And about the opinion about we need Hurghada, Ajaccio, etc. - see the link avsim.su/forum - 55 thousand registered users.

So many wonderful and beautiful sceneries (free). A lot of flight simmers.

Dont forget Russia is a biggest country and in future it will come a big market.

A lot of people want to see a scenaries of Moscow Sheremetyevo, Domodedovo and Vnukovo.

And many ready to pay for it.

Thank you!

Excellent! I love both the idea and the screenshots.

I am very happy Aerosoft has finally decided to start marching East. thumbsup2.gif

Now I also understand why my AES support request for the also excellent freeware USSS scenery has never been listened to.

Peking will have the busiest airport in the world

Mathijs, I hopefully take it as an unofficial preannouncement... ;)

More people want italian Scenery than Russian scenery i think

Pardon me? Have you made a survey on that?

I, for instance, want both, and it makes me very happy.

A lot of people want to see a scenaries of Moscow Sheremetyevo, Domodedovo and Vnukovo. And many ready to pay for it.

You bet, Konstantin! :)

• Upvote 1

It is very glad to occurrence of this scenary. Was transit at this airport last year. Has pleasantly surprised the modern kind of the airport, the developed infrastructure of the airport. Ekaterinburg is the centre of industrial Ural, region where there was the large-scale industry in Russia. I had to take off from this airport on ATR 42 for Khanty-Mansiysk. In Russia Koltsovo is planned to make one of the basic airports.I look forward this airport, I think isn't lonely in this opinion. I use the scene of 2006, I like to do landings at this airport! :rolleyes:

This is a great surprise! The VA I belong to has twice weekly cargo flights Zurich to Yekaterinburg via Nizhny Novgorod. There are reasonably good freeware sceneries available for both. And now a high quality payware! This is great thank you. :)

<br /><br />

<br />

And a good comment.<br />

<br />

But keep in mind that it is in these markets that aviation is growing. Yekaterinburg serves a city of 2 million people, grows faster then any European airport and many major airlines fly there now. Many people just do not realize the speed of expansion in these markets. <b>Peking will have the busiest airport in the world in 2012</b> (if not late 2011). And we see our customer numbers growing from these areas on a daily base.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Look at all the orders the Chinese have placed for aircraft based on news reports. China isn't playing around.

Paul

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leah airport vicinities will be shown? What cost of this product will be? It would be remarkable if Aerosoft will reflect to create airports Vnukovo Domodedovo. I modestly am silent about Minsk....:)

Sure! It's a developer we have not worked with before and I am the project manager for Aerosoft (so for now a very small team).

I'll ask if the developer himself can join us in the forums. I agree that the images have an eerie realistic look, amazing detail!

Is he related to the "Tolmachevo team"? They already did a good USSS scenery for FS2004, but I'm very happy that this one is coming for FSX as well. Allthough I still hope that you'll be able to do some Moscow airports and maybe also Novosibirsk, St. Petersburg and Almaty in KZ.

I don't do this often, but I'm the one who doesn't like the (not the airport looks itself) but geographic location!

Just my opinion

Personally, I do not like the typical flight to the grill-beach in Greece, Spain, Turkey, Egypt or whatever but I prefer flights to the east...

Oh my flippin' god, wow! Never, ever, expected this. I'll probably buy it, even if it ends up just being a way to give support to the developer. We need much more Russian sceneries and therefor I'm glad to hear the market there is expanding. I personally don't really like the South European, or other of those very warm beach destinations, for reasons even I am not quite sure of. The only exception to this is Tel Aviv, which is mainly due to nostalgia.

By the way, for those wanting a UUWW scenery, there is one available for FSX, by alfaFly: http://alfafly.com/f...ovo_mailin.html I have it myself and it's pretty nice, beats any other scenery for it anyway.

• Aerosoft

i'm sorry but i will not buy this scenery,

for the geographic location, I'm very very disappointed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why there is not Italian scenery ? More people want italian Scenery than Russian scenery i think

or summer destination as Iraklion ? Bodrum ? marrackeh ? hurghada ? Ajjacio Corse ? Olbia ?

However i will buy Corfu and ( Athens by fly tampa ) !!!

About malaga no news from simwings ?

Thanks so much

Bizzy, all good comments, but I think you missed one of my posts here. We did not start this project, it was offered to us. You think I should have refused it because Italian airports would be more welcome?

And I have stated many time what the problems are for Italian projects:

• Rampant piracy
  • Very hard to get access to the airports to do our research
  • Hardly any access to retail for boxed copies

Now, let's not discuss other airports, this is a topic about an exiting new project, not about what we would like to do. If you feel you got some suggestions you can always use our special topic for that.