Airbus X CDT

01pewterz28

I have been having some problems with the Airbus X for a while now this is the only aircraft I am having issues with with any crashing and especially this crashing. The CDT will occur after I choose the aircraft up to the time of loading.

I am using the following aircraft with NO issues (PMDG 747X, LDS 767X, Quality Sim 757, Captain Sim 777, and ifly 737 none of these aircraft cause a CDT. I am at a loss as to why it's just the Airbus X that causes this CDT I have installed several UAL liveries and ONLY 2 will not cause the CDT

I have read this but to no avail again it's cetrtain liveries. http://www.simforums...topic29041.html

Re-paint by ual1819

Attached File(s)

&

UALN440UA UAL/CO Merger colors

All others just cause the CDT when loading.

Any ideas on this fustrating issue.

Thank you

Sean

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61472.0

Application Timestamp: 475e17d3

Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18538

Fault Module Timestamp: 4cb733e1

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0002aa22

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

LCID: 1033

Read our privacy statement:

http://go.microsoft....63&clcid=0x0409

Hi. Have you tried loading your flight and then selecting Airbus X. This usually solves the issue.

When ending a flight FSX may CDT; this is a known issue.

Chris

I can confirm Chris's suggestion. Actually I am absolutely amazed that this failure has not been sorted and as customers we still have not had a fix for this. With my setup, not only will it CTD at the end of a flight, but I can't even change aircraft once I have completed a flight!

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

Actually I am absolutely amazed that this failure has not been sorted and as customers we still have not had a fix for this.

Yes, this is somehow crazy. As the developer already stated many month ago, they checked the code many times from different sides and nothing was wrong with it. Also, many others (like me with about 60 flights with the Airbus) never experienced this CTD. They even couldn't nail down the problem to a certain combination of settings/software combinations or whatever. And that's the reason why there is no fix at the moment. They hope that the problem might get solved with v2.

Not really satisfying for those seeing theses CTDs, but that's it for the moment.

Yes, this is somehow crazy. As the developer already stated many month ago, they checked the code many times from different sides and nothing was wrong with it. Also, many others (like me with about 60 flights with the Airbus) never experienced this CTD. They even couldn't nail down the problem to a certain combination of settings/software combinations or whatever. And that's the reason why there is no fix at the moment. They hope that the problem might get solved with v2.

Not really satisfying for those seeing theses CTDs, but that's it for the moment.

You're right Otto, very frustrating for those who are affected, but also very strange that some encounter the problem while others have no experience of it.

Thanks so far a fellow simmer sent me a fix I tried it (he will be posting his fix on the forum) that so far has worked after two completed flights and loading any Airbus X aircraft I did a flight from LAX-LAS and LAS-SFO.

I will continue to test it and see if and CDT's appear.

Sean

Thanks guys for testing. Here it is for the rest of you. (Seems to prevent the CTD at shut down)

open the dll file in the hiden FSX folder

(How to locate the hiden folders whit dll)

Go search in the windows menu for RUN then it finds it. press it and type this %appdata% press enter . Then a folder opens go to the following location ->Microsoft ->FSX then you are there

and open the dll.xml whit default text editor program as notepad ? to do so right click on the dll.xml file and say open whit then the notepad.

Then make a backup and after that open the file and look for this:

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>GPS Module</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>Modules\GPSModule.dll</Path>

<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>

<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>

</Launch.Addon>

then remove the lines here:

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>

Then it should look like this:

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>GPS Module</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Path>Modules\GPSModule.dll</Path>

<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>

</Launch.Addon>

And then save. shut down the pc. When Pc running again start FSX hope it would prevent the crash, as it did for the guys that have tested so far.

Have a nice flight

• Upvote 1

Thanks so far a fellow simmer sent me a fix I tried it (he will be posting his fix on the forum) that so far has worked after two completed flights and loading any Airbus X aircraft I did a flight from LAX-LAS and LAS-SFO.

I will continue to test it and see if and CDT's appear.

Sean

Sure, I can confirm as one of the testers. Loaded the Airbus with six flights, changed aircraft in flight and back again, changed aircraft on the ground and changed back, closed down a flight to start a new one with no CTD on any of the tests. It looks like Kaptejnln may have found a solution that has been a pain in the ass for so many of us for so long, well done mate. I wil continue to check out this post to follow others' experiences. Many thanks for all your hard work in discovering, what seems to be, a fix.

I've tried, not CDT But!

That is not a solution because if you do this, then you can not use MCDU. can no flight plan load and/or perf configuration setting. I see only 0. in the input field of the MCDU. Further, the MCDU never responds.

• Upvote 1

I've tried, not CDT But!

That is not a solution because if you do this, then you can not use MCDU. can no flight plan load and/or perf configuration setting. I see only 0. in the input field of the MCDU. Further, the MCDU never responds.

I got the exact error on the fmc ( 0.)

I see after i tryeid to reinstall it again i got the same error, sorry guys. so i canĀ“t do more as it seems to be becaus of the files cant be changesed as that would result in the mcdu error (.0) seems to be a way to protect the software but also make it imposible for me to try fix it.

XML can be unstable even if the programing is theoratically correct. It can be fixed by slowly debuging ,removing components and after finding the problem component and rewrite the logic. However, the GPS_module.dll is closed source though the MCDU programing can be modified. But I dun thing the problem is with the MCDU but with the GPS module. From what I see Airbus V2 should fix it.