My Alternative to Aerosoft FBW v0.8f2 - NO FSUIPC

Joshua Che.

Hi! I tested autoland with the new version but...

8350097.png

Damnit, didnt got good landing, that happened. Was it my error or was it FBW error? Have you tried this and if yes what was your landing speed if you got autoland successfull?

Hi! I tested autoland with the new version but...

Damnit, didnt got good landing, that happened. Was it my error or was it FBW error? Have you tried this and if yes what was your landing speed if you got autoland successfull?

I reduced the flare to about 200/ft fpm.

Please post your aircraft.cfg in (usualy C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A321 IAE). I will take a look at it. And one last thing did you cut the throttles too early?

My approach speed was ~153 knots. I have varying different speeds when i land but most land at about ~145 knots @ 250ft/pm

EDIT: PM me.

Hi,

I've tried this and I must say I'm impressed!

Your FBW is much better than the Aerosoft one and I'm looking forward to your next version and further "patches" for the Airbus.

BTW, I'm having the issue that when I use the rudder in flight and I make a full nose right input the aircraft is maintaining this rudder position and even though I make a full rudder left after that it's (the rudder) still going to the right when I'm putting the aircraft in a turn.

One question: As you've said that this is a Aerosoft custom FBW, I don't understand, is this the new FBW for the pro version of the Airbus X or is this a complete new programming done by yourself?

Regards

Emi

Hello,

It is done by myself. If you read my first post, it is done by me using xml and this is not related to aerosoft in anyway. About the rudder issue, I will check it. I suspect the rudder limiter in aerosoft code is too effective in limiting the rudder.

EDIT: Okay, I decided to explain about the rudder issue. I suspect the rudder limiter in aerosoft code is too effective in limiting the rudder. Hence, when a turn is made the turns are not coordinated with the rudder. If i cant fix the default code, I will write a custom Auto-coordination code for the rudder.

Regards,

Joshua Che.

Hello,

It is done by myself. If you read my first post, it is done by me using xml and this is not related to aerosoft in anyway. About the rudder issue, I will check it. I suspect the rudder limiter in aerosoft code is too effective in limiting the rudder.

EDIT: Okay, I decided to explain about the rudder issue. I suspect the rudder limiter in aerosoft code is too effective in limiting the rudder. Hence, when a turn is made the turns are not coordinated with the rudder. If i cant fix the default code, I will write a custom Auto-coordination code for the rudder.

Regards,

Joshua Che.

Wow, you seem to be very talented. Have you thought about rewriting the FMGS also?

One question about the rudder: In the real Airbus I think you don't need to make manual inputs to the rudder, so would it be possible to edit the code in a way that you don't need to use the rudder?

I know about FSXs default auto rudder. Would it be possible to make this option working in the Airbus X?

Regards

Emi

Wow, you seem to be very talented. Have you thought about rewriting the FMGS also?

One question about the rudder: In the real Airbus I think you don't need to make manual inputs to the rudder, so would it be possible to edit the code in a way that you don't need to use the rudder?

I know about FSXs default auto rudder. Would it be possible to make this option working in the Airbus X?

Regards

Emi

Thanks for your compliment. However,I do this for hobby, and I just started on programing. FMGS is too complex for me for now. On top of that, I cant take so many projects at hand. Bear in mind that I am a student studying. Speaking of which, I have a math test just tomorrow.

I am trying to force FSX autorudder to be always on because if i have FSX default auto-coord on , the rudder is too insensitive. If i have it off , no auto coord but you can "kick" the aircraft like the real airbus. I trying to find the perfect balance. The best outcome would be FSX default auto-coord forced on and you can "kick" the aircraft like in the Real World.

Thanks for your compliment. However,I do this for hobby, and I just started on programing. FMGS is too complex for me for now. On top of that, I cant take so many projects at hand. Bear in mind that I am a student studying. Speaking of which, I have a math test just tomorrow.

I am trying to force FSX autorudder to be always on because if i have FSX default auto-coord on , the rudder is too insensitive. If i have it off , no auto coord but you can "kick" the aircraft like the real airbus. I trying to find the perfect balance. The best outcome would be FSX default auto-coord forced on and you can "kick" the aircraft like in the Real World.

Ok, I see. Anyway, I wish you luck for your math test tomorrow.

Let me know when you've finished the next version so that I can tell you if the fix worked.

Thanks for the encouragement! :D

I just realised that my a321 patchers went haywire!!! :angry: I will re-release v0.7 as v0.7b soon. It will probably be tomorrow. No changes to the FBW excpet minor adjustment to the pitch as i continue to debug rudder issues.

Regards,

Joshua Che.

I reduced the flare to about 200/ft fpm.

Please post your aircraft.cfg in (usualy C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A321 IAE). I will take a look at it. And one last thing did you cut the throttles too early?

My approach speed was ~153 knots. I have varying different speeds when i land but most land at about ~145 knots @ 250ft/pm

EDIT: PM me.

I didnt cut thorttles at any time, i didnt hear "RETARD" sound.

I think something about 140 ft/rpm would be good flare, i mean 140 ft/min landing speed would be pretty smooth.

I didnt cut thorttles at any time, i didnt hear "RETARD" sound.

I think something about 140 ft/rpm would be good flare, i mean 140 ft/min landing speed would be pretty smooth.

Check your pm

your FBW ... very very nice!!

... only one thing: I noticed the speedbrakes don't move if you're in flight. Although they reduce the speed but yeah ... they don't act. :)

maybe you can have a look on this!

But as I said ... good job! Thanks

Hi,

i just want to test this to, but first i have some questions.

A. Does this change anything in the way i need to operate the AirbusX?

B. Why doesnt this work with merged aircraft?

I merged the airbus with the A319 exterior of Project Airbus, dont use this often (only sometimes RealFlightEvents at IVAO) but still it would be cool to use your patch also with this merge combination?

Using this:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/43337-project-airbs-a319airbus-x-merge

or this:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/46908-airbus-x-pa319-merge

methode

your FBW ... very very nice!!

... only one thing: I noticed the speedbrakes don't move if you're in flight. Although they reduce the speed but yeah ... they don't act. :)

maybe you can have a look on this!

But as I said ... good job! Thanks

Hi

You mean on the external model the speedbrake do not move or what? Sorry If I misunderstood your question.

Regards,

Joshua Che

Hi,

i just want to test this to, but first i have some questions.

A. Does this change anything in the way i need to operate the AirbusX?

B. Why doesnt this work with merged aircraft?

I merged the airbus with the A319 exterior of Project Airbus, dont use this often (only sometimes RealFlightEvents at IVAO) but still it would be cool to use your patch also with this merge combination?

Using this:

http://forum.aerosof...9airbus-x-merge

or this:

http://forum.aerosof...s-x-pa319-merge

methode

A. Try it and you know! Iis about the smae as default but its smoother, faster, reacting, no nose drop....

B. Beause the flight dynamics will be different ! My FBW code is only for Aerosoft A320/A321 FDEs.

Regards,

Joshua Che.

Hi

You mean on the external model the speedbrake do not move or what? Sorry If I misunderstood your question.

Regards,

Joshua Che

Yeah on the external ... well I tested this a second time and also after touchdown the speedbrakes don't move ... maybe it just happens with my airbus. :)

And btw ... the callout-code you posted in the other thread (http://forum.aerosof...-callouts-%3Bd/) actually works fine with your FBW!

Yeah on the external ... well I tested this a second time and also after touchdown the speedbrakes don't move ... maybe it just happens with my airbus. :)

And btw ... the callout-code you posted in the other thread (http://forum.aerosof...-callouts-%3Bd/) actually works fine with your FBW!

When you roll left or right do the spoiler panels come out? If no, Try running the patcher again with FSX closed. If yes, you did not arm your spoiler b4 landing. V0.8 fixed compatibility with the callouts.:P

Regards,

Joshua Che.

Hi,

something strange, the app (aerosoft.airbus.x.fbw.code.patcher-patchv0.8bA320CFM.exe) reported a crash and it takes some time till i recovers. See attached image, "(keine R..." means 'no reaction' (last letters missing) and it indicates that a app is no longer physical running.

But as i said, after some minutes it wents on till "----Patching Done----"

So im i in any trouble?

PS: OS: Win7 Ultimat 64bit, started app with admin rights

post-25001-0-53683400-1311518100.png

Hi,

something strange, the app (aerosoft.airbus.x.fbw.code.patcher-patchv0.8bA320CFM.exe) reported a crash and it takes some time till i recovers. See attached image, "(keine R..." means 'no reaction' (last letters missing) and it indicates that a app is no longer physical running.

But as i said, after some minutes it wents on till "----Patching Done----"

So im i in any trouble?

PS: OS: Win7 Ultimat 64bit, started app with admin rights

Can you try to run the patch again and when it complete, right click the window where the patchind done appears and select copy to clipboard then paste it here. There seems to be issues with 64bit machines. As I dont have 64bit machines , I just cant test it. You should be in no trouble because there was a backup command prompt as a precaution to backup your things. Does this only happens with A320CFM v0.8b?

EDIT: Updated! Patches woes fixed.:lol:

Regards,

Joshua Che.

Can you try to run the patch again and when it complete, right click the window where the patchind done appears and select copy to clipboard then paste it here. There seems to be issues with 64bit machines. As I dont have 64bit machines , I just cant test it. You should be in no trouble because there was a backup command prompt as a precaution to backup your things. Does this only happens with A320CFM v0.8b?

Regards,

Joshua Che.

Checking the patch again at the moment. Cause after the first failed/not failed patch i started FSX and wanted to test the "new" A320 CFM, but it was gone! There were no A320 CFMs in the Aircraft list. Looking in the Airplanes folder and A320 CFM, i noticed that the aircraft.cfg is only 11kb big and the Backup 25kb.

So i restored the old cfg and running the patch again right now, waiting for it to come back to life.

PS: Second patching also didnt worked correct and the A320 CFM is gone again.

text from the infobox:

---START PATCHING---

[GET REGISTRY VALUE]

OK

WOW64 File System Redirection : disabled

[EXPORT FILE]

E:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\BACKUP.CMD

setting file attributes

executing file

deleting file

File Export : OK

WOW64 File System Redirection : enabled

[EXPORT FILE]

E:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\Panel\AB_Systems\AB_anims.xml

overwriting existing file

setting file attributes

[EXPORT FILE]

E:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\Panel\AB_Systems\AB_ECAM_EWD1.xml

setting file attributes

[EXPORT FILE]

E:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\Panel\AB_Systems\AP2Disp.xml

setting file attributes

[EXPORT FILE]

E:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\Panel\AB_Systems\ASCLS.xml

setting file attributes

[EXPORT FILE]

E:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\Panel\AB_Systems\Startup.xml

setting file attributes

[EXPORT FILE]

E:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\Panel\FBW.cab

setting file attributes

[EXPORT FILE]

E:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\PANEL\AB_ECAML\ECAM_LowA321.xml

setting file attributes

[EXPORT FILE]

E:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\PANEL\AB_ECAML\ECAM_LowA320.xml

setting file attributes

[EXPORT FILE]

E:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\Panel\AB_Systems\AP1Disp.xml

setting file attributes

[EXPORT FILE]

E:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\Panel\AB_Systems\AUTOFLARETEST.xml

setting file attributes

[TEXT PATCH]

Loading File:

E:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\aircraft.cfg

Backup File:

E:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\aircraft.cfg.BAK

File patched!

[TEXT PATCH]

Loading File:

E:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\Panel\panel.cfg

Nothing patched!

---PATCHING DONE---

Tested the others and only the A321 IAE also crashed, but also recovered after some time.

BUT also the A320 IAE and A321 IAE disappeared from the aircraft list and its aircraft.cfg's were to small. The A321 CFM had (big) change in the size of the CFG and shows up normaly in the aircraft list.

Tested the new 0.8c

A320 CFM looking good, no crash, aircraft.cfg size the same (normal), shows up in a/c-list

A320 IAE, no crash, aircraft.cfg to small (10kb compared to 24kb), doesnt show up in a/c-list

A321 CFM looking good, no crash, aircraft.cfg size the same (normal), shows up in a/c-list

A321 IAE, crash, aircraft.cfg to small (8kb compared to 22kb), doesnt show up in a/c-list

PS: ooh c2... will test that now ! ^^

Tested the new 0.8c2

A320 CFM looking good, no crash, aircraft.cfg size the same (normal), shows up in a/c-list (exe name has "82" in it, instead of "8c2" ;) ^^)

A320 IAE looking good, no crash, aircraft.cfg size the same (normal), show up in a/c-list

A321 CFM looking good, no crash, aircraft.cfg size the same (normal), shows up in a/c-list

A321 IAE, crash, aircraft.cfg to small (8kb compared to 22kb), doesnt show up in a/c-list

Tested the new 0.8c2

A320 CFM looking good, no crash, aircraft.cfg size the same (normal), shows up in a/c-list (exe name has "82" in it, instead of "8c2" ;) ^^)

A320 IAE looking good, no crash, aircraft.cfg size the same (normal), show up in a/c-list

LOL :lol: Too frustrated and too fast as I need to sleep soon.

C3 now! Just test the a321 IAE the rest is the same.

Regards,

Joshua Che.

Worked ! ;)

PS: But have to report other stuff

On the overhead panel you have some switches for the FWB most of them dont work!

on the leftside FLT CTL: SEC1 and FAC1

on the rightside FLTCTL: SEC2, SEC3 and FAC2

All thes buttons show OFF and cant be switched to on, you the noise but it doenst switch the state.

Hi Joshua,

I was testing the modification (v0.8, not the last one, and A321 CFM) for 2 days now. As you said, oscillations disappeared, it is clearly more comfortable now ! Airbus seems to respond better too.

Concerning the AP, I think I noticed a little problem. It seems that the bus flare too early before touchdown (100 - 90 feet) : therefore I landed near the middle of the runway, but the flare was good in terms of fpm.

I noticed other problems when I fly manually, but perhaps it has not yet been implemented or it is the same problem that the thrust compensation. When I fly with a certain pitch (maybe 2500 fpm as rate of climb) and decide to turn, the airbus keep the pitch but lose some fpm (1800-2000), as a result of a loss of lift. The same problem appears when I select flaps : the airbus climb and doesn't try to compensate.

I don't know if a real airbus take in account those situations, but I can imagine that it is in the philosophy of FbW.

Anyway, I really enjoyed to land with your modification ! Now, I want to build my own sidestick to have the feeling of flying a real airbus !

Stay on course !

Edit : Another thing. I don't know if it was me (problems with my yoke/throttle quadrant and FSUIPS) or your modification, but I experienced many CDTs, generally just after take off. But no problems this evening and yesterday evening. Try to keep an eye on bugs. For my part, I will try to force CTD's with your modification and with the default airbus to understand where the problem is. Maybe it is just my imagination ...