Have we stopped sales completely?

Andras...

I have one serious question.

What do you see us doing, should we stay? What would be our task? This is your baby, and I would hate to destroy it, I´m sure Matt and Paul feels the same, but we do not see what Andras Field needs of us?

When you say that if the board goes, then there will be no more work done, and if it stops then Aerosoft wont be inclined to make Andras Field X, then I feel strongly responsible for the future of Andras Field. I love the project, always has, and hell I won´t be the one putting it, and any follow ups, in the grave.

So please tell us what we could do, what we should do, as a board in a post-sale situation!

I have one serious question.

What do you see us doing, should we stay? What would be our task?

Well, good question.

I don't have the faintest idea actually.

The reason is simple, as I - unfortunately - had no time to follow what had been going on here, I have no clue on what would any board member do, specially if only a bunch of users are interested.

Actually I thought some users might eventually sell their plot, for which some coordination is needed for sure.

Or: in case there was interest, we could do a kind of hotel for instance, in which folks could 'stay' for short periods, etc.

(technically there would be several different ways to increase the number of houses, plots, but in case no interest - no use to bring up those.)

It's truly a pity that just when I'd have to take some care of the field, things started going slow.

This is your baby, and I would hate to destroy it

Thanks! But the 'my baby' part is a bit of an exaggeration, as you folks have dealt with it much more than I actually did... I might just be the godfather...

regards

Andras

(technically there would be several different ways to increase the number of houses, plots, but in case no interest - no use to bring up those.)

Thats an interesting point Andras. I still think there is intrest in owning plots, but people may have been put off by us telling them we're near the limit. How would you go about doing that, just out of curiosity :)

Well, good question.

I don't have the faintest idea actually.

The reason is simple, as I - unfortunately - had no time to follow what had been going on here, I have no clue on what would any board member do, specially if only a bunch of users are interested.

Actually I thought some users might eventually sell their plot, for which some coordination is needed for sure.

Or: in case there was interest, we could do a kind of hotel for instance, in which folks could 'stay' for short periods, etc.

It's truly a pity that just when I'd have to take some care of the field, things started going slow.

Thanks! But the 'my baby' part is a bit of an exaggeration, as you folks have dealt with it much more than I actually did... I might just be the godfather...

regards

Andras

Again I agree with Matt. I don´t think that we could not sell more plots. (that´s a double negation...) I think we could.

I don´t think people will start selling their plots though. Its kind of a curiosity to have your nametag in FSX... And if second hand sales were to be in fashion, I think it would have been already, but again, I have been wrong before... LOL: Perhaps it should be be SUGGESTED by the board as a posibility now.

I too would be interested in knowing how we could squeeze more plots in here. IF, then we should surely announce it as a BIG thing - a new beginning, so to speak.

AS for the hotel, we already suggested AF#50 as a hotel. And I have - long long ago, suggested a kind of rental property, where you could have your nametag on a house, for one update, then its off again, for a small sum. But I don´t even know if Aerosoft have charged people for the latest sold plots. I know there have been "complaints" about not receiving invoices for purchased plots.

But when this started, you must have had an idea of what, where, and possible when Andras Field should go.

I know, I know, its a community driven place, but darn... there should be forward motion if we are to attract new people..

But hey, a deal. IF we can get things working - and I mean getting the VA hanger place built, IF we can get the Supermarket that was promised, going, AND a fire station also. Subject one and three on the airfield, and subject two somewhere in the airpark.

AND - we sell ONLY the two heli plots (but let people decide if they should be ordinary fixed wing aircraft plots, and save the two remaining standard plots. (This is only a suggestion from me, Ill budge if outnumbered here... LOL)

Then Ill move my resigning date until December 31´st or so, and if there are still plots to sell, then I think Paul would stay too, and then - why would Matt go anywhere.

IF you, Andras, have time to spend now, then OK lets move forward.

What do you say? What do you all say?

Hi Folks,

All right, I start at the end of Ole's post: yes, I personally would truly welcome if you (plural) stayed.

Mentioning the advantages of this in the limelight of the project are almost endless... would be great!

Some detail of my humble thoughts:

1. As you right;y said, some things truly need to be suggested. If no board, leadership, who's gonna do that?

2. If further updates or other things come, who keeps the contact with Aerosoft (or me, although I'm not Aerosoft...)?

3. True, we talked about the hotel, but somehow I forgot about it. Usually I immediately do things forced upon me, ideas tend to escape my memory...

4. There are ways to increase the plots. (similar new houses, bit far from present locations, etc)

5. New hangars can be also added anytime.

6. If amphib folks would be active, we could add a few houses on the water, a la Venice style.

7. If I wanted to blow new life into the field, I'd definitely ask inactive people to sell or rent out their places.

8. I have no idea about the online capabilities, but I could always do a detailed bar to exchange gossips, if Teamspeak works there (a la 2nd life...)

9. I'd definitely try to encourage Aerosoft to be more active and help AF in different ways (different if the board does that, compared to single or common user expressed wishes):

Like:

1. More adds of new products on the field

2. More discounts to AF members and even preview capabilities (planes, etc)

3. Even interesting scenery objects from other projects could be showcased on the Field

4. Adding AES to the field

5. Developing relatively simple stand-alone add-ons to bring more life or interactivity (just as an idea: a nearby village could also be terraformed and populated and then a train, ship, ferry or something would bring the user to the field, etc)

6. Many other ideas can be worked out...

Thus, apart from the properly moderated forum, if the board stayed, there are a lot of possible new ventures one could pursue...

regards

Andras

Holy Toledo

See Andras? (and Matt and Paul) This is exactly what I am talking about. What does Andras Field need us for, when we, during 6 months have made little progress, and in one burst, Andras can come up with a load like this? LOL.

It´s definetely the difference between an inventor of FS stuff, and an ordinary bunch of people trying to play ball. I feel humbled by all the amazing ideas.

Of course, part of it, is the fact that we do not know the capabilities of Andras Field, and what can actually be put in there, but still the amount of ideas are heartswelling.

But to give ourselves credit, we have become very good at being a board. Far better than the first 6 months of changing boardmembers, and fumbling around. We asked Aerosoft (or Andras) for everything. We asked permission before making the slightest changes. Now we decide wildly, here and there, without even considering asking Aerosoft, and that is the way the community and the board, was supposed to run.

Now - we had ideas to fullfill in 2011, the VA hanger, the Supermarket, A new runway/taxiway, condos, (Andras idea of a village a bit far, with transportation is stunningly good though) and with Andras now off the Vilnius project, and with time to spare, then I am ready to - once again, once again Goddammit, change my mind and continue.

In fact - my decision has already been made. I am staying. I hope you guys feel this way too - I´m sure you do. Andras is a convincing guy, and it´s obvious that there are still work to be done. No matter what Andras is saying, this IS his baby, and it needs to be nourished. Sometimes it takes a hard kick in the butt, to see clearly, and the above post from Andras certainly did that. Andras Field is not dead, but it needs to move forward, and now, with Andras, we can.

If this could and would lead to the building of AF-X then so much the better.

Back again- so summing up my thoughts to all your posts not sure if it makes sense

I am happy to stay - I am very happy that there could be more houses and hangers

It does give me a role

I have always said that I don't think that there would be that many people willing to sell their plots- I think there is a strong emotional bond to your plot even though it is virtual- there are not many places in FSX that you can call home- Andras you've done too good a job! (if it doesn't translate- it is meant as a complement)

I am not sure if I a saw a definitive answer but I think we should continue with the sale of 4 plots since we announced it

Pity about Andras Field USA I think there would be a good market for it and make Aerosoft more well know in the US

I like the idea of discounts for plot holders/ members I think this would be an added incentive (even discounts that are the same as VA's would be good)

Pity about Andras Field USA I think there would be a good market for it and make Aerosoft more well know in the US

Hey, don't give up so soon.

I have no idea if I'm entitled to do this, perhaps Mathijs will cut my head off, but this is what he privately wrote me a few days ago:

quote:

And yes if you like to do it, Andras Field USA is most certainly still on the list, possibly as a X-Plane 10 / FSX project.

Thus, the door seems to be open and I just feel if we don't let 'this' AF die now, in other words, perhaps it is better if this one takes a right move towards being alive, which would definitely be the entrance fee for the possible US version (and perhaps an Asian one later, which I'd even like to do more... as I know and have real-life experience about some awesome locations at the feet of the Himalayas to truly fit the concept...)

regards

Andras

Andras will Andras Field be ported to XPlane 10 at some stage?

Matt, frankly I have no idea (specially that I've never ever done a scenery for Xplane...) but seems Mathijs brought up the possibility, so as he says it might be on their table.

regards

Andras

Would make sense if they were both on the same platforms, it allows for greater scope of activities. Maybe Mathijs will read this ;)

Went to bed early yesterday, and missed all the fun, as usual, blink.gif

To sum up the summing ups...

Andras - you got yourself a three man board still.

We go ahead with the plotselling as announced.

And I suggest the following plan ahead:

A BIG annoncement of the new plans:

Priority one: VA hanger! This is simply a MUST. And better yesterday, than tomorrow.

Priority two: The fantastic Venice-type village (I really think this would attract some serious attention)

Priority three: A parallel runway (thus moving the glider runway to (suggestion) the new Andras Village

Priority four: Andras Village (see my suggestion for a place to put it) Both places are flat and at a distance to AF, and could be serviced by ferry/train. In both places there is room for a glider field.

Map.jpg

Priority one: VA hanger! This is simply a MUST. And better yesterday, than tomorrow.

Priority two: The fantastic Venice-type village (I really think this would attract some serious attention)

Priority three: A parallel runway (thus moving the glider runway to (suggestion) the new Andras Village

Priority four: Andras Village (see my suggestion for a place to put it) Both places are flat and at a distance to AF, and could be serviced by ferry/train. In both places there is room for a glider field.

Hopfensee takes my vote for Andras Village :)

Map.jpg

I prefer not Hopfensee because I think the ferry link is a nice idea and it will still feel part of the Andras Field center (as you still have a link with the water runways) than stuck out on a bit of a limb.