only reversed thrust in outside view

Swordfish

Hi,

Finally I got my Saitek Throttle Quadrant working with Airbus X, but I still have one very very strange problem:

The reversed thrust only works with the outside view?????

When i'm in cockpit view and bring back the thrust levers to "reversed mode" nothing happens, but then after changing the view in for example outside view or aircraft view (and don't change any trust setting) the reversed thrust get's activated.

I don't understand this.

can somebody please help me?

Hi,

Finally I got my Saitek Throttle Quadrant working with Airbus X, but I still have one very very strange problem:

The reversed thrust only works with the outside view?????

When i'm in cockpit view and bring back the thrust levers to "reversed mode" nothing happens, but then after changing the view in for example outside view or aircraft view (and don't change any trust setting) the reversed thrust get's activated.

I don't understand this.

can somebody please help me?

What happens if you land and press F1 and then F2 does it reverse using the keys in the cockpit.

What happens if you land and press F1 and then F2 does it reverse using the keys in the cockpit.

Hi Shaun,

When I use the F2 key in the cockpit everything works normally.

The strange thing is, when I go to reverse in VC (with my throttle quadrant), nothing happens, but then if I change the view in for example outside view, suddenly the reverse thrust gets activated.

It looks like the command is not given in VC or something???

Hi Shaun,

When I use the F2 key in the cockpit everything works normally.

The strange thing is, when I go to reverse in VC (with my throttle quadrant), nothing happens, but then if I change the view in for example outside view, suddenly the reverse thrust gets activated.

It looks like the command is not given in VC or something???

It must be if the F2 key works as this is the deafult key used for reverse in FSX.

Maybe something strange going on with your setup regarding your hardware and software.

I don't think that it has something to do with my hardware. Because with all other add-on planes or even the default planes it works perfectly.

I think it has something to do with the Airbus X not working proberly or not working with the saitek hardware. I think they are just not compatible.

It took me more than three hours and reading a lot in the forum to just get the throttles working with Airbus X.

That's not normal for a add-on that is designed for pilots that do not want the system depth like other add-on products offer.

EDIT: I figured out that it works OK when I'm in MCDU view, ECAM view, PEDESTAL view, OVERHEAD PANEL view and every exterior view, but not in for example Virtual Cockpit and Jump Seat view.

(It is difficult to land a plane in those views that do work !?!?!?)

Can somebody explain this ???????????????????????

I don't think that it has something to do with my hardware. Because with all other add-on planes or even the default planes it works perfectly.

I think it has something to do with the Airbus X not working proberly or not working with the saitek hardware. I think they are just not compatible.

It took me more than three hours and reading a lot in the forum to just get the throttles working with Airbus X.

That's not normal for a add-on that is designed for pilots that do not want the system depth like other add-on products offer.

EDIT: I figured out that it works OK when I'm in MCDU view, ECAM view, PEDESTAL view, OVERHEAD PANEL view and every exterior view, but not in for example Virtual Cockpit and Jump Seat view.

(It is difficult to land a plane in those views that do work !?!?!?)

Can somebody explain this ???????????????????????

I have to agree that its very strange that this is happening, but it doesn't seem to be a common problem.

Hello Shaun,

Yes, this is really an uncommon problem.

I have read some things in the forum about these scripts for FSUIPC to set up the Saitek Throttle Quadrant.

Now I don't have a registered version of FSUIPC, do you think it will work when I register FSUIPC and install these scripts mentioned in the forum?

(in another threat you said that FSUIPC is not necessary to use the Saitek Throttle hardware with Airbus X)

Does somebody else maybe use these Saitek hardware? and doesn't have these problems I have?

Thanks,

Hello Swordfish,

To be honest as it means laying down money I couldn't be sure if it would, but you may want to ask on the Airbus Connects Forum if that what your referring too as the person who does the scripts may be able to give you an answer on this.Just link it to the posts here.