Autopilot Engage Issue

ScottM

when I fly the airbus X I find that I can't get the autopilot to engange. When I click it it goes on for around half a second then disengages and creates a nose-up effect. I usually get it engaged near the end of the climb after flying it manually but I usually end up doing a rollerocaster up there because of the nose up effect.

when I fly the airbus X I find that I can't get the autopilot to engange. When I click it it goes on for around half a second then disengages and creates a nose-up effect. I usually get it engaged near the end of the climb after flying it manually but I usually end up doing a rollerocaster up there because of the nose up effect.

Maybe due to a discrepancy that wont allow it to stay on, make sure that everything is set correctly.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I am experiencing exactly the same issue. It appeared progressively though, the AP kept engaging later and later in the flight till it gave up engaging at any stage and under any configuration. The Airbus X is simply unflyable in a roper manner without the AP. I spent days and nights trying to find a reason and going through every concerned forum but I found no satisfactory explanation. I tested all related software (ie FSUIPC) knowing that I had made no changes to them before the problem showed up. Anyway, it didn't lead to any solution either. Being disappointed and frustrated for not being able to fly one of my favourite birds (while Holgi continues his excellent livery releases...) and angry for not finding the reason and wasting my time, I took the extreme decision to uninstall my FSX and reinstall all the stuff from scrap. It took time, it gave me hope, but at the end nothing changed ! I still have the same problem with the Airbus X ! IT IS SIMPLY IMPOSSIBLE TO ENGAGE THE AUTO PILOT while all settings are correct. I always get the same alarm sound and indication and the AP immediately disengages. What I don't understand is that I flew the Airbus successfuly for a year or so before this issue arose. Furthermore, I can state that all other aircraft installed work fine, including the ifly 737. It has now become my only option for a proper flight ....

I really hope someone can help as this is an extremely embarassing situation. Looking forward to your help,

Happy flights to everyone

Sorry but i don´t think i can help at this moment. have you tryeid to load any of the state from the mcdu to see if that could help, for some unknown reason. by the way you dident download any files for the airbus before it happend ? as much info as posible is required to help

Thanks for your advice. I tried loading various aircraft states from the mcdu but it didn't change anything, the AP is still unusable.

As for the files I have downloaded for the Airbus, it's only texture files and the AES cfg file. I insist on the fact that the aircraft worked perfectly some time ago with the same files, and the problem appeared with no logical explanation. What kind of information would you like to have in order to help ? And once again thank you for taking time to look at the issue.

About info required to help, you already told us some importan right now. as where i wounder is you say AES cfg file isent that = Airport Enhancement Services. some times a picture tells more than 1000 words, but dosent think it would in this case. all the small info can make the diference about when and what was done. just to give some perspectives.

about the re-install did you follow this post here: http://forum.aerosof...-to-re-install/

?

Thanks for your latest help. I uninstalled the Airbus and followed step by step instructions for re-installation. During my first test flight (A321 cfm) I managed to engage the AP about 12 minutes into the flight after several tries. When disconnected, no way to engage it again. I made a few more test flights since then with all Airbus variants (including A321 cfm) and no AP engage again. Always the same alarm and immediate disconnect. Auto throttle works fine though as it always did. Also, a new bug has appeared, the F12 key for the overhead panel view doesn't work although installed version of the Airbus is 1.22.

This is a desperate cry from a hopeless simmer :(

I am sorry to hear it dident work. but sound like something block or give interface which would disengage the AP, as you got it working after several try. just as test what happens if you unplug all hardware device you have so only mouse and keyboard, then start a flight in the default boeing and get airborne by using key board know it might not bee that easy, then at a safe alt switch to the airbus X and try if you can engage AP. that way i hope we can see if that is the problem or something els.

Just tried your latest method: still the same problem. No change of behaviour from joystick (sidewinder force feedback 2 + fs force) to keyboard...

Nevermind, I'll fly my 737 insted for tonight !

Thank you very much for your advises anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have something else to propose ? I keep trying to solve the issue but it remains impossible to engage the AP. And this only happens with the Airbus X, all other aircraft work fine. I love this plane and it is irritating not to be able to fly it.

Any intuition will be accepted with pleasure. Please people, help ....

Does anyone have something else to propose ? I keep trying to solve the issue but it remains impossible to engage the AP. And this only happens with the Airbus X, all other aircraft work fine. I love this plane and it is irritating not to be able to fly it.

Any intuition will be accepted with pleasure. Please people, help ....

All I can suggest is loading the default Cessna and then load the Airbus and go through the tutorial.

All I can suggest is loading the default Cessna and then load the Airbus and go through the tutorial.

I have done the tutorial, I do everything as it says and still, it leaves me flying about like an idot for the first 10 mins of the flight. I mean seriously, not only does it not engage it gives a high nose-up attitude meaning I'm left floundering for ages without the think working. I love the airbus X I think it's an amazing addon but I am Fed Up not being able to get it engaged.

What I would like from aerosoft is some sort of patch or atleast some other ideas than to do the tutorial... I am not very happy that I can't engage the autopilot on the "electric jet".

Just a wee bit more help would be 110% more appreciated, Thanks

Scott

• Upvote 1

I have done the tutorial, I do everything as it says and still, it leaves me flying about like an idot for the first 10 mins of the flight. I mean seriously, not only does it not engage it gives a high nose-up attitude meaning I'm left floundering for ages without the think working. I love the airbus X I think it's an amazing addon but I am Fed Up not being able to get it engaged.

What I would like from aerosoft is some sort of patch or atleast some other ideas than to do the tutorial... I am not very happy that I can't engage the autopilot on the "electric jet".

Just a wee bit more help would be 110% more appreciated, Thanks

Scott

Hello Scott,

It would only require a patch if it was a bug, as it is not there there wont be a patch, sorry.

If you look on this forum you will see that you wont find many posts regarding this issue.

Hello Scott,

It would only require a patch if it was a bug, as it is not there there wont be a patch, sorry.

If you look on this forum you will see that you wont find many posts regarding this issue.

Shaun, please excuse my rant, I was just irritated by it.

I will give it a try going through the tutorial again tomorrow most likely. Once again, sorry

Scott

Just a question. All the checklists in the FSX kneeboard are in German, is there a way to get an English version?

Theres a checklist in the documentation that comes with it. But not to sure if theres an English version for the kneepad.

I would put it on the laptop at least its not getting in the way when moving round the VC.

Good point :)) I just need to email it to myself to do that, thanks fro your help Shaun, again sorry for my earlier rant.

Scott

• 1 month later...

Shaun, I have managed to sort the issue.

On the PFD, above the artificial horizon where you see the autopilot status the CLB and NAV wording need to be surrounded by a very light rectangular box before you can engage the autopilot, this happens as the aircraft goes into a suitable flight angle/pitch ect. before you can do it. Just wait and bide your time, this solves the issue of looking like an idot :)

My I suggest, Shaun that this is added into the manul for people like me who have this issue. And my appologies for blaming aerosoft :o

Scott :)

• 2 months later...