Design competition

Your chance to make a big footprint in Andras Field.

We are - FINALLY - going to make the VA terminal, and perhaps YOU can be the one to design it.

Make a VA terminal. sketch it, make it in 3D, whatever, but it needs to be something Andras can use to work with.

We are going to look at all the suggestions, and perhaps YOUR design will be the one ending up in Airfield.

Send your suggestions to me.

airport@andrasfield.com

Any deadlines for this? Any sort of brief?

Ian...

Forgot the timeframe... You have 10 days from NOW! Please send suggestions to me. After 10 days Ill post them here (but don´t do so, as I dont want people to "steal" ideas from others...

The location will be as in this picture, so you have the area in the red rectangle to fill with ideas...

VA%252520terminal%252520location.png

Here is a (bad) sketch as a suggestion - one that I made. I have no architectural skills, and no 3D computer designing kills, so I simply made a drawing in Paint. Only to give you one way of thinking...

VA%252520terminal.png

And now the floor is yours guys. Dance away...

Nice idea Ole. Just a few observations I picked up on with the area you show for the terminal, see attached....

post-12981-0-84495200-1310155453.png

You will notice that there is not much room for Parking! Therefore, I've added a couple of suggestions for you to look at and ponder over.

Nice idea Ole. Just a few observations I picked up on with the area you show for the terminal, see attached....

post-12981-0-84495200-1310155453.png

You will notice that there is not much room for Parking! Therefore, I've added a couple of suggestions for you to look at and ponder over.

Great James... All that tedious stuff, like aprons, taxiways and all, I´ll leave to Andras. I only tried to show area and approximated size for the VA terminal. Your ideas will go to Andras also. smile.gif

Sorry, due to work and theatre commitments I've been pretty well offline for a while. I have sketched something on a bit of scrap paper; I will try and find the time to tidy it up in Paint or similar.

• 3 weeks later...

So, back from vacation, so didn't see this one in time. But cool idea!

So, back from vacation, so didn't see this one in time. But cool idea!

Toby... I have been on vacation also, so I havent closed the competition yet, so if you have any entries, I give you (and everyone else also) 72 hours from now to do it.

Friday August 5.th at 5 PM Andras Field time, this competition will close.

Well considering all the money I just spent in Italy, the NGX will be posponed a little for me... And that might be the case for others too. LOL - so Ill leave it running ´till Friday. But thanks for the heads up. The ´737 is going to be amazing.

Ole, PM to you with my design attached. I ran out of time to get it properly drawn up in Paint Shop or anything else, so I just inked over my original pencil sketch. Any queries, let me know.

Edit: not PM, email as instructed above...read the rules, doh!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay.

Andras is making the terminal right now. "Any time soon" is what he said, so I am as eager to see the result as you all are. More on this important situation - as it develops.

You are a tease! :lol:

• 2 months later...

Ian....

I am so sorry. I made a competition, and you won it. And I didn´t even mention it here. Please forgive me. The decision was not hard to make, but about 7.000 things complicated the actually building of version 1.20 with the Terminal in it.

But you deserve credit for your work of course, so here it is.

Ladies and Gentlemen

With the introduction of the Andras Meridian Virtual Airlines Terminal in Andras Field, we have provided a home base for our VA.

The fine VA terminal was designed by Ian Pearse. Congratulations to Ian on his wonderful design,

and Welcome to everyone who lands in Andras Field. Come and visit our Terminal.

No worries Ole, I was chuffed to see the terminal when I downloaded the update. I've done my first flight out in the C206 and the passengers were very impressed. Apparently, the coffee in the restaurant on the second floor is very good, especially mixed with the view from the gallery over the field. :cool3_s: