My Alternative to Aerosoft FBW v0.8f2 - NO FSUIPC

Joshua Che.

Concerning the AP, I think I noticed a little problem. It seems that the bus flare too early before touchdown (100 - 90 feet) : therefore I landed near the middle of the runway, but the flare was good in terms of fpm.

I cant confirm that. On my last test flight the Airbus flared but not to early more also not realy to late, but not strong engough. But this could be because my plane was fully loaded with fuel (just a quick test in the fsx ;) ).

@Joshua

One important thing!

Could you pleas ad a "Restore Backup" function to the patchers? Cause if somebody wants to go back to the original FBW it is a pain in the ass to find all edited files.

YAY! I am back! I will reply to the issue all users pointed above.

1. The FLTCRTL buttons cant be switched on/off.

This is a limitations as the variables that are triggered are attached to the models (can't be changed). Hence, I cant do anything about it. I will see if there is an work around for full intergration.

2. FBW holds pitch regardless of FPM except when stall etc.

The real airbus have this. it does not compensate for FPM but compensate for GLoad. Hence it does not adjust the FPM when making changes. The way to fly airbus it is to make quick, small inputs.

3. Restore Backup.

I planned to do this but i have a lot of tuning on the FBW to do like Flare. This will probalby be two major releases away.

4. Flare too early.

I will tweak this as the airbus FDE have way too much ground effect.

5. CTDs.

My programing does not generate CTDs. The CTD experienced is most probably caused by the GpsModule.dll which should be fixed in Aerosoft's Airbus V2.

Regards,

Joshua Che.

1. The FLTCRTL buttons cant be switched on/off.

This is a limitations as the variables that are triggered are attached to the models (can't be changed). Hence, I cant do anything about it. I will see if there is an work around for full intergration.

Ok but the reason for the not workign of these switches is you FBW (befor your FBW the switches worked). Does this mean if you want to make it good FBW, you have to deactive the switches? (or they get deactived by the prozess)

Ok but the reason for the not workign of these switches is you FBW (befor your FBW the switches worked). Does this mean if you want to make it good FBW, you have to deactive the switches? (or they get deactived by the prozess)

The Airbus X FBW uses FSX default code FBW. I switched it off so that I can custom code my FBW and "replace" the default FBW code.

Regards,

Joshua Che.

Something to improve: few days ago I had the possibiliy for a flight on the jumpseat. While Approach the Pilot disconnected the AP very early and i was watching his movements on the stick. He was only moving it a bit and then he left the stick in neutrak position (now it comes: Aircraft holds every angle).

Today I made a flight and tried to disconnect earlier then usual, and when I left the stick in neutral position the aircraft was still moving around on heading and vertical speed. if you could get this in you FBW I would just fly A321 ;D

Give the aircraft a stable look ;D in handling of course ;D

• Upvote 1

Joshua,

Thanks very much for you all your work on this xml modifcation. The Airbus X, which had been sitting in the hangar for months because of the 'diving' issue, still unresolved in 1.22, is now a joy to hand fly. As you say, the key is to make lots of minor adjustments with joystick; the flight model seems so much more reponsive generally, and more reliable too! (Am having many fewer CTD's) I hope that Aerosoft will see the light and make you a permanent member of the dev team for the Advanced version.

Cheers,

David

Guys,

I am announcing a temporary suspension on the FBW. The files will still be avaliable to download. I am having Increased amounts of workload (homework, tests) that I realised I do not have enough time to commit to the continuation of the FBW. I will come here often and try to resolve outstanding bugs but for now, it is indefinitely halted. I will probably pick up C++ programing during the suspension and after that reconsider adding more feaures to this otherwise simple FBW.I thank you for your continuous support till this far.

Regards,

Joshua Che.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
Something to improve: few days ago I had the possibiliy for a flight on the jumpseat. While Approach the Pilot disconnected the AP very early and i was watching his movements on the stick. He was only moving it a bit and then he left the stick in neutrak position (now it comes: Aircraft holds every angle). Today I made a flight and tried to disconnect earlier then usual, and when I left the stick in neutral position the aircraft was still moving around on heading and vertical speed. if you could get this in you FBW I would just fly A321 ;D Give the aircraft a stable look ;D in handling of course ;D

Sorry I took so long to reply to this. My FBW is very sensitive to stick movements. I tried what you said and had no moving on heading and pitch. If you say vertical speed, the FBW holds PITCH as in real life but does not hold v/s. If the airbus is not stablised after neutral, chances are your joystick do not have enough null zone.

EDIT: I think i will tighten auto-trim & bank angle holder so that it will hold pitch and bank better. As always, thanks for feedback.

Regards,

Joshua Che.

0.8e. It has no dead zone on Y axis, when I put joystick "forward" it immediately turns off the autopilot, other axis theem to be ok. version 0.8c3 is ok too

• Upvote 1

0.8e. It has no dead zone on Y axis, when I put joystick "forward" it immediately turns off the autopilot, other axis them to be ok. version 0.8c3 is ok too

1. I did not replace the file AP1DISP that contains the locgic for disconnect of autopilot.

2. DEMO VIDEO:

3. Check Your joystick sensitivity settings. Try decreasing sensitivity by one if its too sensitive.

4. Did not make any AP related changes from 8c3 to the current ver. You can check my changelog.

Thanks for feedback

Regards

Joshua Che.

whre can I download you FBW ??

LATEST VERSION: V0.8f2

excl.gif THOSE WHO UPDATED TO V0.8b ,0.8c V0.8c2 MUST perform below instructions and UPDATE to the latest version excl.gif

Please go to your <Microsoft Flight Simulator X Folder>\SimObjects\Airplanes\aerosoft a32<0/1> <iae/cfm> delete aircraft.cfg and rename aircraft.cfg.bak to aircraft.cfg

DOWNLOAD:

Direct from Aerosoft:

http://forum.aerosof...-fbw-code-beta/

Mirror:

http://dl.dropbox.co...EBETAv0.8f2.zip

LEGAL STUFF

This mod is released as FREEWARE. You may use and modify it in any way you wish, but

you may NOT use it in any kind of money-making endeavor, and you may NOT publicly

distribute any copies of it , whether modified or not, without my permission.

Please Read the installation warnings and instruction on the first post as well

Regards,

Joshua Che.

This alternative FBW is simply amazing! Now the airbus not only looks like an airbus but also flys like one. Perfect, keep up that good work!! Cheers Conchi

Thanks! Hope you enjoy and keep using it!

Regards,

Joshua Che.

UPDATE: New FBW v0.9 coming not so soon ! :dumb_me_s:

Number change = new features !

Expected changelog:

TRUE FBW SIMULATION such as:

Accurate Gload Simulation. ( Stick pull up/down = Gload command)

Accurate Roll rate Simulation. ( Stick left/right = Command Roll Rate)

Stall Protection (AoA protection)

Minimum Requirements:

JOYSTICK AND REGISTRED FSUIPC (no exceptions).

Early stages! Very Beta. Sneak preview soon.

Regards,

Joshua Che.

Thanks Joshua, pretty amazing. I installed your latest update but now my spoilers don''t show going up when I select them or during auto spoilers. It's only cosmetic, because I do see the airplane slowing down, I just can't see them going up

Thanks for all your efforts, The Airbus is flying a lot better

Thanks Joshua, pretty amazing. I installed your latest update but now my spoilers don''t show going up when I select them or during auto spoilers. It's only cosmetic, because I do see the airplane slowing down, I just can't see them going up Thanks for all your efforts, The Airbus is flying a lot better

Did you install LH1711 callouts? If yes just install my FBW patcher agian to fix it.

Regards,

Joshua Che.

Hmm, I don't even know what those callouts are, never heard of them, but I'll run the patchers again. Just to make sure we're on the same page. I just discovered your patcheres yesterday, so basically I installed them after a fresh re-installation of the CD Airbus X version 1.21 then updated it to the 1.22 version, then ran your latest patcher. Did I do it right?

Thanks for all your efforts,

Erik

You ROCK Joshua!!!! Now I can fly this thing, it works well, now if I can only get the auto brake to come off once I press the toe brakes and the reversers to work with my joystick, but those are so minor, it's not even worth the trouble.

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!

Erik