Why we don't have more informations concerning the Trim tabs ?

Use of such juvenile language puts you firmly on the same pitifully low level as those people you so tediously refer to as (Word removed).

:rolleyes::lol:

Especially when their contribution to the value and interest of the topic would actually be improved by remaining silent... ^_^

Meantime, thanks to bliksimpie for the unrealism mod. As he says, take it or leave it.

• Upvote 1

You are right I shoul not have that word to describe people who can't behave themselves like snave. For that I appologize.

And furthermore I will remain quiet about flying and aircraft in this forum. If I want to know something about flying irl I'll go to my flying club.

Friendly bunch their btw

Marcel thanks for the great Katana, I love her, best GA in town.

Rob

You are right I shoul not have that word to describe people who can't behave themselves like snave. For that I appologize.

And furthermore I will remain quiet about flying and aircraft in this forum. If I want to know something about flying irl I'll go to my flying club.

Friendly bunch their btw

Marcel thanks for the great Katana, I love her, best GA in town.

Rob

You had already told us this, so now you're repeating yourself. And STILL have yet to make a contribution to the topic under discussion. So now you've wasted even more of someone elses bandwidth with your signature picture. Did you have any contribution to make as a beta tester, one wonders?

As a student pilot you should be expected to have jumped right in and explained the use of fixed trim tabs, having asked your pals at the flying club if required. Yet you arrive late, say nothing, and leave it to someone who you describe as rude to provide an answer..? Better still, you might have referred our OP to the original quote from Marcel that explained why it is the way it is, and why there is no intention or need to change

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/44906-diamond-da20-100-katana/page__view__findpost__p__301303

How rude is that?

We all look forward to your contributions in future. Look forward to them actually contributing something, that is.

• 1 month later...

So in real life nobody would - once their tabs are set right - check the angle with an angle-meter, maybe just to see what it is and so that you may give advice when asked?

Thanks a lot for the modification, I find it simply interesting, also because it is sometimes hard to really see (with my laggy mouse), how much you changed the tabs now or if they are back in their original position.

Thanks,

Stefan

Hello all.

I'm not a pilot.

Perhap's just a common technician.

But every time I've to set up some system, I look for a kind of measurement.

It could be anything.

Just to compare with what I've done before.

That said, every one do as he want.

And

I really understand the way Marcel has implemented this function.

Add a passenger, or fire him and the plane can't react the same. This is only physic...

And for me it's the first plane where it's so clear.

But...

You also could make a little mark on the trimming rod to obtain quickly an approximative but useable setting.

Not in a sim, we understand that.

And the balance between "hand setting" and pure digits is not so easy to determine.

So, because it's my way I've taken the mod of Blik (Thank's).

And pushed a little more...

A trim rode is not done for managing full course.

Only somes parts of degree or very few of them.

Then take a look at the corresponding xml.

Change values to your "taste / experience/ needs" ...

And that's all.

Just for "Snave" :

I don't measure my sterring angle when I drive ..

But for sure, I measure the geometry of my wheels !

-1° ± 0.2 ...

Depend of your car ;-)

With respect.

Daniel.