Piper Cheyenne Auto Pilot issues in FS9

Bill721

Ok I just purchased the box edition of the Piper PA-31T Cheyenne. I'm having issues the Auto pilot:

1. I can't engage the autopilot without first selecting some function like FD or HDG etc. Once I click on one of them the auto pilot will turn on.

2. The Trim up and down won't work unles I first put it in ILS mode. In Nav mode it doesn't work. If I put it in ILS mode use trim up and down and then switch to NAV it seems to work.

Everything works fine in FSX but not in FS9.

Is there an update for FS9 for the box edition?

Windows 7 ultimate.

Shaun, thank you for the reply. I got the boxed version of the Cheyenne from Aerosoft, and for FS9 it is version V3.40 and for FSX V1.01. I looked for an update link in the forms but couldn't find one for boxed versions just download ones. I tried to register my product with Aerosoft and the Piper wasn't listed as a product I can register? If you could please help with further instructions I would sure appreciate it.

Bill

Hello Bill,

There both listed as Piper Cheyenne and Pipe Cheyenne FSX.

It says the following on each.

Box/CD-Version:

Owners of the Piper Cheyenne (Box/CD-Version) will get the full new version via the link on the bottom of this page. Please keep your serial number ready.

If you have trouble registering then you need to write to support@aerosoft.com with your products that your having trouble registering and your logging in E-mail/Username to the Updates Section.

I figured it out. under the main dropdown the Cheyenne isn't listed. You have to click the link below.

Do you want to register another product?

I thought that link was for adding another product after you registered the first one using the drop down.

Thank you for the help. I got Version 4.0

I still must select an Auto Pilot item before I can turn on the auto pilot but it is the same on both FSX and FX9 so I guess it is just the proceedure you must follow. I really like the Cheyenne a lot.

Bill.

I figured it out. under the main dropdown the Cheyenne isn't listed. You have to click the link below.

Do you want to register another product?

I thought that link was for adding another product after you registered the first one using the drop down.

Thank you for the help. I got Version 4.0

I still must select an Auto Pilot item before I can turn on the auto pilot but it is the same on both FSX and FX9 so I guess it is just the proceedure you must follow. I really like the Cheyenne a lot.

Bill.

Hello Bill,

It would seem like the norm because what would be the point of selecting AP if nothing was being used by it.