My Alternative to Aerosoft FBW v0.8f2 - NO FSUIPC

Joshua Che.

Can you tell something about the need of a registered FSUIPC, do i need it to use the new version of alternative FBW? Or do i need it only to have some of the new features?

Good question.

FBW v0.9 will require registered FSUIPC to use it. I use FSUIPC to help output the joystick axis to my FBW code. Without registered FSUIPC, You can't assign your joystick Axis to output. If I don't use FSUIPC, I have to program my own C++ gauge like the Aerosoft's AS_FADEC(throtles) which I do not know how to program.

FBW v0.9 is almost completely rewritten hence you will need FSUIPC for it to work. I will keep legacy versions online but my aim is true realistic FBW

Thanks for your interest.

Regards,

Joshua Che.

Joshua,

i recently discovered that, after installing your latest patch, on any of my Airbus X, during the initial descend, the brakes are fully applied! There is no way to deactivate them. Whether by setting the parking breaks on and off again nor via the autobrake settings. Furthermore, somehow this issue solves another issue which came from aerosoft itself: When finally touching the ground i am now actually able to deactivate the autobrakes via my toe-brakes, which was initially not able with the default Airbus X. So by creating the issue with fully applied brakes, somehow another issue has been solved.

Anyway, I did not recognized it, because i had hidden the red brakes message before.

In addition, i also discovered a strange phenomenon: During my last flight to KSFO, also during decend pahse, the airplane somehow "shivered". It did not move in any direction nor did the pitch or yaw change but the whole plane "shivered" as if it had caught a cold, lol.

It's not really an issue as nothing changes in terms of attitude of the airplane but it still is a bizarre behavior.

Just to let you know. Anyway, the first point should be marked as an important point.

Nevertheless, because of your alt. FBW this plane is a joy to fly by hand!

Cheers

Conchi

I'm having the same issue that Conchulio is having, but I don't mind, this thing is flying awesome now!

Please describe your situation as well.

Joshua, i recently discovered that, after installing your latest patch, on any of my Airbus X, during the initial descend, the brakes are fully applied! There is no way to deactivate them. Whether by setting the parking breaks on and off again nor via the autobrake settings. Furthermore, somehow this issue solves another issue which came from aerosoft itself: When finally touching the ground i am now actually able to deactivate the autobrakes via my toe-brakes, which was initially not able with the default Airbus X. So by creating the issue with fully applied brakes, somehow another issue has been solved. Anyway, I did not recognized it, because i had hidden the red brakes message before. In addition, i also discovered a strange phenomenon: During my last flight to KSFO, also during decend pahse, the airplane somehow "shivered". It did not move in any direction nor did the pitch or yaw change but the whole plane "shivered" as if it had caught a cold, lol. It's not really an issue as nothing changes in terms of attitude of the airplane but it still is a bizarre behavior. Just to let you know. Anyway, the first point should be marked as an important point. Nevertheless, because of your alt. FBW this plane is a joy to fly by hand! Cheers Conchi

1. Brakes ON Forever.

According to aersoft logic, Deploy flap 1 and press your brakes to the max will release it. I will try to see if I can solve this problem.

2. "Shivering"

My FBW is actively triming the aircraft. Hence the shiverring. However it only occur when you have low FPS and does not happen very often.

FBW v0.9 wil fix this with a PID controller.

Regards,

Joshua Che.

I will certainly try it out and report back if it had worked with the brake issue.

Good to know that the "shivering" is infact a good sign that your fbw works :-D

Cheers

Conchi

edit: Unfortunately, the brake issue is still there and not solvable with flaps 1 + applying full brakes. However, thats not a big deal as i can simply disable the brakes directly at touch down. Not very realistic but it works what so ever.

I will certainly try it out and report back if it had worked with the brake issue. Good to know that the "shivering" is infact a good sign that your fbw works :-D Cheers Conchi edit: Unfortunately, the brake issue is still there and not solvable with flaps 1 + applying full brakes. However, thats not a big deal as i can simply disable the brakes directly at touch down. Not very realistic but it works what so ever.

Hi,

I am busy with FBW v0.9 and school end of year exams. I will look into this during my holiday.

Regards,

Joshua Che.

Hi,

I am busy with FBW v0.9 and school end of year exams. I will look into this during my holiday.

Regards,

Joshua Che.

No problem Joshua, please don't feel pushed!!! Take your time, i think everyone here knows you work on this in your spare time and it's your decisision what you do with it ;-)

Conchi

hi Joshua Che. just i want to say millions thank you for you my friend this is true amazing oustanding job regards feer...

Thanks.

And a little update for FBWv0.9:

I have temporary suspend the beta test due to my End of Year Exams. I expect to resume it sometime the second week of next month.

Regards,

Joshua Che.

Thanks.

And a little update for FBWv0.9:

I have temporary suspend the beta test due to my End of Year Exams. I expect to resume it sometime the second week of next month.

Regards,

Joshua Che.

Hi Josh,

Good luck with your end of your year finals,

And thank-you for your FBW file- I love flying this plane even more now,

Looking forward to your later releases.

Regards,

Mike.

Hi Josh, Good luck with your end of your year finals, And thank-you for your FBW file- I love flying this plane even more now, Looking forward to your later releases. Regards, Mike.

Thanks. Hope you enjoy it.

conchulio :

About autobrake it seems to be stuck at RTO after takeoff. that explains why brakes are fully applied. Please try to unselect autobrake max before you retract the gear after TO.

Research Information needed:

Any one knows the real world airbus FBW at max AOA, does the sidestick still command GLoad or AOA?

Your mod saved the Airbus X from the boneyard. You put the FUN back in Funchal, as in now I can do landings there! Great work!

Thanks! I think if you like v0.8f2 you will definitely like v0.9. Now, while I am still having exams, I enjoy flying with my FBW more than I code.

Regards,

Joshua Che.

Hi Joshua!

First of all many thanks for your file. I only use the Airbus X flight model for my homecockpit and don't need the virtual panel. I have tested your file successfully, although I have disabled the joysticks in FSX because I'm using an external joystock software, but I have configured it in the Aerosoft launcher.

There are two things I don't understand:

1.: I have no bank limit protection, the Airbus can make a 360° turn.

2.: The spoilers are not visible but they are active because speed decreases.

Can you give me advice what's going wrong?

Thanks and regards,

Christoph

Hi Joshua!

First of all many thanks for your file. I only use the Airbus X flight model for my homecockpit and don't need the virtual panel. I have tested your file successfully, although I have disabled the joysticks in FSX because I'm using an external joystock software, but I have configured it in the Aerosoft launcher.

There are two things I don't understand:

1.: I have no bank limit protection, the Airbus can make a 360° turn.

2.: The spoilers are not visible but they are active because speed decreases.

Can you give me advice what's going wrong?

Thanks and regards,

Christoph

1. What external joystick software are you using ? This should however be changed with me using FSUIPC for joystick input in v0.9.

2. Try running the patcher again with FSX closed. This maybe because you used LH1711 callouts.

Regards,

Joshua Che.

1. What external joystick software are you using ? This should however be changed with me using FSUIPC for joystick input in v0.9.

2. Try running the patcher again with FSX closed. This maybe because you used LH1711 callouts.

Regards,

Joshua Che.

Thanks for your reply. I am using the airsimtech joystick software. Sorry, but I don't know what you mean with the "LH1711 callouts".

Best regards, Christoph

Thanks for your reply. I am using the airsimtech joystick software. Sorry, but I don't know what you mean with the "LH1711 callouts". Best regards, Christoph

I thought the airsimtech joystick software already include a FBW Module? If you don't know what 'LH1711 callouts" is then just try running the patcher again with FSX closed.

Regards,

Joshua Che.