Auto Throttle on SP2b

adrianzowe

Hi guys,

Well, I installed a few days ago the SP2b, wich I downloaded from the "Updates" section on the web. I started the simulator, and loaded the flight with the Airbus. I took-off, and everything was fine... until I switched on the auto throttle. I set 220knots on the MCP, and the plane just accelerated until 260, and then, speed fell to 180, and then to 230... and finally on 220. Then, when the airplane wants, he just goes crazy and decelerates, or accelerates "at his own discretion". That's a bit annoying because I can't maintain very well a speed, and things comes worse when trying to maintain a speed flying online, within a controlled airspace. Is this problem something common on the SP2b, or is it just on my PC?

Thanks for your great support ;)

Cheers,

Adrián

Hi Adrián,

We have seen this behavior when the aircraft is used in combination with REX.

Can you confirm if you have REX installed?

Björn

Hi guys,

Well, I installed a few days ago the SP2b, wich I downloaded from the "Updates" section on the web. I started the simulator, and loaded the flight with the Airbus. I took-off, and everything was fine... until I switched on the auto throttle. I set 220knots on the MCP, and the plane just accelerated until 260, and then, speed fell to 180, and then to 230... and finally on 220. Then, when the airplane wants, he just goes crazy and decelerates, or accelerates "at his own discretion". That's a bit annoying because I can't maintain very well a speed, and things comes worse when trying to maintain a speed flying online, within a controlled airspace. Is this problem something common on the SP2b, or is it just on my PC?

Cheers,

Adrián

Hi Bjorn, thanks for your quick answer.

Yes, I have REX installed, but only textures. The REX weather engine is deactivated, and I use Active Sky Evolution.

Cheers,

Adrián

Hi Adrián,

We have seen this behavior when the aircraft is used in combination with REX.

Can you confirm if you have REX installed?

Björn

Yes, of course. I will give it a try and I'll tell you if that solves the issue ;)

Cheers,

Adrián

Hi Adrián,

Can you disable your REX or Active Sky completely if that solves the issue?

Björn

Hi Bjorn,

It flies perfect without Active Sky. Just smooth as it should fly. The question is in the air :rolleyes:... Will be a fix or something like that to be able to fly with these weather engines without problems?

Cheers,

Adrián

Hi Adrián,

I've spent hours and hours searching for a solution but in my opinion the problem is related with the way some wx engines set the wind conditions.

It looks like they fluctuate the winds very quickly and frequently, probably too quickly for FS to notice it but fast enough for my auto-throttle controller code to go crazy (and not only mine, I've seen that other add-ons also have issues with this).

Basically the auto-throttle code is a so called PID controller that constantly compares the actual airspeed to the set airspeed. Based on the difference between the two but also based on the rate at which the airspeed changes, it will command the throttle input. Very fast, small changes can have the same or even a bigger impact on the throttle output that slow but large changes. And I think that this is exactly what happens with these add-ons, very fast changes will signal to the controller that you are experiencing moderate to severe wind shearing and the auto-throttle will react likely by big inputs.

Björn

Hi Adrián,

I've spent hours and hours searching for a solution but in my opinion the problem is related with the way some wx engines set the wind conditions.

It looks like they fluctuate the winds very quickly and frequently, probably too quickly for FS to notice it but fast enough for my auto-throttle controller code to go crazy (and not only mine, I've seen that other add-ons also have issues with this).

Basically the auto-throttle code is a so called PID controller that constantly compares the actual airspeed to the set airspeed. Based on the difference between the two but also based on the rate at which the airspeed changes, it will command the throttle input. Very fast, small changes can have the same or even a bigger impact on the throttle output that slow but large changes. And I think that this is exactly what happens with these add-ons, very fast changes will signal to the controller that you are experiencing moderate to severe wind shearing and the auto-throttle will react likely by big inputs.

Björn

Hi Björn,

Yep, I see... Well, there is not problem, it's the price I have to pay for flying this aweosme bus (I don't know if this sentence is well said :P)

I'll continue flying the A300 even without a real WX engine hahaha.

Thank you for your support Björn!

Cheers,

Adrián