Checklist

Griphos

Been eyeing this one for a month or so and had to get it last night. Very nice. I so appreciate the extra work that goes into modeling the systems correctly and the sounds and details are very immersive. As a RL pilot, I also appreciate planes with FM that don't all seem exactly the same except for speeds. I've come to the place where, with just a couple of exceptions like the DoDo and the BIrdDog, I basically fly Aerosoft and A2A planes for the most part. This one definitely has the kind of feel that speaks of accurate flight modeling (never flown one in RL, so I don't know for sure), but I love the stall effects and I have that nice feeling of actually being in air, unlike with some of the planes.

So, I've been enjoying her since last evening. I downloaded and installed CumulusX! 1.8 and have been learning to look for lift as well.

My question, though, is why there is no checklist in VC, and how to add one. I found the checklists in the documents section of the relevant Aerosoft subfolder. I can try to print that out, I guess, but I prefer to just access it in the sim.

Thanks again for a very nice airplane.

Thanks for the kind words.

We have several options to show the checklists. Secons screen, smartphone, half eaten fruit phone, print... I prefer the paper one. It just feels most real.

Cheers Joachim

.. I prefer the paper one. It just feels most real.

Cheers Joachim

Yeah, but it's just one more thing laying around my room to keep track of. Is there a way to put the checklist into a format that I can reference in the aircraft.cfg file so that it will show up in the vc kneeboard?

Also, and I probably ought to be asking this on whatever forum CumulusX has, but I haven't noticed any thermals or ridge lift yet using that addon. Is there some trick to it? It's running (starts automatically) and connected when I'm flying, and I select the fair weather theme.

Thanks.

I'll give that a try.

And it sure is easy where I live. :-) I'm no glider pilot (trained for a few hours way back) but in the summer, when I take the Chief up, seems I'm getting bumped up 500 fpm every few miles or so! I call it thermal surfing...hit a thermal, point the nose down to maintain altitude and get close to 100mph (the only time my Chief EVER gets close to 100mph!!).