Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mathijs Kok

Salzburg 2011 Preview

Yes, but this is a preview and not a support topic. 

Of course you can always open your own topics in the German section of the forums to get support for your problems or simply getting your questions answered. 

The preview topics are in English language to reach the largest possible audience. 

Sorry for my using German.

Thanks Gianni for your honest statement. I'm gonna purchase the Russian LOWS scenery 'cause I love operating into that airport, but as soon as your Circling Salzburg hits the market, I'm gonna grab it, and this is a promise.

Keep up the good work, and don't forget about Innsbruck!

In order to help international members understand what Gianni said about his project "Circling Salzburg" and the new Salzburg release by Digital Design, I tried to translate his post. Please bear in mind that I'm not a professional translator and also no native English speaker, so it might not be perfect:

"HAPPY NEW YEAR 2016!

I'd like to make a statement regarding the current state of my project "Circling Salzburg", especially due to the preceding posts.

1. First of all, a clarification: The LOWS version released on Simmarket does not originate from design-team (that is, from me). DIGITAL DESIGN and DESIGN TEAM might sound similar, but they have nothing to do with each other. I myself have heard about that project for the first time only shortly before Christmas (but I wasn't really surprised since I had to expect that other designers might develop that wonderful airfield; not least since my own project is lagging behind schedule that much). I have bought the scenery and tested it in P3D: it is done splendidly indeed and I must pay my honest tribute to the designers!
  2. There are many reasons why my own project is lagging behind so extremely (I think I have communicated that very openly at several places) - on the one hand, there are private and job-related reasons, on the other hand, there's also my at times fateful tendency to perfection and the dependence on context projects ;). Therefore, I can absolutely understand if the community looks for alternatives and also uses them - I myself wouldn't act any differently. No designer has a kind of "exclusive right" to a project; it would be presumptuous, childish and naive to believe or demand that. Thank God that there's a free market and that there are no monopolies!
  3. But please let me say that the release of the competitive product hits me emotionally and also economically. You know that there's a lot of commitment and effort behind such a project. But as I said - this is my own problem and shouldn't burden anyone else. Such is life! As I already wrote on my own Facebook account, I would have appreciated if the designers of DIGITAL DESIGN had contacted me, because then, I might have shelved my own project and dedicated myself to other topics - this is no reproach, only a conclusion (since other designers do contact each other).
  4. When I decided in 2006 to use my hobby also commercially, I found an ideal partner in AEROSOFT as publisher for my works. Still I'm very glad that the cooperation works so well on an interpersonal and professional level. But I am not an employee of AEROSOFT. Therefore, it would be unfair and factually incorrect to blame AEROSOFT for the fact that "Circling Salzburg" isn't released yet - I take the blame for that gladly.
  5. I don't know whether AEROSOFT will include my project into its distribution portfolio (or whether it will keep it there); Paderborn must and will decide that. I think that we will have talks about that in the next few days. As far as I'm concerned, I plan to continue with "Circling Salzburg", because its concept differs considerably from Digital Design's concept, and I've simply put too much time and money into the project to discard it altogether.

Finally I'd like to say one thing already: Flight simulation is a hobby. For me, also the design of sceneries is a hobby. Therefore, I view it all as something that should give me pleasure and fun. And as far as I'm concerned, I will keep it that way.

Happy New Year!"

I just saw that FWAviation   already translated my posting. So now we have it double ;)

Sorry I was not aware of the requirement to use only english in this forum. Let me try to translate!

Happy New Year!

Let me state something to the current status of my project "Circling Salzburg", not only in consideration of the recent postings in this thread.

1. For clarification: LOWS issued by Simmarket has nothing to do with design-team although DIGITAL DESIGN and DESIGN TEAM may sound quite similar. I was notified about the announcement of the release around Christmas 2015. To be honest I was not surprised because it was more than obvious that sooner or later other designers will choose this wonderfull airport and the environment. Not to forget that I announced "Circling Salzburg" in 2011 and this is an awful long time in these days! I purchased the scenery immediately and tested it in P3D V2: And I have to admit that it is great stuff. Congratulations to the designers from the bottom of my heart.
  2. The reasons for the heavy delay for "Circling Salzburg" are multilayered (I think this was stated already because I want to be transparent and open) - aside from private and professional stuff it is for sure also the dependency from context projects and mainly my approach to design "over-precisely" (which puzzles me from time to time :) ). And hence I really understand the community to loose patience and to look out for alternatives - as a client I would not act in a different way. There is nothing like "exclusivity" for a project or a region or an airport. Any designer who would claim it would be arrogant, childish and naive. Thank goodness the market is free!
  3. But I think that it is understandable that the issuing of the russian project affects me both emotionally and from a business view. Everybody who ever was engaged in design projects will know that a lot of engagement and effort is linked in such work. But as already said - this is my individual problem and there is no need to bother anybody else! This is life. As also mentioned in my personal facebook-account a contact from the russian designers at an earlier stage would have been appreciated. Simply  because this would have offered the possibility to replan or to react in another way for me - but this is not to be understood as any kind of allegation, it is just a remark (not only because other designers are communicating exactly in this way in order to protect each other).
  4. When I decided to step into commercial design in 2006 (after the release of LOWS and LOWK) I was really happy to find the cooperation with AEROSOFT. It has not changed since nine years because my partners in Paderborn are acting as friends and in a very professional way. However I am not an employee from AEROSOFT. Thus it would not be fair and useless to blame them that "Circling Salzburg" is far beyond the time schedule - eventually it is my individual fault and if somebody is to be bashed it is only me!
  5. I do not know whether or not AEROSOFT will keep "Circling Salzburg" in their distribution portfolio. It is up to them to decide and I guess that we will talk about it in the next days. As far as I am concerned I will keep on designing my project because I invested far too much time and money and I do not want to through it away.

Finally: Flight Simulation is a hobby. Same applies also for the design of addons (at least for me). Hence from my point of view everything which is linked to this topic should make fun. For me this will never change!

I wish all of you a very good start into 2016!

Haha, sorry Gianni - I really didn't expect that, especially not at this time of night. ;) If no one gets bothered, I'd simply keep my translation online - and the users here might choose for themselves which translation they like better, just like regarding Digital Design's and your versions of LOWS. ;)

Is this scenery going to be boxed released?

Did you read this thread at all? If not I would suggest to atleast read the last page.

Is this scenery going to be boxed released?

Did you read this thread at all? If not I would suggest to atleast read the last page.

Yes "Dude" ive read most of this threads content.Now,if a smartass like you know the awnser why dont you be a sweetheart and WRITE it!!

Skickat från min SM-G925F via Tapatalk

I seriously doubt you've read it because if you would have done so you would have found the answer to your question.

In general questions that have already been answered will not be answered again, that's policy. The answer is there, you can find it for yourself.

I seriously doubt you've read it because if you would have done so you would have found the answer to your question.

In general questions that have already been answered will not be answered again, that's policy. The answer is there, you can find it for yourself.

Well i didnt find it...SORRY!!I dont know about you're life situation but im living a pretty hectic one witch means i sometimes dont have time to scroll down endless pages in forums.I try to read as much as i can WHEN i can.Now,this wasnt a in depth question about the scenery or whats delaying it no.Its was a matter of "yes" or "no".People like you that take their time to write back about the so called forum policy about questions makes me sick

When the holidays are over i hope someone from the staff is willing to awnser...or not.

Ok, which product are you talking about? If you are talking about the Salzburg that was just released then you are wrong here because that one is not done by AS. If you are talking about the Salzburg 2011 scenery then it should have been obvious from reading the last page that it is already delayed by 4 years and the dev can not even state a date for the beta. Let alone if it will be boxed sometime in the future.

But when you know AS you also know that stuff they publish normally also gets boxed.

I hope this clears it up for you a bit.

Vor 1 Stunde, lenne sagte:

Well i didnt find it...SORRY!!I dont know about you're life situation but im living a pretty hectic one witch means i sometimes dont have time to scroll down endless pages in forums.I try to read as much as i can WHEN i can.Now,this wasnt a in depth question about the scenery or whats delaying it no.Its was a matter of "yes" or "no".People like you that take their time to write back about the so called forum policy about questions makes me sick

When the holidays are over i hope someone from the staff is willing to awnser...or not.

well... if your live is that "hectic" so you don't habe time to read about and follow some "policies" (which are nothing more than polite behaviour) you may save your precious time not flooding forums with questions which are answered by peaple that spend their (precious) time to do so

Ok, which product are you talking about? If you are talking about the Salzburg that was just released then you are wrong here because that one is not done by AS. If you are talking about the Salzburg 2011 scenery then it should have been obvious from reading the last page that it is already delayed by 4 years and the dev can not even state a date for the beta. Let alone if it will be boxed sometime in the future.

But when you know AS you also know that stuff they publish normally also gets boxed.

I hope this clears it up for you a bit.

Well since this is aerosofts forum i dont ask of the digital design scenery.Thank you "The dude".You're awnser is much appreciated.From what i learned AS mostly publish boxed mega airports.Majority of latest releases are downloads only.

Vor 1 Stunde, lenne sagte: Well i didnt find it...SORRY!!I dont know about you're life situation but im living a pretty hectic one witch means i sometimes dont have time to scroll down endless pages in forums.I try to read as much as i can WHEN i can.Now,this wasnt a in depth question about the scenery or whats delaying it no.Its was a matter of "yes" or "no".People like you that take their time to write back about the so called forum policy about questions makes me sick

well... if your live is that "hectic" so you don't habe time to read about and follow some "policies" (which are nothing more than polite behaviour) you may save your precious time not flooding forums with questions which are answered by peaple that spend their (precious) time to do so

"Flooding forums with questions" haha i had one question[emoji23] .Ok im gonna leave it here before i upset more people

"Flooding forums with questions" haha i had one questionemoji23.png .Ok im gonna leave it here before i upset more people

Gracias.

"Flooding forums with questions" haha i had one questionemoji23.png .Ok im gonna leave it here before i upset more people

You may have had one question, but if everyone that would have one question (and mostly the same question) would all ask them the forum would soon become flooded. That's the reason you were given the response that you got. It's ok to ask questions if the answer can't be found otherwise, but that was not the case here. So in the future keep in mind: first search, then ask. Not the other way around.

Ok PatrickZ i will do just that in the future.I appologise to the people that got offended of my reply's.I got my warning from admin...taken and accepted.Just hope everyone can be a little more helpfull in the future.This is a forum were people get and passes on information.If someone ask's me something i will try my best to help them.If i cant help with the awnser atleast i can try to point in the right direction.

Peace!

As far as I know it has been canceled. Can't compete against Digital Design and the developer is now working on Innsbrück.

6 minutes ago, PatrickZ said:

As far as I know it has been canceled. Can't compete against Digital Design and the developer is now working on Innsbrück.

Patrick, you don't know that. We never announced so, so please do not fill our forums with assumptions if you do not know something for certain.

Innsbrusk!

I just split my tea....lol