Thinking about purchasing piper pa31 cheyenne digital aviation

Bill721

Folks looking for some user opinions. I've just loaded FSX and having all types of issues, but that is another story. I'm thinking about purchasing the piper pa31 cheyenne made by digital aviation because I

I heard there isn't any support for this product? Is that true?

The GPS seems limited. Is that true?

It's difficult to taxi? Is that true?

I'm running windows 7 ulitmate 64. How does it work in that environment?

I like that it comes with both FS9 and FSX versions for one price. I'm still flying FS9 for VATSIM flight sinces I can't get Squawkbox to work on FSX.

What twin turbo engine plane would you purchase at this point in time if you were me?

Thanks in advance for your input.

I'll let others reply to your earlier points.

Instead, I;ll simply say Real Air Turbine Duke...

...and leave it at that. :rolleyes:

Hi,

In my opinion the DA Cheyenne is still a very nice addon - considering it's age.

I never had any issues running it with Windows 7 home 64 and I never had any problems with taxiing.

As far as I remember the Cheyenne is not compatible with the DX10 preview mode. The weather radar of the Cheyenne is not compatible with active sky evolution (I don't remember if this was issue with active sky x already).

I have to agree with Snave that the Real Air Turbine Duke, which is modelled to latest FSX standards, is superior with regards to engine management and flight model. If you already have the Turbine Duke (or don't like it), I can certainly recommend the DA Cheyenne.

I was torn between the Cheyenne and the Carenado Seneca II. I eventually went for the Seneca - and have never regretted it. A superb aircraft.

One is a pressurised turbine twin with near-full systems simulation and the other... isn't.

Interesting choice.

I just ordered the Cheyenne. The main fact was I'm still flying FS9 on-line since I can't seem to find out a way to get Squawkbox to work with FSX. This way I have both available. I wish more plane manufacters would build that way. I think there are many more of us out there still running FS9. The only advantage I've really seen for FSX is the scenery in FSX is superior so I'm using FSX as a VFR platform and FS9 for my IFR online flying. If anyone is an expert on getting Squawkbox working please PM me....

Again thank you for all your input on the Cheyenne. By the way the Duke does look good......

Almost forgot. There was an additional 15% off on the Cheyenne.......

I always preferred the Cheyenne in FS9 as opposed to FSX. It seemed more suited, although I never remember any showstopping issues for me. One of the greats in FS9, as it was one of the first to model prop sounds correctly, a beef I had with the Aeroworx B200 from day 1... The change in sound when reducing or increasing prop rpm was great. In FSX, the Realair B60T is beautiful, even better in my mind if you have any rxp gns unit. If you want a little more MTOW, why not try the PMDG Jetstream 4100. Another great turboprop sim, though a little large for GA ops.

Andrew