Reinstall of FSX needed I think

That sucks and been down that road a few times of late. Takes me a week to reinstall all the add-ons etcetera..... Have fun all the same and on a side note have a bottle or two of Malt by your side.

It wasn't as bad as I feared - my aircraft installs were all retained. All I have to do is reload the scenery files, including Andras, of course. Should be airborne again fairly quickly.

Good to hear... I've got an issue now with my Captain Sim's C130 :( I either get a "Flight Simulator has stopped responding" error on taking off or landing!!! :mad:

Yep just spent the last week reinstalling my rig after motherboad change, 5 days exactly to install FSX and 180 addons :blink:

Edit, better add another 1/2 day to that for defragging drives :angry:

I was almost finished with testing.

Thursday I went flying for a time and all went well.

Yesterday I was starting FSX and all went wrong. The only thing I saw was the startup screen. :wacko:

Uninstall SP 1 and SP 2, repaire FSX en install SP 1 and SP 2 again. Still nothing happens. :blink:

So, I have to go all the way again from scratch and still no flying on the internet with you guys. :(

I give myself 2 weeks to get it all working.

Till then. :)

Yep just spent the last week reinstalling my rig after motherboad change, 5 days exactly to install FSX and 180 addons :blink:

Edit, better add another 1/2 day to that for defragging drives :angry:

That's about right Matt... May well have found my issue, by saving a flight with REX2 running, then after restarting or loading FSX and selecting that flight it goes t*t's up!! Went back to the good old Start with default cessna and close everything down, load the C130 and set up a flight, start up and take off and land all seems OK. Now to try it with REX2 running.

REX2 does some strange things systems wise.

John, before you uninstall anything, delete or move your log book file (logbook.dat) located same place as fsx.cfg

Then try loading fsx again

Hello Matt,

I wil think about that the next time.

I have allready formatted my harddsk. :(

Always the way lol. if FSX fails to start, 9 time out of 10 the logbook is corrupt and causing it to crash. delete the logbook and all is well :) Of curse formatting has the fame effect, just on every file :lol:

But....... thanks for you're enlightenment. :)

Next time, before I format my drive, I will call you first. ;):P:bow_down2_s:

Lol hindsite hey, theres plenty of bofins on here thats know about fsx, always best to ask forst before jumping in the deepend