Mathijs Kok

Salzburg 2011 Preview

Design Team in working for us on a brand new Salzburg airport that will be released as Salzburg 2011 later this year. The images show a very early version, more a proof that work has started then anything else!

There is no further information available at this time.

post-43-0-38747500-1308656194.jpg

post-43-0-61317900-1308656195.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Nice! Is this from Aerosoft team or someone outside?

It's done by Design Team (Johannes Kimla ).

I'm looking for great detail on the Hangar 7and 8. A a glass cathedral for aviation! Also this is one of my fav airports!!!

Thanks!

Are this screenshots from FS9 or FSX?

X, but you would be pushed to see the difference in this case!

Just trying to understand why Aerosoft seems to be redoing nicely done airports. Zurich, now Salzburg - not that those already on the market are bad...

:clap_s:

Quite possible because... It's just so easy (and less expensive) to re-work same old things.

But, by the way, what about all other requested projects in Europe ?

Dom Mason

Hi Mathijs

thats really goods news.one of my favourite short hops.aerosoft innsbruck to salzburg(soon to be aerosoft Salzburg).

steve:-)

Johannes Kimla... say no more... I'll buy the second it's released!

Looking forward very much to a new rendition of Salzburg. Yes, there's already on the market, but it's from 2007 IIRC and in need of an update to the latest standards.

Just trying to understand why Aerosoft seems to be redoing nicely done airports. Zurich, now Salzburg - not that those already on the market are bad...

There are not that many airport not done yet and those that are left are either in the process of being done, impossible to do because we can not get access or simply commercially not possible.

If you feel the Salzburg that's available now from RGFlight is okay, that's fine. I don't like it a lot when a company that is closed stills sells it's products, though.

But this is not a rework of an old project, these days that hardly makes sense.

Okay. Let's be franck here. And i don't want to loose readers. Germans are the second readers of my blog just behind USA and before U.K.

Yes, Salzburg really needs a good lifting. And this airport is really good, surrounded by mountains.

But i have the sensation (oh, you are mean person, Dom) that Aerosoft choices are a bit hmm, Germano-centred.:focus_s:

But of course, it's Aerosoft right, and Aerosoft will deny this.

I imagine a great french designer (doesn't exist) and i totally assume that the french company would do the same choices.

Now prove me i am wrong. Show us a great Lyon airport or a great italian airport.

And if its only about german airports, there are still a lot to be done : Düsseldorf (no news), Berlin Schönefeld (no news) etc.

Good night and good luck

Dom

As stated many times, they need to get acces to airports , permission to take pics, find a market for it ETC

Okay. Let's be franck here. And i don't want to loose readers. Germans are the second readers of my blog just behind USA and before U.K.

Yes, Salzburg really needs a good lifting. And this airport is really good, surrounded by mountains.

But i have the sensation (oh, you are mean person, Dom) that Aerosoft choices are a bit hmm, Germano-centred.:focus_s:

But of course, it's Aerosoft right, and Aerosoft will deny this.

I imagine a great french designer (doesn't exist) and i totally assume that the french company would do the same choices.

Now prove me i am wrong. Show us a great Lyon airport or a great italian airport.

And if its only about german airports, there are still a lot to be done : Düsseldorf (no news), Berlin Schönefeld (no news) etc.

Good night and good luck

Dom

Well, they may have a (generally) common language, but Salzburg is in Austria, not Germany. :)

Aerosoft do not just supply German airports... look at the many holiday destinations on offer...

Düsseldorf would be nice to see, and is no doubt on the cards. Berlin Schönefeld is undergoing a HUGE change to become BBI. Any amount of development time currently would be nonsense. Best to wait until BBI is finished before even contemplating doing that one IMO...

As stated, the greatest hurdle is probably getting the necessary access to the airports for photographic ground work.

I for one am glad that the master of Innsbruck is working on Salzburg, as I am sure he will make it into a great, as is Innsbruck!

Andrew

Right out of my head I can remember airports for sale at Aerosoft, from:

Sweden

Norway

Germany

Finland

Austria

Switzerland

England

France

Holland

USA

Probably someones I forgot.... But that´s versatile if yo ask me! Of course there will be many German airports - Aerosoft is located in Germany, and Germany is a huge European country.

Please, can we get on-topic here? I almost forgot LOWS, until I saw the preview here. Now redownloaded Gianni's 2006 scenery, and that was already good for that time (with free AES). Will surely buy the new version!

Right out of my head I can remember airports for sale at Aerosoft, from:

Sweden

Norway

Germany

Finland

Austria

Switzerland

England

France

Holland

USA

Greece