Have we stopped sales completely?

Long time since I heard about anyone wanna sell a plot. Sales Director? - where art thou?

I suggest a Birthday sale. I know we have a few plots left - at least two heli plots, and a few ordinary plots.

Should we all look for empty plots and make a blow-out sale? "Everything must go"

I even suggest reinstating the orginal (now we are closing the circle) auction sale? Say we start at 1 Euro a plot, and interested people can bid in, with a bid going up by ONE euro.

What do you say Gentlemen?

OK Paul....

Blowout sales is in order I guess blink.gif

But how? Seems you are the deciding factor here! mellow.gif

Should we go for flat price - €x.xx, per plot - as Matt suggests

OR

Go for Oles revert-to-the-humble-beginnings way of selling - and have an auction for the remaining plots.

I leave it in your capable hands to decide.wink.gif

Only problem I see with an auction of plots, we have no real control over the final price. If theres too much interest we could end up with over inflated prices, which lets face will only cause discontent.

Only problem I see with an auction of plots, we have no real control over the final price. If theres too much interest we could end up with over inflated prices, which lets face will only cause discontent.

One year ago, this would certainly have been an issue. It WAS an issue at the time, as a lot of people wanted plots, and no matter the cost.

Today - with the numbers of people applying for a plot, and with perhaps 4-6 plots for sale, I hardly think this will present a problem - I think we will see the opposite, that we are going to sell plots for very low prices.

But SHOULD it become a problem, we will of course suspend the auctions - just like it was done back in the "old" days - and for the same reason. Then we put whomever bids above a certain level (like €30) into a hat - and draw for it.

But I do not care much if its one way or the other. If fixed prices are to be preffered - then by all means, lets do so. I only wanted to do it this was, because of the potential fun, and because it was "back to basics" and with the one year birthday thing as the reason..

But you two are going to live with the results - as I am off, on the 7´th. so, have it any way you prefer wink.gif No hard feelings at all from me.smile.gif

One year ago, this would certainly have been an issue. It WAS an issue at the time, as a lot of people wanted plots, and no matter the cost.

Today - with the numbers of people applying for a plot, and with perhaps 4-6 plots for sale, I hardly think this will present a problem - I think we will see the opposite, that we are going to sell plots for very low prices.

But SHOULD it become a problem, we will of course suspend the auctions - just like it was done back in the "old" days - and for the same reason. Then we put whomever bids above a certain level (like €30) into a hat - and draw for it.

But I do not care much if its one way or the other. If fixed prices are to be preffered - then by all means, lets do so. I only wanted to do it this was, because of the potential fun, and because it was "back to basics" and with the one year birthday thing as the reason..

But you two are going to live with the results - as I am off, on the 7´th. so, have it any way you prefer wink.gif No hard feelings at all from me.smile.gif

True, I want one of the plots dry.gif As I then intend to auction one them off with all the proceeds going to aerosofts charity.

Edit, theres a leaving pressie for you to but you wont find otu what it is til the 7th :lol:

True, I want one of the plots dry.gif As I then intend to auction one them off with all the proceeds going to aerosofts charity.

Edit, theres a leaving pressie for you to but you wont find otu what it is til the 7th :lol:

Hey... we could even make this the main thing..... ALL income from the auctions will go into Aerosoft´s charity fund! Perhaps this would, at least create a little more stir!

Just say your edit Matt.... Look forward to seeing what you came up with this time... biggrin.gif

My edits nothing special, just something your fond of. Thats it! Im saying nothing more until the 7th :lol:

And as for the sale, would prefer if I got a winning bid on a plot that the one I was given was sold to charity ;)

My edits nothing special, just something your fond of. Thats it! Im saying nothing more until the 7th :lol:

And as for the sale, would prefer if I got a winning bid on a plot that the one I was given was sold to charity ;)

I am still here just very busy with work which at last I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! I had left off selling them as we only had a couple of normal ones left and thought we would want to do something with the anniversary -due to the lack of interest in the heli plots I didn't want to put them up so soon.

I have done some checking the plots available are 7, 19 (last 2 normal plots - they are small) 24, 26 Helicopter plots

There is also AF50 which I think was offered to Canadian Express???- what about it becoming a hotel for all to use?

If I am reading it right Matt you want to give up your plot and buy one- your old plot would then be sold for charity-

There is also the suggestion that any money raised goes to charity- I think this is a good idea as they do not seem too concerned in getting the money from winners- I think the non standard method has been a bit of a headache for them

Flat fee is the easiest and the one I would prefer- having said that if one plot was to go for charity then a bid system could work especially if they don't happen at the same time-I don't like the idea of stopping the bid process due to high bids- I don't think it is right- but if someone pays stupid money they could become disappointed- it is also open up to false bidding- bid - win don't pay up or try to negotiate a lower settlement. I think we should check with Mathijs input if we want to go with a bid system. (Do Aerosoft have a charity ebay account?)

This next section is off topic but is sort of related

I have been wondering whether to follow Ole's lead and tender my resignation when the plots are all sold- basically because- I am not that sure that the interest is there any more?

I suppose I have come to some sort of conclusions:-

• Wait till after the anniversary before any decision is made-work will ease up in the next few weeks and I will have more time- and less stressed- will have more time to finish off the missions I have already started
  • See what the interest is like on the Gamespy server - just not had the time to really go on it yet
  • Find out the if there is a timescale for Andras Field USA

I hope this makes sense

I am still here just very busy with work which at last I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! I had left off selling them as we only had a couple of normal ones left and thought we would want to do something with the anniversary -due to the lack of interest in the heli plots I didn't want to put them up so soon.

I have done some checking the plots available are 7, 19 (last 2 normal plots - they are small) 24, 26 Helicopter plots

There is also AF50 which I think was offered to Canadian Express???- what about it becoming a hotel for all to use?

If I am reading it right Matt you want to give up your plot and buy one- your old plot would then be sold for charity-

There is also the suggestion that any money raised goes to charity- I think this is a good idea as they do not seem too concerned in getting the money from winners- I think the non standard method has been a bit of a headache for them

Flat fee is the easiest and the one I would prefer- having said that if one plot was to go for charity then a bid system could work especially if they don't happen at the same time-I don't like the idea of stopping the bid process due to high bids- I don't think it is right- but if someone pays stupid money they could become disappointed- it is also open up to false bidding- bid - win don't pay up or try to negotiate a lower settlement. I think we should check with Mathijs input if we want to go with a bid system. (Do Aerosoft have a charity ebay account?)

This next section is off topic but is sort of related

I have been wondering whether to follow Ole's lead and tender my resignation when the plots are all sold- basically because- I am not that sure that the interest is there any more?

I suppose I have come to some sort of conclusions:-

• Wait till after the anniversary before any decision is made-work will ease up in the next few weeks and I will have more time- and less stressed- will have more time to finish off the missions I have already started
  • See what the interest is like on the Gamespy server - just not had the time to really go on it yet
  • Find out the if there is a timescale for Andras Field USA

I hope this makes sense

Paul

You make perfect sense.

I understand your feelings completely. I can see why you feel kind of strange to be Director of a part that is no longer there....

And to be honest - I do not think Andras Field USA is ever going to happen. I just don´t believe that Aerosoft wants to do this once again. It is a one time deal really, if you ask my opinion.

And that leaves me to think. Perhaps its time to pull the plug completely on the board. Is there any need for a board anymore? No plots to sell - not much to do in updates anymore. Andras can throw in Christmas trees and things like that - but this could be from suggestions from users as well as from us - the board.

And if you look at it - Matt is doing the first thing that has a following - the round the world thing... but that is hardly a board task. You don´t even have to own Andras Field to participate - and still we have 8 people doing the second of 4 parts.

Not that I do not like the round the world challenge. I do, I do! but Matt can arrange this as a ordinary user - as, as I said, I don´t think its actually a board thing. The daily online things - that was what the job-schedule was about for the event director - and it was centered around, and for users of - Andras Field. Only problem was, it was mostly a no-show.

So now we sell the last plot - I honestly do not see much use for a board anymore - and therefore I suggest that we put a lid on the board - and act as users like everyone else.

I for my part would love to keep on being here. If Matt, at some point, feel like it, I could take the AAC back, (no push at all Matt, just stating the obvious) but the AAC have never been part of any board decisions. It is simply a users club, for and by user(s)

As for Matts suggestion to get a new plot, and sell AF74. I oppose it. Sorry Matt, but with only 2 normal plots left, I think it would be unfair to put this aside for you, when you already have a plot here.

I would however say yes to giving a plot to Paul, in appreciation of his board work here. Then we all got a plot. This would be fair, in my opinion.

Its nothing personal Matt. Please don´t take it that way. You certainly deserve a plot, and you got one.

So I say - sell the remaining plots - flat priced (€30 each) all goes to charity.

Ole the AAC clubs yours from the 7th that was my retirement gift to you. But on the condition that I have sole resp[onsibility for the the livery for the AA Club and I carry on on doing that with the all new liveries.

Looks like its just me as I director, to keep you lot on the straigh and narrow. Now wheres the whip to crack :lol:

Ole the AAC clubs yours from the 7th that was my retirement gift to you. But on the condition that I have sole resp[onsibility for the the livery for the AA Club and I carry on on doing that with the all new liveries.

Looks like its just me as I director, to keep you lot on the straigh and narrow. Now wheres the whip to crack :lol:

AAC is mine again? Jeez Matt. Really? Thanks! wub.gif

As for being a single director... I will veto that. No organization should be run by a single person. If Paul wants out too, and you want the Board to continue Matt, then I will use every power I have to make it mandatory that two new people are voted into the board. Its a board - not a dictatorship, and nomatter the good intentions, one person is a baaaad way to go it. And an odd number is preferable for keeping decision making possible.

No hard feelings against you Matt, all my posts seem to indicate this right now, and I have NOT - but this is about Andras Field and Andras Field only, and that´s why. Hope you see that Matt.smile.gif

AAC is mine again? Jeez Matt. Really? Thanks! wub.gif

As for being a single director... I will veto that. No organization should be run by a single person. If Paul wants out too, and you want the Board to continue Matt, then I will use every power I have to make it mandatory that two new people are voted into the board. Its a board - not a dictatorship, and nomatter the good intentions, one person is a baaaad way to go it. And an odd number is preferable for keeping decision making possible.

No hard feelings against you Matt, all my posts seem to indicate this right now, and I have NOT - but this is about Andras Field and Andras Field only, and that´s why. Hope you see that Matt.smile.gif

Do the last sales, close the board totally, job done, simples. Then the community can run their airfield.

Do the last sales, close the board totally, job done, simples. Then the community can run their airfield.

Matt. If you want to keep at it - then no problem.... we just need to appoint two new (IF Paul decides to go too that is) people to work with you, that s all. This is not an attempt to drive you out. I would actually prefer the place to be run, (although I see little to do anymore, but maybe that´s exactly why I am leaving) but if you have ideas still, for the place, then stay. I mean that.

You had all my ideas ;)

In all honesty there is nothing to run anymore. The experiment that is andras field as proved poeple like to fly offline more than online. Those that fly online will do there thing and not deviate from it. X server suck, y is better you know the story. In all honest I was ready to quite as director a long time ago :unsure: It will be nice to have time to fly for myself again. Sod it my decision is made.Im out the end of June. I'll just carry on with doing the AA Club repaints.

I would however say yes to giving a plot to Paul, in appreciation of his board work here. Then we all got a plot. This would be fair, in my opinion.

Its nothing personal Matt. Please don´t take it that way. You certainly deserve a plot, and you got one.

So I say - sell the remaining plots - flat priced (€30 each) all goes to charity.

Thank you for the nice thought but I am more than happy with my current plot- besides I would miss the neighbours (old and new- LOL)

Matt if your idea about giving up your current plot was because you didn't get it by a plot sale - Forget it- you have earnt the right to the plot many times over! (I also think that Ole did as well) besides it's a good plot

Matt are you also sure you want to give up?- just making doubly sure its not well Paul might be going whats the point- The point of my post was just to tell you where I was but if we are happy that it is the next chapter then I am happy as well (just as long as everyone is happy)

OK so when do we want to offer the plot sale? 4 at once? 2 for 2 weeks etc

Also AF50 did it get offered to Canadian Express? Do we want to have it as a hotel for all to use (basically means the hanger is open so those who haven't a plot or find Andras Field after the plot sales have somewhere they could use as a base?)

Thanks

use 50 as a hotel let everyone benefit from it. Im sure Im out, I owe myself the free time now, speically after all the work for the RTWC, ontop of that repaints which take a got 6 hours a piece.

Thank you for the nice thought but I am more than happy with my current plot- besides I would miss the neighbours (old and new- LOL)

Matt if your idea about giving up your current plot was because you didn't get it by a plot sale - Forget it- you have earnt the right to the plot many times over! (I also think that Ole did as well) besides it's a good plot

Matt are you also sure you want to give up?- just making doubly sure its not well Paul might be going whats the point- The point of my post was just to tell you where I was but if we are happy that it is the next chapter then I am happy as well (just as long as everyone is happy)

OK so when do we want to offer the plot sale? 4 at once? 2 for 2 weeks etc

Also AF50 did it get offered to Canadian Express? Do we want to have it as a hotel for all to use (basically means the hanger is open so those who haven't a plot or find Andras Field after the plot sales have somewhere they could use as a base?)

Thanks

Sorry Paul. I forgot you had a plot. Good for you, then we all got a plot, Case closed.

I actually think that Matt has made up his mind, but I cannot say for sure of course. But IF, then I guess we are done as a board on July 7´th all of us. No great loss in my opinion. We did all we could, and well, not much left anymore, is still my thought on the matter.

As for the plot sale.

We sell the whole darn bunch on July 1.st (and say 3-4 four days for people to respond) for €30 a plot - and state clearly that ALL the dough goes to the charity fund.

I second the idea of making plot 50 into a hotel. ill ask Andras to make it a big house - slightly big - and with a big, open hanger, and called Andras Field Hotel.

But lets keep at it, until the 7´th. You can both announce your departure if you want to. Ill notify Aerosoft about our decision tomorrow, unless I hear otherwise from you guys.

and hey.... its been great working with you guys.

use 50 as a hotel let everyone benefit from it. Im sure Im out, I owe myself the free time now, speically after all the work for the RTWC, ontop of that repaints which take a got 6 hours a piece.

you will finish the RTWC - yes?

you will finish the RTWC - yes?

Someones gotta manage it through to the end. May as well be me seeing as it was my creation. There certainly wont be number 2 coming from me lol.

Hi Folks,

I've no idea what is happening here lately, simply didn't have the time to follow.

Thus I'd only like to comment on one decision of yours, namely that the remaining plots need to be sold.

Please don't do that.

Those plots were 'designed' in the beginning just by thinking if there was space and need. In case the boards quits - which is a sad development viewed from my angle - there should be no more changes whatsoever, because in case there is nobody to handle and overview those changes, it remains on my shoulders without any actual help from you, and I don't have the insight anymore.

So if I may suggest - if no board, no sales!

Regarding the AF-USA that was mentioned here, I think Aerosoft didn't give up the idea.

But in case THIS European is going slowly and contentedly, they will not push or pursue it. I could do it and wish to do it although...

regards

Andras

Hi Folks,

I've no idea what is happening here lately, simply didn't have the time to follow.

Thus I'd only like to comment on one decision of yours, namely that the remaining plots need to be sold.

Please don't do that.

Those plots were 'designed' in the beginning just by thinking if there was space and need. In case the boards quits - which is a sad development viewed from my angle - there should be no more changes whatsoever, because in case there is nobody to handle and overview those changes, it remains on my shoulders without any actual help from you, and I don't have the insight anymore.

So if I may suggest - if no board, no sales!

Regarding the AF-USA that was mentioned here, I think Aerosoft didn't give up the idea.

But in case THIS European is going slowly and contentedly, they will not push or pursue it. I could do it and wish to do it although...

regards

Andras

Its good news you wish to do Andras Field USA. The sales will be made before the board goes, so is that still a problem? If so we can always change our decisions to best fit in with you. Even with out a board Im sure we'd all be still willing (I am any way cant speak for the others) to handle and overview any changes needed.

Andras..

First of all, I wanna say that I took the decision to leave the board, some time ago, as I told you in a mail. I had no idea that the two others would follow.

That said - there seems to be little point in having a board, when the last plot is sold. What are we to do? The following - the online, and forum following of Andras Field is - small. And well updates, as season changes, those are already made, and can be put out almost automatically.

This is why Paul originally mentioned that he wanted to do like me - as his job was to sell plots, and with no plots left....

Matt is doing a great job in his department, but his round the world challenge is not really a board thing - is it? Its not even only for Andras Field owners, and his dedicated forum events have a very little following, to be kind. This is not Matts fault, he has done one heck of a lot to get things going, but still 1-2 pilots online on event days....

But Andras - when we decided to sell the remaning plots, its NOT because we are leaving - Paul is leaving BECAUSE the plots will be sold out. We want to sell the remaining four plots for the birthday event, as it seems rational and a good idea. But we wont leave until the plots are sold, and the people buying them (if any) will have exactly what others have - a sign with their name on, in front of a house in Andras Field.

So I don´t understand why you don´t want us to sell the last plots.

EDIT: And as Matt says above.... We might go as a board, but we are still around here somewhere, and I know I wont be able to shut up about things I feel needs to be changed.

Ole