Preflight Item & Low Oil Pressure

EDIT: Please disregard. I resolved the issues. Pure inexperience on my part. I did not recognize the "yellow circle" as being the oil tank cap. Once I replaced the cap, all went well.

I bought the Katana yesterday, printed out all the manuals and have gotten through the main manual, Systems & Normal OPs. It is a truly wonderful aircraft! Very well done! I seem to be stumped on two issues that I have not yet been able to resolve on my own.

1. Section 1.6.2 Preflight - Ground Attachments panel shows a yellow circle right of the engine cowling in the top-down view. I'm sorry but I can't identify that item and I can't seem to get it to turn blue.

2. I suspect this might be tied to (1) above but when I start the engine in "realistic" mode, my oil pressure remains at practically zero and it doesn't take any time before the oil temp is above the red line.

I have tried everything I know to resolve these issues and they appear to be beyond me. I know it is something that I am doing - or not doing - because when I change to the "simple" mode, the yellow circle appears blue and I have no problem with the oil pressure. I really would appreciate some guidance and/or instruction.

Thanks for your patience!

John

Good that you resolved the issue on your own. It's a voyage of discovery, this bird and you will most certainly not learn all its features and foibles in a day.

Just like the real one, actually... :D