PFE Communication

MarcoK

Hi,

I did successfully install the PFE how it was described in the Tutorial http://www.youtube.c...h?v=JIsiU6uz_v0

Then I did successfully rebuild the PFE Database like described in the Tutorial http://www.youtube.c...?v=IdZEfIua4p8

After all I could successfully create an ADV Flight File like described in http://www.youtube.c...h?v=LNDzivPCFoc

I have not installed the TGS Gauge. I am not sure is it really needed.

- I open FSX and chose the Plane and set me to the departure airport what I have created in the PFE.

- Then I click on PFE "Connect to FS"

- I see that the PFE is initializing in the FSX (On the left top side is it showing in red fonts)

But I couldn't communicate to the PFE-ATC yet. I chose the correct frequency but there is nothing doing.

When I open the ATC from FSX itself. There it is everything working. But the voice is not from the PFE.

Do I have to call the PFE-ATC with my voice ? Do I have to call them with a Key ? How I do it ? If there is an manual what is describing how to do it, where I find it ?

Regards

Marco

Look in the manual for a section called "PF2K Commands" there you will find a 4 page list of key commands that you must use. Forget about the default ATC menu system, it is not used with PFE at all. I suggest you go through the tutorial a few times until you become accustomed to the way PFE works.

Those keys are also printed at the very end of the document named "proflight 2000 emulator.pdf", oh and also there is another document called "ProFlight 2000 Commands.htm" which will open a page in your web browser that will also repeat this list of commands.

Finally there is a little program called "PFE_Display.exe" in the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Aerosoft\PFE\pfe_displayer" which will dynamically update as you change frequency which will show you which commands are available to you at that time. Create a shortcut on your desktop/taskbar or start menu to this little program to run it more easily the next time you wish to use it.

Hi Andy,

I tried this. But when I press Ctrl + Shift + 0

I hear there nothing. It is like that this key combination is not working.

- - - - -

PFE Default settings require you to use the Ctrl+Shift+ key combination together with one of the keys listed below EXCEPT

for keys 0 thru 9 and the ROGER key, which only require a single keypress. Eg. For Virtual Co-Pilot mode use Ctrl+Shift+V

but for Initial Check In you only need to use the zero key and to Roger an ATC call you only need to use the ‚\‘ key

- - - - -

In this case when I want to get a clearance then I just should push the button 0. But there is no reaction.

Try pressing the number keys above your keyboard (not the number pad to the right) on there own, I don't think C/S is used with those anymore. The only key that wouldn't work for me was the roger key and I used the key assignment program to change that to the \ key on its own. At some point later I changed one or two other assignments for my own preference, I think I changed the change runway command to C/S + R

Do make sure you are up to date though, you should be at version 2.14.0

Alright. I will check it tonight.

I used the top of the numbers. I also will try to change the assignments.

Do I have to change something in the settings of the PFE ? Could be there something what could stop it to work me ?